How far back would you have to go in history where the general and recognizable appearance of a human would be highly...

How far back would you have to go in history where the general and recognizable appearance of a human would be highly distinguishable from the modern appearance of humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZbmywzGAVs&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=KEqv2_jWYfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Humans as we know them today really came in existence around 200,000 years ago.

That really depends on how you're defining "distinguishable".
You probably know people have been getting incrementally taller since the Neolithic. But by definition humans belong to a certain clade which is virtually unchanged since its origin 30,000 years ago.

Couple of years.

*300,000, whoops

was thinking of behavioral modernity rather than anatomical

wow she is so hot omg

Yes she is.

Quite a ways. Even full-blown Neanderthals looked quite human according to reconstructions.

But if you took a human baby born now, transported it to the past, and inserted it among the local population, how far would you have to go back to where the modern human child would be unusual?

A modern human based on physiology alone would stand out strikingly among a tribe of Neanderthals, would they?

youtube.com/watch?v=mZbmywzGAVs&t=1s

I still think you'd have to go quite a ways, like homo rhodensis era.

Yeah, the modern human would be tall and lanky.

I'd fuck a neanderthal girl.

I mean she's kinda fugly but I can see her existing

This. Go back to the Roman Empire, and even if you're only King of Manlets tier (5'11''), you're still way taller than any Roman. Only Celts got that tall.

good vid

> Neanderthals were scary muscle bound cannibal rapist orcs hunting white wimmin at night

Very interesting, I hadn’t considered this but the guy makes a lot of sense; a species that exists almost solely by hunting in a shitty climate, probably isn’t going to be cuddly and nice.

Though I would say their “coloring” would have reflected the Neanderthal’s ice age European environment also, with Neanderthals having light skin and hair that we know developed in Europe.

I’ll also add that I read somewhere that there are few salmon bones in Neanderthal garbage pits, even though salmon were common throughout Europe back them and it was suggested that while Neanderthals would eat salmon if they happened to come across them when they were running, they couldn’t grasp the concept that those salmon would be running every year in that location at about the same time. Meaning that Neanderthals may have had a poor sense of time and not been able to plan ahead very well, simply going with the flow of nature around them.

> neanderthals were orcs

1 hour radio interview with the same author;

youtube.com/watch?v=KEqv2_jWYfM

what is the meaning of this user

that intro is epic af

lol those idiots couldn't even perceive thyme

I could have done without the spooky theme, lions and wolves are predators also, no need for the Hollywood elements.

Though I did like use of the clip from Quest For Fire, (which were supposed to be Homo erectus) which was pretty scary.

Quest For Fire was a wonderful movie.

She looks Irish.

more than 200 thousand years.

eating like them from birth, you wouldn't get much taller than them. just a little bit.

Or maybe they didnt like seafood

two minutes in and all he's doing is strawmanning
i doubt the only reason archaeologists humanize neanderthals is due to our desire for cute things

50,000 years.

Daily reminder that Vendramini is a showman who is fishing for attention rather than making serious scientific claims.

When he gets a Ph.D in anthroplogy, and has papers put out in legitimate journals (instead of one-issue bullshit that he made himself), then we can talk

We were all taught that brutal, colonial homo sapiens outhunted and outbred the noble neanderthal savage
>using their unfair intellects and oppressive teamwork.
The idea that we really did - but that it was NEANDERTHALS that might have been the privileged oppressors - pisses me right the fuck off.
No one is going to buy for a minute that their extinction was a good thing because they were dumb and brutish.
Because the less privileged you are => the more noble you are
Yet the more noble you are ==> the more privileged you are
The one, arbitrarily chosen exception to this tautology, is neanderthal. He gets to be both noble and underprivileged.
SpOiLer: Because of reverse racism. They're the first PoCs.
They're not brutish and small-minded, but "simple and pure of heart. They had funerals even!!"
Cro-magnon, on the other hand, was simply born into privilege.
Never mind that evolution itself, which we all claim to understand as forward-thinking and responsible intellectuals, is the most long-winded, brutal and unapologetic process, by which anyone gains anything. Cro-magnon represents the Man and the Man is unfair and anyone who has more than us, like the Man does, got it by taking shortcuts.
It's like going to the gym and talking shit about everyone who's bigger than you for having "easy-mode" genetics.
It's like EVERYTHING BAD.
FUCK ME I HATE this.