Fail exams

>Fail exams
>Go into a fit
>Proclaim yourself the Asian reincarnation of Jesus
>20-30 million people die
Why is China so autistic?

>20-30 million
Pretty good by Chinese standards, and at least nobody got eaten.

underrated

Him and Jim Jones were both losers, how they cause so much damage with their out there beliefs?

Chinese amplification effect. If a war would kill 10,000 people in Europe, it'd kill 10,000,000 in China.

>guy proclaims himself jesus
>hey wait, im the brother of jesus lmao
>jesus should totally be emperor
>oh woops nope I want to be emperor
>20 million more people die
actually the upper estimate of the death toll is higher than the upper estimates of ww2. 20 million is a conservative estimate, especially if you count the Dungan revolt, which was happening at the same time.
>Be me, selling bamboo poles
>this piece of shit Han dude doesn't like my prices
>chimps out and starts a war
>genocides 10-17 million Hui and Xiongnu muslims

Fpbp

Why exactly were so many Chinese willing to die for Jesus' brother?

I realize the Jesuits were a decently big part of the Emperor's court, relatively, but China never became Christian

The xiongnu had it coming. Hungarian bastards

No difference

>Why exactly were so many Chinese willing to die for Jesus' brother?
They weren't. It's basically "that guy started a revolt against a declining dynasty. Let us add our firepower to his." And the Taiping snowballed into this massive rebellion of loosely allied peasant-armies, in the center of which was the main rebellion of the Taipings, under the rule of a Heavenly King. The others armies' leaders were made into Sub-Kings, but pretty much operated independently, and motivated differently (i.e. down with the Qing).

Most of the Taipings didn't buy into the christianity bullshit and was just there as a chance to fuck up the Qing dynasty, which they saw as corrupt, declining, and in the thrall of foreign barbarians and incapable of helping the peasant.

Some of the Tapings Rebel armies managed to survive the rebellion were actually China's first nationalists. Like Liu Yongfu and his Black Flag Army (pic related), who after the war, became a Chinese nationalist who fought the French in Vietnam on behalf of the Qing/Nguyen Dynasties, and tried to retain Formosa for the Qing Empire vs. Japs.

I don't see a meme thread so here you go I guess.

they truly did, they actually dragged the Hui into their jihad

Because the taiping were all about fucking the foreign invader and a return to han courts, traditions and values, a pretty big deal when a foreign dynasty has been ruling you for two hundred years and you couldn't even use your traditional haistyle. Also, for all the brother of Jesus shit, Hong was pretty good creating ideologies, he mixed old chinese religions from Han and earlier China with christianity, essentialy creating a religion both chinese and christian.

Reading up more about the Taiping and the rebellion in general makes it pretty clear that they were the good guys, quirks notwithstanding.

/thread

They became as decadent and repugnant as the qIng once it became a stalemate. That said had they won it might have been better for china

We only wish that our autistic spergouts have those powerful effects. When I fail an exam I just cry.

>Result: Decisive Yan victory, 20,000-30,000 eaten

Hong Xiuquan did nothing wrong.

Good shit right there

beautiful stuff

It was more like, these guys offer stable rule that's both modernist and traditional, unlike the Qing who had made concession after concession to the Europeans and were believed to have little interest in the popular welfare of Chinese.

The Jesus' brother thing wasn't very important. Few Taiping supporters were Christian.

Ok, so most people didn't buy the jesus shit, but the jesus shit still interests me!

What exactly was Hong's christianity like? What was his ideology? Were there still people who believed in this shitty chinese mormonism after the war? What happened to them?

Can't you Google that?

Looks pretty radical to me.

>Within the land that it controlled, the Taiping Heavenly Army established a totalitarian, theocratic, and highly militarized rule.[10]

The subject of study for the examinations for officials changed from the Confucian classics to the Bible.
Private property ownership was abolished and all land was held and distributed by the state.[11]
A solar calendar replaced the lunar calendar.
Foot binding was banned. (The Hakka people had never followed this tradition, and consequently the Hakka women had always been able to work the fields.[12])
Society was declared classless and the sexes were declared equal. At one point, for the first time in Chinese history civil service exams were held for women. Some sources record that Fu Shanxiang, an educated woman from Nanjing, passed them and became an official at the court of the Eastern King.
The sexes were rigorously separated.[13] There were separate army units consisting of women only; until 1855, not even married couples were allowed to live together or have sexual relations.[14]
The Qing-dictated queue hairstyle was abandoned in favor of wearing the hair long.
Other new laws were promulgated including the prohibition of opium, gambling, tobacco, alcohol, polygamy (including concubinage), slavery, and prostitution. These all carried death penalties.

When's the next China bloodbath due?
Is it possible in this day and age?

No, the Jesuit Had Nothing To Do With This Guys Conversion To Christianity. He was converted by a Protestant preacher. I forget which denomination. But they distance themselves from this guy when they realized he was espousing a vision of Christianity very different from what they had taught.

they'll probably orchestrate one on their own to fix their fucked up gender demographics