Does anyone else here ever feel a deep longing to live in a different place and/or era...

Does anyone else here ever feel a deep longing to live in a different place and/or era? Do you ever feel nostalgia for a time period that you never even lived in?

If so, what is it?

Personally I've always wanted to live in Celtic pagan Ireland, it's just seems so wholesome and comely. I've been obsessed with learning about it for years.

>Inb4 "your idea of that time period is heavily romanticised and nowadays is objectively the best time as there's no disease."

Don't take each other's ideas so seriously, have fun with it.

>teleport to pagan ireland
>appear in a pagan tribal village
>get sacrificed to the celtic deities beacuse people think you're magic

>Does anyone else here ever feel a deep longing to live in a different place and/or era? Do you ever feel nostalgia for a time period that you never even lived in?

This is literally Veeky Forums.

Aksum seems really comfy desu.

mesopotamia or levant in 2200 BC

1920s America.

Yes, if only for the sick ass robes they used the wear and the staffs they used to carry. Can't do that today without looking like a LARPer.

I feel nostalgic for the future where everyone gets genetically modified sex slaves.

I do but then I realize I would be stuck there and couldn't experience distant cultures and times even by proxy.

So in the end it's probably best that we can all live through those different eras vicariously by studying history, art and archaeology, literature, watching dramatized tv adaptations and playing video games.

>ywn be the knightly retainer of a noble lord
>ywn live in his household
>ywn sack a village by his command
>ywn hold a castle in his name
>ywn crush on the qt3.14 maidens of the court
>ywn charge headlong into the crushing mass of battle
>tfw ywn be held in the arms of your master while death comes to you

I always wanted to live in an 1800s household in a country side. I just get nostalgic whenever I see pictures of people from 1800s.

They'd drown you in a bog for being a faggot OP.

Eastern desert looks pretty fun also, and deserts in general.

i want to live in the era when Veeky Forums is VR

I just want to be a Renaissance-Baroque painter in either Italy or the Netherlands.

For me, I'd love to be in the 18th century. It always seemed comfy to me.

i feel like living in the 1950s in a Midwestern stereotypical american town would be fun

This is the wrong timeline. Wish I lived in a better one.

Fuggoff you stereotypical neocon troll.

>>>THIS

I wish I'd been born about 10-15 years earlier so that I could've had time to genuinely understand and exploit the advent of the internet era. I was born in 1996, so I wasn't really conscious of the world during the time that things were really revving up.

*Fuck off
Fixed that for you :)

Ancient Greece

>Does anyone else here ever feel a deep longing to live in a different place and/or era? Do you ever feel nostalgia for a time period that you never even lived in?

1930s Australia would be comfy af.

I would've loved to have been an 18th century Officer in the Royal Navy.

Being an English noble in the 7th - 13th centuries wouldn't be so bad either.

Honestly, Antiquity seems like hit and miss. I would've liked to have lived in Rome during the 1st Century BC and Athens in the 5th and 4th Century BC.

>I would've loved to have been an 18th century Officer in the Royal Navy.
pleb detected

I wish I could live as homo erectus for a day.

I'll admit being an 18th century French aristocrat would be better.

>Calling the orthodox fags
>converted the Slavic Pagans with ease
>used cool so is instantly not cool

whow

>Does anyone else here ever feel a deep longing to live in a different place and/or era?
I always thought it would be cool to live in the future. Maybe 5,000 years would be enough time for there to be cheap, reliable space travel plus immortal synthetic bodies which can hibernate and not particularly mind going on centuries-long voyages across the stars.

Failing that, I'd want to live in the 1980s. Invest in Microsoft, Apple, Google, Berkshire Hathaway, Bitcoin, Facebook. Be the world's first trillionaire in the most technologically advanced society that has yet existed. Self finance my own movies, video games, presidential runs, it would all be within my reach.

As much as I love studying history, I don't pointlessly lionize the bad old days. Once the novelty of living in an earlier era wore off, it'd be just as shitty as this life but every day small things we take for granted would be a massive hassle, not to mention threat of disease, violence, political fuckery, etc.

>major east-west crossroads
>urbanized and literate buddhist iranian-speaking population descended from saka/scythian nomads with chinese and indian influenced customs
>center of culture, conduit for spread of buddhism from india/central asia to china

Kingdom of Khotan doesn't sound bad.

>ywn be a patrician in 13th century venice
>ywn be part of the elite of the wealthiest state alive
>ywn stroll down one of the many seaside markets to find all kind of goods from the whole world
>ywn see an amber pendant from Novgorod aside a fine piece of porcelain from Guangzhou, together with embroiled silk from Varanasi and ivory from Timbuktu
>ywn be able to purchase a fine circassian slave, bargained for directly with mongols in crimea, or perhaps a nubian qt bought from an ethiopian slave trader
>ywn see the Bucintoro depart from Piazza San Marco for the yearly Spousalice with the sea
>ywn see people and ships flock from all corners of the Dominio dà Mar in order to see the electtion of the new Doge, chant the Te Deum and cross Venice in a lavish parade
These and many more feels.

my fucking nigga

>tfw you will never live in an oasis state at the height of Tang supremacy

literally end me

Would have been fun to carve out the eyes of those nasty Bulgars for my glorious Basil

That sounds heavenly.

I never heard of this place before, and sure enough it was destroyed by Muslims a thousand years ago.

Early christian Ireland is vastly more comfy

So much this and a Dixie era

i'd like to live a life as a Gallic chieftain in a comfy oppidum fighting and defending my land against med scum.