Has learning about history and human nature made you hate humanity?

Has learning about history and human nature made you hate humanity?

A little bit. It's certainly introduced some cynicism and frustration at our species for continuously get things wrong.

It's important to remember that a lot of the good in humanity is left out of history because it's small things, like beautiful culture and art and literature created in turbulent eras, people helping others in the middle of cruelty and conflict, and humorous anecdotes that occurred in the most serious and grim of times.

It's important to keep this in mind and seek out the human aspect of history and philosophy when studying it.

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9

History? The most infuriating things for me come in the daily news.

some humans more than others

>human nature
end this meme

It made me realize any political or economic system promising utopia is bound to crash and burn.

Actually it's taught me that we can be better than we're currently being.

Are you not being the person Mr Rogers believed you could be, user?

Not hate it, but rather be far less optimistic about it.

No, since I am a very Machiavellian character myself.
Not in action, since I am too dumb and lazy, but in thought.
Certainly I wouldn't fault any leader for doing what is best for him and his, even if its """morally wrong""".

>human nature
>humanity

it's made me realise that the rich have been exploiting the poor since forever... not exactly a profound observation but i still get frustrated reading about it

No, but I still think its time to become post-human

Yes, but I'm a, possibly literal, psychotic who wants nothing else than to be a tyrant who can flippantly dispose of anyone I feel like.

I can't understand why pansy-ass normalfags can hate humanity through history, when things ultimately get more comfortable for them as technology evolves.

I'd advise a system of realistic optimism. Yeah, there's always going to be bad things, corruption, exploitation, and whatever, but iPhones will get nicer.

Me, I'll still be bitter about not being the God-King of all Nations.

ONE DOES NOT HATE; ONE IS FURIOUS.

ONE IS FURIOUS AGAINST VILLAINS, NOT AGAINST “HUMANITY”; THERE IS NO “HUMANITY” AS SUCH; THE CONCEPT OF “HUMANITY” IS SPURIOUS, HAVING BEEN CREATED BY THE IGNOBLE MANY TO INTELLECTUALIZE THEIR ANTHROPOCENTRISM.

ONE’S FURY IS CONTINGENT ON ONE’S NOBILITY, NOT ON ONE’S LEARNING OF HISTORY.

>What's happening now is worse than 5k+ years of recorded history

Learning about human history and studying various social sciences has made me pity humanity to a small degree.

it really is you mong
>attrocities commited over 5k+ years of recorded history have the same impact on me as stuff that happens in the present

it really got me into HFY stories and media following that priciple like stargate or warhammer 40k

I learned that the only way to survive is to be more brutal than the most brutal guy around you but in a smart/indirect way