Died for our sins? Except not really?

Why is his sacrifice considered heroic?. Is it really hard to suffer for ~48 hours when you know with 100% certainty that an eternity of bliss awaits you afterwards? What's the point of dying for our sins if he didn't really stay dead?

What would be a real sacrifice worthy of absolute respect and reverence?

If he really died (ceased to exist), forfeiting his eternal life with full awareness.

OR

An infinitely greater sacrifice would be to suffer eternally in hell to save us from that fate.

But what he did according to the Bible seems too easy, not a real sacrifice with any real consequences.

What do you think about it?

He fulfilled a prophecy, an extremely old and well-known one.

You try having nails peg you into a cross for two days and then get stabbed with a spear. Regardless, Christ forfeited his human nature with the sacrifice, he did after all "Live and die as one of us". And if Christ had not risen from the dead, the Paul says that would faith is forfeit and worthless. Try better rabbi.

The value of the sacrifice (God) > everything else

>You try having nails peg you into a cross for two days and then get stabbed with a spear

The thing is, literally thousands of common criminals experienced this same fate.

>You try peg you into a cross for two days and then get stabbed with a spear

I am not a GOD (or his son) who knows for certain that eternal life of bliss awaits him and any consequences of this "inconvenience" (including any emotional/mental trauma, which is important) would be completely healed/erased afterwards.

It hurt God's feelings ;_;

God humiliated Himself by suffering and dying as a human did to seal a final and eternal covenant: taking part in our mortal nature so that we may take part in immortality. But if you want a clear or easy answer, I'm afraid you won't get it: there's a reason it's called the mystery of faith.

How can you actually humiliate yourself before someone if you have absolute power over them and we ll have it forever? You just pretend to be powerless for some time, it seems almost like BDSM where it is know that powerful politicians or mafia bosses like to play bottom role to fell powerless for a change (without actually forfeiting their real power of course)

You'll never know the suffering of Jesus on the cross, because you think the physical pain was the worst pain he endured.

No, you'll never understand what Jesus did for you. Nor will you ever be grateful.

By withholding it; by keeping your mouth shut; by enduring what you need not endure.

Matthew 26
Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

Exactly! It's completely voluntary, and humiliation can't be voluntary. Exactly like in BDSM you have a safe-word and you know it will all end without any lasting consequences to you.

>Be son of God
>Can choose to have Romans slaughtered and yourself freed
>Don't
>Get nailed to a cross, bleed to death for 2 days

Also he went to hell (Limbo) before he rose again in the 3rd day.

He went to the Bosom of Abraham, Paradise (see Luke 16), and led those captives free. They are in heaven.

There are many who believe He taunted those evil people in the other half of Hades, Torment. That is likely true as well.

There is no Limbo. That is an invention by the catholics to extort money out of the recently bereaved. It doesn't exist, nor does their power to move souls in and out of heaven.

>humiliation can't be voluntary

This is an idiotic statement, from an idiot.

John 20
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

>no lasting consequences

Jesus went from being a pure spirit being living in unapproachable light to a human being who could suffer and die.

Sort yourself out, and quickly.

Except they were guilty and Christ was not.

>This is an idiotic statement, from an idiot.

That is my belief that you have to be truly powerless to be really humiliated. Pretend-powerless does not count.

>Jesus went from being a pure spirit being living in unapproachable light to a human being who could suffer and die.

Knowing with certainty that quite soon he will return to his "unapproachable light" state and nothing would prevent it. No real risk involved.

FPBP

>be truly powerless
And your error is in thinking that outside forces have to render you truly powerless.

sort

yourself

out

>No real risk involved.
Holy shit.

Dude, HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF IT.

Jesus went into Hell after he died, so actually, nobody after his death really had that much to risk.

No one is ever truly powerless. Even should rejection of humiliation lead to death, you still have a choice.

>That is an invention by the catholics to extort money out of the recently bereaved.
I see, so you're a heretic then.

What prophecy?

The Whore of Babylon considers me a heretic, yes. And in that sense of the word, I am proud to stand against them, and to watch their divine destruction.

Bible Prophecy: Isaiah 53:3 says, "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

Fulfillment: John 1:10-11 says, "He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him."

Bible Prophecy: Psalm 41:9 says, "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me."

Fulfillment: Mark 14:10 says, "Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Jesus to them."

Bible Prophecy: Zechariah 11:12 says, "I told them, 'If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.' So they paid me thirty pieces of silver."

Fulfillment: Matthew 26:14-16 says, "Then one of the Twelve - the one called Judas Iscariot - went to the chief priests and asked, 'What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?' So they counted out for him thirty silver coins."

Bible Prophecy: Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."

Fulfillment: Mark 15:5 says, "But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed."

Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:1-2 says, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent."

Fulfillment: Matthew 27:46 says, "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?' - which means, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"

Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:7-8 says, "All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads: 'He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.'"

Fulfillment: Matthew 27:41-44 says, "In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 'He saved others,' they said, 'but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, I am the Son of God.' In the same way the robbers who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him."

Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:15 says, "My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death."

Fulfillment: Matthew 27:48 says, "Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink."

Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:17-18 says, "I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing."

Fulfillment: John 19:23 says, "When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom."

No user, the Whore of Babylon is the Protestant Reformation. Have fun in hell

The Protestant Reformation is a city that sets on 7 hills that rules over the kings of the earth in 95 AD.

Your candidate for Whore of Babylon clearly does not fit the biblical criteria.

kek

Look at me pretending that you care what the bible says.

>muh anime religion
judaism and shiite islam (whose followers are weird atm) is teh only real relgigion the rest are LARPers

>Jews and Muslims practice the same religion.

No, Protestants are responsible for the United States and the British empire , both which are the mothers of the West's degeneracy in every sense.

Then again, you're a proddie, so it's not like you favor objective interpretations of the Bible and observing God's Word beyond the Bible

You obviously have zero understanding of, well, everything.

Protestants were Catholics 500 years ago. They're all dead. They didn't start any countries. They just got excommunicated from the Whore of Babylon, said Whore getting only more evil, and more vile, with their passing.

>favor objective interpretations of the Bible and observing God's Word beyond the Bible

Says the person who claimed that the Protestant Reformation is a city that sets upon 7 hills and rules over the kings of men in 95 AD when John wrote the Revelation.

You know, exactly like Rome did.

1. I wouldn't condemn anyone to eternal hell. Such an act would literally be infinitely cruel.

2. His suffering is considered heroic because he was completely innocent of any crime; and he went to be tortured to death anyway.

3. The whole point of the endevour, suffering resurrection and all was, one way or another, to have mankind listen to the better angels of our nature.

>Such an act would literally be infinitely cruel.

It's holy, just and righteous.

>mankind listen to the better angels of our nature.

Mankind is endlessly wicked. Just look at this "follower of Jesus"

>3. The whole point of the endevour, suffering resurrection and all was

to satisfy God's holiness, justice and righteousness, and thus clear the way for God in his grace and mercy to offer mankind the free gift of salvation to all who believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of the living God.

>1. I wouldn't condemn anyone to eternal hell. Such an act would literally be infinitely cruel.

OP here. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Unfortunately, the mainstream Christian view is that this infinite cruelty represents true divine justice and to have any doubts is a heresy.

>have mankind listen to the better angels of our nature.

Let me play devil advocate here. As I understand you don't believe in eternal hell? Why should we "listen to the better angels of our nature" if that means having to live an ascetic life and restricting ourselves? Why can't we have some sinful fun if we end up in heaven anyway?

Unfortunately, you can't really just remove eternal hell from Christian doctrine without making it too soft. That's why I feel the eastern systems with karma and reincarnation to be much more just.

You are pure, undiluted, fanatical evil.

Why is god an autist who only saves people by killing himself?

He's just our resident LARPer.

It's the ultimate sacrifice considering that we had already tarnished and continue to tarnish God's creation with our wickedness. His sacrifice on the cross and the new covenant that ensures that we all have a chance at eternity with Him is beyond generous.

>all the accused executed by rome were 100% guilty