Is the entire nation of Israel just the biggest and longest LARP session ever?

Is the entire nation of Israel just the biggest and longest LARP session ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can the LARP meme die already?

I should point out this isn't /pol/bait, the idea of a bunch of different Eastern Europeans reclaiming a "homeland" from thousands of years ago is just sorta weird to me

It's less than two thousand years even now since the Jews were expelled from Israel by the Romans.

Essentially yes. It's understandable that poor and middle-class Jews would want a nation-state after being bullied by most of Christendom (how much of that was justified is immaterial), but fuck's sake, they were offered territory for a homeland by everyone from US Protestants, the Tsar, Britain, and even fucking Hitler - yet refused every time because WE WUZ CANAANITES N SHEIT.

ALL "nations" are LARP sessions

Woah....

Sad but true

*puffs blunt*
cough..cough
I, like, never thought of it that way man

You forgot about Stalin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

THIS, SPOOKY

Yes
It's identical to Europe reestablishing Roman Empire and taking Classical Latin as official language.

Didn't Stalin then purge them within 2 years? Seems a bit pointless an example really.

t. butthurt kikes

The creation of Israel is on par with Poles declaring we wuz Sarmatians, artificially reviving Sarmatian language and displacing people living in central Asia because of this.

They purged him actually.

It's not LARPing if they actually make a Jewish country, build Judaically-inspired institutions, actually revive and speak the language, and defend your border from your neighbours.

If you want to know what is LARPing, you can see the Palestinians and their "WE WUZ CANAANITES/HEBREWS/ARABS/ANCIENT GREEKS/PHILISTINES N SHEID!!"

you're an anti-semite

>make a Jewish country
>build Judaically-inspired institutions

Why they don't genocide the Non-Jews then ? Why they don't kill all fags ? Why isn't Polygamy allowed ? Why they follow the Roman Law instead of the Torahic Law ?

They're just a bunch of European LARPers that can't even follow the most basic laws of their book.

How truly fascinating of an anti-Semite to use an image from one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The ashkenazim get picked on a lot, but they actually do have middle-eastern ancestry.

Converts and certain Jewish groups (subbotniks, beta israel, bnei menashe) obviously aren't of ethnic Jewish ancestry, which confuses a lot of people.

I think Israel is partly a LARPing nation, but probably not entirely their fault. Before the advent of population genetics, I guess the diversity of adherents would lead anyone to think more spiritually about Jewishness.

They do. Its why they're allowed to annex and conquer territory from muslims. While the rest of the white nations get bombed and converted to islam.

ethnic jew means your grandmother was a jew

Sure

It's why Israel is 30% Arab and there are gay prides in Jerusalem

Arabs are more Hebrew (culturally) than you'll ever be

Start smearing me with shit and I will smite you, bitch.

this list sucks.

why are there two dostoevsky novels separated by several tiers?

Why is ayn rand so high?

why grapes of wrath instead of east of eden?

Mark Twain is good, Tolkien is at the very least no shit tier.

every time i see this list it makes me want to die

You got your ass kicked for centuries and you would have already been wiped out if it weren't for America, kike

Why does everyone think most Israelis are Ashkenazi? I visited expecting a bunch of white people and there were shitskins everywhere. Then i checked the demographics and it explained it to me.

tfw so smart that I understand life is a LARP and you kys

>The creation of Israel is on par with Poles declaring we wuz Sarmatians

How? Jews actually preserved Hebrew, and taught it in their schools. Have Poles preserved Sarmatian? Have Poles longed for a return for Samartia since antiquity?

Why do assume Ashkenazi Jews look particularly white? A lot I've known have been dark. How would you know if they were Sephardi or Ashkenazi?

The creation of the State of Israel was an act of decolonization, and the most successful act of indigenous resistance in the history of the world. As an Apache Indian, I hope in 2,000 years the same thing will happen for my people. The America didn't take any land from my people, just like the Arabs didn't take land from the Jews. The Spaniards took land from us, and the Romans took land from the Jews. I will always stand with Israel, the Palestinians are equivalent to European colonizers who try to usurp the heritage of the colonized. Building a Mosque on the holiest Jewish site was the Arab equivalent of Mount Rushmore.

Probably, the """"native"""" americans are probably runner up too.

>Ashkenazis
>white people

LOL, there are Ashkenazis who look like literal Arabs.

>yes goy, i'm a white male just like you!
>if you ignore my big lips, aquiline nose, dark skin, kinky hair and dark eyes, I look just like you!

How is native Canaanites getting a state LARPing? The real LARP is that 7th century immigrants are considered indigenous over the real natives of the land: Jews & Samaritans.

All nations are LARP sessions desu

>the idea of a bunch of different Eastern Europeans

Eastern European Jews have less Slavic DNA than Arabs and Turks. If anyone needs to go back to Russia, it's them. The only European DNA in """European Jews""" traces back to Southern Italy. Even then, that accounts for less than half of their DNA. Most Jews, even Ashkenazi/Sephardi are majority Levantine as far as genetics goes. No one has been tested genetically more than Jews, and this is consensus of all prominent geneticists whether they are Jewish or not. Ironically, the only geneticists who claim Jews aren't genetically Jewish are frauds like (((Eran Elhaik))).

rowling went a little too far with that scene imo

Quit pretending to disagree in a stupid way to make your opponents look dumb

It's a bait template used across multiple boards

Basically, you throw in a bunch of classics on the top without thinking, and then put one or two really bad things in to catch people's eye

Then you put some classics at the bottom

It looks JUST real enough to be genuine at a passing glance, pissing people off successfully

well said, user.

Ouch, You sure showed him.

The Byzantine Empire was a bunch of Greeks LARPing an Empire that was LARPing Greeks. You couldn't make that shit up

Yes it is. It's an interesting story too.

>Acknowledging Israel as a nation

>No one has been tested genetically more than Jews,
And don't forget it. Thanks for the advances in medical technology, senpai

If we are being honest, Israel is one of the most authentic nations in the world. They are seriously the most Jewish Jews that exist. I say this as an anti-semite. They think in the native tongue of the Jews, Hebrew. These Baal worshipping Canaanites are in their native land, speaking their native language trying to get rid of some 7th century immigrants. I commend that. Diasporic Jews will never be as Jewish as Israelis because they speak some Goy language, only Israelis can truly claim to be authentic Jews.

It's a religious state and a response to antisemitism not an ethnic state or a racist state
-Rabbi Avner Shoahwitz

1944 best year of my life

these threads always bring out the booty blasted jews on this board, it's amazing

How long until that mizrahi that claims to hate asheknazis shows up?

never change Veeky Forums

THERE IS NOTHING INAUTHENTIC ABOUT AN INDIGENOUS PEOPLES RISING UP AGAINST ARAB AND BRITISH COLONIZERS TO GAIN THEIR INDEPENDENCE . NOT TO MENTION CLEANSING THE LANDS OF ISHMAELITE STRANGERS , WHO HAVE USURPED OUR HERITAGE AND SUBJECTED US TO APARTHEID FOR 1,400 YEARS . LYNCHING JEWS FOR OPPOSING THEIR DISGUSTING ISHMAELITE LAW . NO NATION HAS BEEN WORSE TO ISRAEL IN HISTORY , EVEN RAMBAM SAID IT .

THAT IS A DISGUSTING LIE . ISRAEL IS NOT A RESPONSE TO ANTI–SEMITISM . THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ANTI–SEMITISM , THAT IS AN ASHKENAZIC LIE . TRUE HEBREW WARRIORS KNOW NO SUCH THING , WE LIVE IN ISRAEL TO DEFEND THE JEWISH PEOPLE . WHERE I LIVE , IF YOU MESS WITH A JEW YOU WILL DIE . THERE IS NO ANTI–SEMITISM , IF ANYTHING IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND .

NOBODY has history, culture or genetic connections

Right on time

>Eastern European Jews have less Slavic DNA than Arabs and Turks

Why are you lying ?

But the interesting thing is, that the Jews were successful in reviving the language, which is quite a feat. Nevermind the extreme assistance they got for geographical and political gains, this they accomplished mostly on their own accord.

>the heritage of the colonized.
>the property of the conquered

I'm afraid the Indian identity isn't as strongly perpetuated as the Jewish, also you had no exodus or notable diaspora to guard the dwindling candle that is your culture. I don't mean that to insult you, but in my estimation there isn't really a hermit element to Indian identity that can survive parallel to the culture of the majority society like the Jews had.