How is it possible that Portugal has been independent for so long. I mean the Iberian Union only lasted 60 years...

How is it possible that Portugal has been independent for so long. I mean the Iberian Union only lasted 60 years. Why couldn't Spain conquer them, did they fear the coastal warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jowtiKZ2Qnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There were some historical reasons to fear them

alliance with England since 1373

youtube.com/watch?v=jowtiKZ2Qnw

They literally ran to engalbd every time spain tried too start shit

It's strange, since the portuguese, were usually outnumbered, but tend to win in the same way.

We conquered you in 11 days (with France's help) in 1807

Napoleon lost dude, and both of you were expelled. Better, you you switched sides and joined us to fight them. lmao
And after that Portugal occupied Madrid

Not only there, but one valid point it was - better strategy

>Napoleon lost dude, and both of you were expelled.

Yeah, a year later when Brits arrived to save your ass
But whetever, "Portugal stronk!!!" I guess

Bro, where were the british here?
they weren´t... the majorityof the wins, of portugal againt spain was without any foreign help.
and when you join france and spain to invade a smaller country what did you expect?

I'm tired of those D&C fight's between european brother's. it's in the past fellas, don´t forget it to never do it again.
love you both

fuck off centrist
>uwu everybody hold hands and sing kumbayah
i will NEVER trust a g*rman in my life, and I have good reason not to. D&C is a meme and anybody who believes it's a real thing is probably retarded

Honestly Iberia should be a single country.

Czechoslovakia was created by kikes and freemasons.

>we

global rule 3 is enforced on this board, please delete your post

It's a verifiable fact.

After Restoration War - Spanish invasion of 1762 (after Earthquake of Lisbon 1755 and a smaller and desorganised regular army)
>Primordial forced conscription/ leveé en masse ( every male until 60 years was soldier of the Kingdom) in addition to small Regular Portuguese Army
- Total War
- That levy en masse associated with scorched Earth tactics
- peasants abandoned all the villages around, taking with them or destroying the crops, food and all that could be used by the invaders, including the roads and houses.
- Population evacuation (bc Spanish specially Castillians are evil and sack/plunder/ kill unarmed population)
- Peasantry as Guerrilheiros
-cutting off supplies from Spain
- killing most of Spanish-Franco army troops more than joint Regular Anglo-Portuguese Army
-no quarters to evil Castillian oppressors (deserters or prisoners)
>
- Portuguese nationalism - national sentiment of revolt and uprising against hostile invaders and subhuman Spanish
>The Portuguese nationalism and the atrocities committed by the Spanish army against peasant villages – mainly during food expeditions – were the fuel for the revolt
-some cases there was no need for an army - peasantry could hold up against Spaniards and the French
- Hold up until Anglo support (payed with Brazilian Gold) (Spanish always bring their overlord the French with them)
- Mostly bringing one of military defensive masterminds loyal to British Crown (German Count de La Lippe like Duke of Wellington)
>William conducted a brilliant defensive campaign of marches and counter-marches, so that the enemy, although it had a three-to-one superiority in numbers, always encountered defenders in a good position and never dared to risk an all-out attack.

Btw stop D&C thread about Iberia. kike OP. It's literally the same thread every week.

>14,000 vs 50,000
>impressive by siege standards

lol

No it shouldnt. Do you see whats happening with Catalonia? The more decentralised the better.

they did one time

though Portugal saved Spain from Nappy so they owe them one.

I didn't say it should be a Centralized country, Catalonia, Castille, Andalusia, Portugal, etc. should have their own parliaments and constitutions, but they should be ruled by the same king, have the same military, currency, etc.

hi tarkur

>Portugal saved Spain from Nappy so they owe them one

Pure 100% bullshit. Portugal did shit in Spain during the Peninsula war. It was Spain, French and Brits mostly.

>though Portugal saved Spain from Nappy so they owe them one.

Kek
More like Brits saved Porugal and Spain from frogs

HA!

Honestly Europe should be a single country

Your country was better off under German control.

>Pure 100% bullshit. Portugal did shit in Spain during the Peninsula war.
Instead of taking bait of poltards and saying whatever comes to your head, reserach more. Read Battle of Salamanca or something. Portuguese were 2nd regular force in Wellington's Army.

>You can't lose if you switch to the winning side

Yes

Thats a siege, ofcourse its not going to be an even loss