What was the biggest war started over the littlest thing? I mean, really pointless war...

What was the biggest war started over the littlest thing? I mean, really pointless war, where thousands died over something pathetic

My guess goes for picrelated, thought that was really just symbolic

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bucket
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of them

Timur sent beyazid poo once.

honestly for the amount of people who died, WWI definetly takes the cake. the war basically started cause kaiser wilhelm gave a blank check rob austria with zero though put into it and next thing you know he had a world war on his hands

Khwarezm just had to kill the diplomat for no reason.

Checked. Yeah that was a retarded move, poor middle east

>What was the biggest war started over the littlest thing? I mean, really pointless war, where thousands died over something pathetic

World War 2 was started all because Poland thought it could get away with attacking a German radio outpost while being under the umbrella of protection of defencive alliances with Britain and France.

I mean they really should have picked a bigger or more valuable target.

>Gleiwitz wasn't a false flag
can you give me proofs or is this another delusional stormfag theory?

>The Football War (Spanish: La guerra del fĂștbol), also known as the Soccer War or 100 Hour War, was a brief war fought between El Salvador and Honduras in 1969. Existing tensions between the two countries coincided with rioting during a 1970 FIFA World Cup qualifier. The war began on 14 July 1969, when the Salvadoran military launched an attack against Honduras. The Organization of American States (OAS) negotiated a cease-fire on the night of 18 July (hence "100 Hour War"), which took full effect on 20 July. Salvadoran troops were withdrawn in early August.

>Both sides of the Football War suffered extensive casualties. Some 300,000 Salvadorans were displaced, many had been forcibly exiled or had fled from war-torn Honduras, only to enter an El Salvador in which the government was not welcoming. Most of these refugees were forced to provide for themselves with very little assistance. Over the next few years, more Salvadorans returned to their native land, where they encountered overpopulation and extreme poverty.[9]
El Salvador suffered about 900 mostly civilian dead. Honduras lost 250 combat troops, and over 2,000 civilians during the four-day war. Most of the war was fought on Honduran soil and thousands more were made homeless. Trade between Honduras and El Salvador had been greatly disrupted, and the border officially closed. This damaged the economies of these nations tremendously and threatened the Central American Common Market (CACM).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War

note i know there were deeper causes than the football classification but that was pretty much the detonant of the conflict, which is still ridiculous imho

Emu war
Aussies never recovered from that one
Now it seems like a Kangaroo war is next (I heard their population is out of control)

WW1 started because of a lot of pre-existing tensions. The Kaiser wanted Germany to be a colonial power like Britain. Britain didn't like that Germany was expanding its navy at such a feverish pace that it might eventually exceed the Royal Navy in raw tonnage. The General Staff felt like Russia was becoming an existential threat to Germany, and they leaped at the chance to declare a preventative war that could destroy Russia while it was still somewhat weak. France wanted to recover Alsace-Lorraine.

This guy knows what's up. WW1 was caused by the same old reason that has been responsible for wars throughout history: Imperialism and rivalries between nations. So it's about as stupid as any other war really. The only reason WW1 turned from being a small regional war in the Balkans to a true world war was the system of alliances that had divided Europe into 2 teams.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bucket

I thought it was because some chap got shot in the face
winner

Yeah, WW1 was pretty much inevitable. If Franz wasn't assassinated, something else would've set it off.

Yeah but unlike Emus, Roos are fucking retarded, like legitimately dumb as fuck. They're so easy to kill.

Are you fucking serious? Just give back the bucket.

AND ADMIT WE'RE IN THE WRONG?

>You will never die for the glory of a simple bucket
thank god

yes?

The burden of proof is usually on the one advocating the conspiracy theory.