How would the US look if they never traded or brought slaves to the Americas?

Would the US be the superpower that it is today?

Would the textile industry of the British Empire go on to be as dominant as it was?

Would the proceeds from textiles allow for the industrial evolution?

What are your thoughts Veeky Forums

Provide academic or reputable resources for your claims.

Other urls found in this thread:

civilwartalk.com/threads/best-estimate-of-southern-gdp-gnp.10909/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aint doing you're god damned essay for you, cunt, that's what

you're
fucking
you're

god damn it, it's time for bed.

>Sources

You came to the wrong place

Well, put it this way- every state outside of "the South" had abolished slavery completely by 1803, less than 20 years after the country was established. These states are the ones that held upwards of 80% of the country's (free) population, with over twice the GDP per capita of the South once the slaves are not considered. It was also where the vast majority of the country's industry was located; Northern industry was not dependent on anything produced in the South, which was purely cash crops sold directly to the British and other Europeans in a simple manner.

civilwartalk.com/threads/best-estimate-of-southern-gdp-gnp.10909/

Slavery's role in the USA's economy has been drastically overestimated. It was important in the economy of the South, but without slaves the South is less than a quarter of the USA. Profits turned from cash crops in the South for the most part never left the South, and were more specifically limited to a handful of aristocrats. Without slavery, the South would be marginally poorer, those aristocrats wouldn't exist, but otherwise little would change economically. US industry was still set to dominate.

Better

Daily reminder that Africans built the entire western world, anything to the contrary is racial denialism and racist.

jews brought nigers to usa as dutch slave traders. niggers in africa sold captives to jews. white peopel need to kill jews and niggers and finish this bullshit that is ruining our lives

indeed

Shittier poverty stricken country without any excess value, valuable crop exports, or cool buildings.

Emuland would like to have a word.

All dat shit wuz paid for with value+cash generated through slave-labor. Britain only abolished slavery after it got richer than rich.

Without slavery, you don't get the cash crops+minerals+resources+money that built all the cool European capitals.

>Would the US be the superpower that it is today?
yes, the north east was ideally placed for industrialization and that would happen eventually
>Would the textile industry of the British Empire go on to be as dominant as it was?
raw materials would only be slightly more expensive as the burden is placed on other sources like wool and Egyptian and Indian cotton
>Would the proceeds from textiles allow for the industrial evolution?
the industrial revolution was well underway before cotton became a major import, steam engines, the flying shuttle, Isaac Newton and such predate the end of Britain's protectionism of the wool industry, arguably slightly more expensive raw materials would place a slight downwards pressure on the textile industry
>What are your thoughts Veeky Forums
I think this is race bait and I'm wasting my time, I will either be accused of being racist or a "cuck"
>Provide academic or reputable resources for your claims.
all my claims are based on general knowledge

Hang yourself, loser

Industrial era introduced something better than slaves.

Paid workers that you could treat like animals.

Yeah, i put my slaves working to mine gold, which i then sell in order to fund my lifestyle, and they have the nerve to think my lifestyle's becasue of them, am i made of GOLDDDD?????

To save the world, the eurangutan subhuman should get wiped out of the earth's surface. It's all for the greater good.

>slave family
>8 kids
Not sure if slave labour was the biggest issue for the US society...

We had boongs to drive our cattle around and we "paid" them by putting it into government trusts and then not letting them access it, was good banter
t. Queensland

At least read a book about economics from Australia.

true but the north was dependent on the resources that the south provided. the financial system wasbeven more dependent on slavery