Was there ever an organization like the League of Nations, before the League of Nations?

Was there ever an organization like the League of Nations, before the League of Nations?

Um, the literal United Nations?

I SAID BEFORE

hypo-korean-finnish nonaggressive mutual globalist trade federation pact of 87000 BCE

It was before though dumbass

League of shadows

Taiga is so cute

Not on a permanent basis, but you'd get temporary bodies like the congress of Vienna and whatnot. Some have argued that the Catholic church acted as a de-facto UN/League among Catholic kingdoms, but I'd want to see more work on that.

>European education

You could argue things like the Berlin Conference was very similar in their goals of resolving disputes through international arbitration without a war

The HRE and Vatican are closest. Don't know about non-european examples, but there are probably some.

>Implying it was a federation
>Implying it wasn't just something to give the Wewuz, Kaings, and Ansheid Dynasties some symbolic power

>Some have argued that the Catholic church acted as a de-facto UN/League among Catholic kingdoms
interdasting

the Hapsburg dynasty

The Catholic Church

That's a big league.

The Hellenic League.

excellent point

for you

Concert of Europe
Ancient Greek Leagues
Latin League

thanks user

That diplomacy thing the kingdoms and empires of the mid to late bronze age had going on. There were still wars, but they were smaller in scale and served for more ceremonial purpose than anything else. Most players figured they could get more prosperity by trading than trying to invade each other

Hanseatic? I know they were mostly trade-based.