How is Judaism still a thing?

Shouldn't it have disappeared after the destruction of the Temple?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanhedrin#During_Jewish-Roman_Wars
textusreceptusbibles.com/Strongs/1022002/H4994
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why should it have? The people who seem to be mostly fixated on Temple worship are Christians, not Jews even of the contemporary times. The Priests (as opposed to the Rabbis) were not the keepers of Judaic culture or knowledge. Most Jews lived relatively far away from Jerusalem and its temple, and never seemed to be feeling the loss of not being able to easily go there and offer sacrifices on the regular. The Temple did nothing else.

> implying the spirit of Hashem is contained within stone walls

It's 2017, Judaism shouldn't be around anymore.

All religion should be put into a children's book.

It died way before the second temple was built, but it will become a thing again in the future.

The New Covenant did not take the place of the Old Covenant; it just interrupted it. And the Old was smashed 400 years before the New was instituted.

I have a hard time taking any "Jew" at face value, especially here. No covenant, no temple, no high priest, no priest, no animal sacrifices, no connection with the living God, nothing. Just rote Pharisaical Judaism that they made up in Babylon 2600 years ago.

>The Temple did nothing else.
The seat of all Executive, Legislative, and Judicial power, "nothing".

It was none of those things, you retard. The Sanhedrin survived the destruction of the Temple, and the Jewish monarchy, holding the executive and legislative, wasn't operating out of it.

>We existed after we were destroyed.

That's not how life works, sweetie.

Modern Judaism probably started a few hundred years after Christianity, but retained the name of their predecessor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanhedrin#During_Jewish-Roman_Wars

>After the destruction of the Second Temple in 70, the Sanhedrin was re-established in Yavneh with reduced authority. The seat of the Patriarchate moved to Usha under the presidency of Gamaliel II in 80 CE. In 116 it moved back to Yavneh, and then again back to Usha.

They left the Law of Moses and followed their own made up laws about 2,600 years ago, in Babylon. Their sacrifices became a stench to high heaven.

400 BC
Malachi
“A son honors his father,
And a servant his master.
If then I am the Father,
Where is My honor?
And if I am a Master,
Where is My reverence?
Says the Lord of hosts
To you priests who despise My name.
Yet you say, ‘In what way have we despised Your name?’
“You offer defiled food on My altar,
But say,
‘In what way have we defiled You?’
By saying,
‘The table of the Lord is contemptible.’
And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice,
Is it not evil?
And when you offer the lame and sick,
Is it not evil?
Offer it then to your governor!
Would he be pleased with you?
Would he accept you favorably?”
Says the Lord of hosts.

Modern "Jews" don't believe Moses and the prophets; hell, most of them are atheists.

>with reduced authority

kek

Reduced to zero.

While you're looking up in your bible, wiki, look up "diaspora".

It didn't cease to exist the first time why should it the 2nd time?
After 3rd Destruktion of the jewish temple there won't be any jewdaism but there wouldn't be anytime else left as well.

Btw the Jews (John Hyrcan) destroyed the real Temple on Mt Garizim!

>Reduced to zero.
Considering they still held trials (even capital trials, which incidentally puts another lie in the gospels), I would hardly say that authority is zero.

You mean the one AFTER the Bar Kokhba revolt? You don't know what these terms mean, do you? Let me guess. You're an evangelical Christian, convinced that because your pastor read the Bible to you, you're an expert about Judaism, despite knowing jack shit about it.

Zechariah 11

So I fed the flock for slaughter, in particular the poor of the flock. I took for myself two staffs: the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bonds; and I fed the flock.

I dismissed the three shepherds in one month. My soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me. Then I said, “I will not feed you. Let what is dying die, and what is perishing perish. Let those that are left eat each other’s flesh.”

And I took my staff, Beauty, and cut it in two, that I might break the covenant which I had made with all the peoples. So it was broken on that day. Thus the poor of the flock, who were watching me, knew that it was the word of the Lord.

Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

>There's that number again. Another messianic prophecy you don't believe because you are a Jew, and not a child of God.

And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord for the potter.

>See, e.g., Judas Iscariot

Then I cut in two my other staff, Bonds, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

Broken

Gone

>I'm a Jew expert even though I don't believe Moses and the prophets.

That's not how it works, pumpkin.

>They held capital trials outside of Jerusalem after the destruction of Israel and somehow that means something about Jesus in 32 AD.

kek

So desperate

Let me show you your future, Jew.

Revelation 3:9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

That's you.

Hey, how 'come when you got BTFO on the "take" issue, you just disappeared?

Ego so huge you couldn't admit you were wr...wr....wr....wr....wrong?

Annas, the father-in-law of Caiaphas, had been appointed high priest by the Roman legate Quirinus in the year 6 A.D. Seven years later he was discharged from his high office by the Roman procurator Valerius Gratus for imposing and executing capital sentences which had been forbidden by the imperial government.

>Oh noes! Inconvenient facts!

It's okay, I keep the spirit of Hashem alive in the walls of dis blunt

Completely irrelevant as to where the Sanhedrin was sitting and what powers it wielded. Also, Zechariah? 11:10? My covenant WITH ALL THE PEOPLES? (plural) Not talking about the Jews.

Nice ad hom.

I said nothing about Jesus, and Israel was not destroyed and depeopled until after the Bar Kokhba revolt. I merely pointed out the claim that is mentioned in the Gospels, namely that the Sanhedrin did not have capital powers, is false.

>Step away for 15 minutes
>Makes 4 irrelevant replies
>BEE TEE EFF OH!
>It couldn't possibly be that he stepped out for a second, he must be completely confounded by my nonsense.
>He's gone and running.
Amusingly, you do confirm my first post. It's evangelical Christians who are obsessed with the Temple, not actual Jews.

>Annas, the father-in-law of Caiaphas, had been appointed high priest by the Roman legate Quirinus in the year 6 A.D
Which has what to do with the Sanhedrin again? Oh, that's right, jack shit.

Love when you show your ignorance over the bible that you claim to understand. What covenant has God with any peoples but the Hebrews?

You don't believe Moses and the prophets, no matter what I call you. That's a shame, because they spoke of Jesus, the Messiah.

Israel was destroyed in the 2nd century AD, and you have done NOTHING according to Jewish law. Your parents might have, but you haven't.

You had no choice. Dead bang wrong on "Please take", as the word "take" meant "sieze" and was used in 909 verses.

kek

The reason Jews are not obsessed with the Temple is that they are not Jews. Pretty simple. The Jews who are obsessed with the Temple, they're Jews.

Yes, removed from his position by Rome for imposing capital punishment, which you said was just fine under Roman occupation.

kek

So lost, Jew. So blind. But hey, thanks for the Messiah! I'm enjoying Him immensely!

>Love when you show your ignorance over the bible that you claim to understand. What covenant has God with any peoples but the Hebrews?
Well, you've got the one with Noah and all of his descendents, for starters.(Genesis 6:18)

>Israel was destroyed in the 2nd century AD, and you have done NOTHING according to Jewish law. Your parents might have, but you haven't.
Yes, I have. You're just extremely ignorant as to how Jewish law functions, so babble your ignorance and pretend it's knowledge.

>You had no choice. Dead bang wrong on "Please take", as the word "take" meant "sieze" and was used in 909 verses.
And the word "please" means "please" in every verse. That's why they're two words, קַח and נָא You can see them separated!

>Yes, removed from his position by Rome for imposing capital punishment, which you said was just fine under Roman occupation.
He was removed from a position that is completely separate from the Jewish Courts for infringing on their function. Do you think that a random senator can order a court to do things?

So God broke the Noahic covenant, and flooded the world again. Brilliant analysis, Jew.

That you don't know you cannot, and never have, followed the Law means that your education in the Law is zero to non-existent.

The word please had nothing to do with H3947: to take, get, fetch, lay hold of, seize, receive, acquire, buy, bring, marry, take a wife, snatch, take away.

You said capital punishment was allowed the Jews under Roman occupancy, proving the bible was wrong. And yet, here is a Jew being removed by Rome for inflicting capital punishment.

Wrong again, Jew.

Serious question: do you tire of being wrong all the time?

And he said, Take now H3947 thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took H3947 two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

Other uses, in Genesis:

Gen 21:14
And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took H3947 bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.

Gen 21:21
And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran: and his mother took H3947 him a wife out of the land of Egypt.

Gen 21:27
And Abraham took H3947 sheep and oxen, and gave them unto Abimelech; and both of them made a covenant.

Gen 21:30
And he said, For these seven ewe lambs shalt thou take H3947 of my hand, that they may be a witness unto me, that I have digged this well.

>So God broke the Noahic covenant, and flooded the world again. Brilliant analysis, Jew.

>Claim that God only makes Covenants with the Jews
>Be proven wrong
>Bitch about it.

Let's not forget that Zachariah is well, prohphecy, and something that has not happened yet. And again, talks with a covenant with ALL the peoples, not just the Jews.

>That you don't know you cannot, and never have, followed the Law means that your education in the Law is zero to non-existent.
I have indeed. "It's impossible to follow the law" is once again something that the Christians just made up.

>The word please had nothing to do with H3947: to take, get, fetch, lay hold of, seize, receive, acquire, buy, bring, marry, take a wife, snatch, take away.
It does, however, have a lot to do with H4994, where your idiotic Christian bibles again have to make up completely nonsensical meanings at variance with other uses in the text, and can be openly seen here.

textusreceptusbibles.com/Strongs/1022002/H4994

>Bible Usage: I beseech (pray) thee ({you}) go {to} {now} oh.
>Definition:

1. I (we) pray, now, please

a. used in entreaty or exhortation

>King James Bible "Now".

>You said capital punishment was allowed the Jews under Roman occupancy, proving the bible was wrong.
No, I said that the SANHEDRIN could perform capital punishment. And that someone who was not on the Sanhedrin got removed for inflicting capital punishment. Do you understand the distinction?

Can't say. You certainly haven't proven me wrong.

Once again demonstrating your complete inability to read. H4994, dimwit.

You claimed that there was some other covenant that was being broken in Zechariah, not me. Own up to your own stupidity.

Jesus was sold for 30 pieces of silver, just as Zechariah said, in the verses I showed you.

It's not impossible to follow the Law; you just have to be God to follow the Law. Are you God, Jew?

I cited your verse, where God told Abraham to take his wife, with the Strong's number on it and everything, and other examples.

Your typical bullshit about how Jew language is fungible to mean whatever you say it means is laughable, as usual.

>Different words mean different things.

Yeah, no shit.

And yet, the bible said they could not, under Roman occupancy, and the Romans removed one who did for that very reason.

How do you explain that again, Jew?

I've never seen you be right about anything. Really. Not once. It's a remarkable track record of being wrong about literally everything you post about the bible, God, and Judaism. 100% wrong.

A man would do well to just do the opposite of everything you say.

H4994 is not in Genesis 22, genius. You know, the topic at hand? Take your son Isaac?

Remember?

The Romans failed in their attempted genocide.

9 occurrences of H4994 נא
Genesis 12:11
Genesis 12:13
Genesis 18:4
Genesis 18:30
Exodus 33:18
Numbers 12:12
Judges 7:3
Judges 9:38
Judges 13:8

Do you see Genesis 22 in that list?

I don't. Your track record is intact at 100% Jew (wrong).

Maybe, but they're still sitting on all that delicious Jew gold from the Temple.

>You claimed that there was some other covenant that was being broken in Zechariah, not me. Own up to your own stupidity.

>Also, Zechariah? 11:10? My covenant WITH ALL THE PEOPLES? (plural) Not talking about the Jews.
>What covenant has God with any peoples but the Hebrews?
>Well, you've got the one with Noah and all of his descendents, for starters.(Genesis 6:18)
Note how I did not claim that it was the Noachide covenant. I claimed that as proof that God makes covenants to non-Jewish peoples. You, instead of acknowledging this, decided to move the goalposts massively.

>Jesus was sold for 30 pieces of silver, just as Zechariah said, in the verses I showed you.
Ooh, you've got another problem there.שְׂכָרִי is hire, not sale.

>It's not impossible to follow the Law; you just have to be God to follow the Law. Are you God, Jew?
No, it's quite possible for humans to follow the Law. Paul literlaly made up the whole "you can't".

>I cited your verse, where God told Abraham to take his wife, with the Strong's number on it and everything, and other examples.
For the wrong fucking word. I literally stated that I was talking about נָא and not קַח, but you decided to go talk about קַח for some reason.

>And yet, the bible said they could not, under Roman occupancy, and the Romans removed one who did for that very reason.
Once again, you got it wrong. The priesthood is not the same body as the Sanhedrin. You are of course ignoring this distinction, because it would prove you wrong.

>How do you explain that again, Jew?
Try reading it. It's the very last line. You don't need any of the rest.

Anyway, I'd love to stay and refute more of your idiocy, but sundown is getting earlier and earlier, and as you probably (oh who am I kidding, you sure as fuck don't) know, I can't use electronics on the sabbath. It won't be for another 2 hours or so, but I need to get some things ready. Toodles.

You're operating from the flawed assumption that Judaism is a continuation of the religion of the second temple and not an entirely new faith that arose out of rejection of Christ.

>H4994 is not in Genesis 22, genius. You know, the topic at hand? Take your son Isaac?

I just had to correct this one as I saw it on the refresh after I posted mine. You are, as always, completely, objectively, and easily proven as wrong.

Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord for the potter. Then I cut in two my other staff, Bonds, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

It's like you can't read. Or you just love being wrong.

Judas' wages for betraying the Messiah was 30 pieces of silver, that were thrown back into the temple, and purchased a potter's field.

Bonds, broken.

Beauty, broken.

Your 100% wrong streak: Intact.

It's HILARIOUS that you think you're keeping the sabbath while you're a godless person blaspheming Yehoshua, the Creator.

HILARIOUS.

And he said take now thy son....

Still missing the "please", Jew.

9 occurrences of H4994 נא
Genesis 12:11
Genesis 12:13
Genesis 18:4
Genesis 18:30
Exodus 33:18
Numbers 12:12
Judges 7:3
Judges 9:38
Judges 13:8

Nope, still don't see Genesis 22 in there.

>hashem
>G-d
>Yahweh
>YHWH
>Jehovah
Wtf is their problem?

>Shouldn't it have disappeared after the destruction of the Temple?
which temple, because that happened twice

and both times the religion was radically reformed in order to prevent it from dying out

rabbinic judaism was alive and well long before that, that's why Emperor Julian got a surprisingly tepid response from the Roman Jewish population when he announced his plans to rebuild the Temple of Jerusalem. Judaism had moved beyond having a temple and people weren't sure that going back was the best idea.

Interesting aside though, despite that Julian decided to go ahead with the plan and when he died the rubble on the temple mount was in the process of being cleared, and tools were being made out of silver at great expense, since the bible expressly forbids using bronze or iron tools to build the temple.

And he said
h559
אָמַר 'amar
Take now
h3947
לָקַח laqach
thy son
h1121
בֵּן ben
thine only
h3173
יָחִיד yachiyd
son Isaac
h3327
יִצְחָק Yitschaq

Not even in the Masoretic:
22:2 וַיֹּאמֶר קַח־נָא אֶת־בִּנְךָ אֶת־יְחִֽידְךָ אֲשֶׁר־אָהַבְתָּ אֶת־יִצְחָק וְלֶךְ־לְךָ אֶל־אֶרֶץ הַמֹּרִיָּה וְהַעֲלֵהוּ שָׁם לְעֹלָה עַל אַחַד הֶֽהָרִים אֲשֶׁר אֹמַר אֵלֶֽיךָ׃

100% wrong, as usual.

They're godless people who think they are godly on their own.

>Israel was not destroyed and depeopled until after the Bar Kokhba revolt
During and immediately after the first Roman-Jewish war over a million jews were either killed, dispossessed and enslaved, or fled the empire and went east.

That was just a sack, the real attempted genocide was after the second jewish-roman war, and it did accomplish its goal of ending Jewish nationalism as a threat to Roman occupation of the region.

I think you're overestimating the influence of Christianity, the rise of rabbinic judaism was an entirely new faith that arose out of the destruction of the second temple, and the failure of the self proclaimed messiah Bar Kokhba.

Why are kikes such neurotic and egocentric assholes, and why can't they understand why people hate them? Go form mafia organizations and complain about
>Da goiz
Somewhere else plz. Every single thread there has to be that one butthurt heeb

Cockroaches can survive a nuclear explosion and even getting their head cut off so they can easily survive a temple being destroyed

Veeky Forums is not /pol/ with dates, global rule 3 is enforced here

Yeah, but it still didn't completely decimate them. All it did was displace them from Jerusalem and that area. They just switched to the Galilee and chilled there until 135 AD which really sent them into diaspora.

>Yeah, but it still didn't completely decimate them
it did far more than decimate them, that was more than half the population

>Jews complaining about displacing other people
Hearty jej

decimate is a loss of 1/10, a loss of 1/2 is far worse than a decimation

that post wasn't even remotely close to "jews complaining about displacing other people"