What do you prefer: Eastern or western philosophy?

What do you prefer: Eastern or western philosophy?

Everything Eastern is less rigid and therefore more likely to be timeless.

Same for Dharmic religions

Mostly western, but some eastern.
There's really not much difference when you go for back enough.
What we call "Western" is simply a tradition of similar axioms.

The reason I like Julius Evola and Rene Descartes, is because they challenge those axioms. If I were to choose an eastern philosopher, it'd be Confucius .

I like em both.

Eastern philosophies have a tendencies to be more universal and more holistic than western approach, so they stay true no matter the time.

Western philosophies tend to be more specific and usually only stay relevant for the era it was written for.

But you can find specific and holistic approach in both sides. As I believe there to be crosspolination between the two hemisphere, I view them both with care.

>eastern """philosophy"""
Being obscure and hard to understand doesn't mean it's philosophy.

t. brainlet who hasn't read philosophy of either school

Stop posting.

Western philosophy gave us science and the space age. Eastern philosophy gave us ...?

How did Descartes challenge any axioms?

Eastern philosophy is not philosophy

It's wisdom. Therefore Eastern is superior

Western philosophy gave us SJWs, degeneracy, refugees, multiculturalism, feminism, etc

Eastern philosophy kept Asia asian

Space age comes from rocket science. Rocket science comes from rockets, which comes from India. Rockets come from gunpowder, also China.

Science gave us ability to distinguish one from other. This gave us racism and ethnicities. It also gave us weapons of mass destructions.

>racism is bad

Eastern philosophy seems exotic. Western minds flirting with eastern thought is just a form of intellectual tourism which typically involves re-framing eastern concepts to make them accessible.

Its the cause of conflict in today's age. Its also the cause of conflict in WWII.

As well as the exploitation of humans on mass scale with slavery.

Racism is good because it is natural?

Racism is neither good or bad, it merely is.

Maybe if you use some crazy trivial and retarded definition of racism like "groups don't like other groups". Germany losing WWI was the biggest reason for WWII (there are others, though). How is that related to your "racism"?

Africa has more slaves and slave-like workers than ever before. I sure hope you're not implying niggers are racist, you fucking nazi*.

*expression is ironic, personally I wouldn't think you're a nazi, but I'm guessing everyone you know would.

It is sad that you automatically assume the word racism means an attack on your race. Your whole response is a perfect example of why racism is a problem in this world. You are suffering from the effects of racism.

Bigotry is bad by nearly any definition of badness. If nothing else, you close off your own opportunities by indulging in it.

I feel this conversation is pointless since you don't use the word "racism" in the context it's usually used, and you're not willing or able to explain what you mean.

>racism is bad cause slavery
>b-but niggers and they had slaves too, why are you attacking only me? only white people?
>racism is bad because your response stems from racism
>b-but you dont explain why

Look man, I know you're suffering from racism. Your whole response is dictated by racism. You live in a world where the the word racism means an attack on your race.

You don't see this as a problem?

A healthy approach is to say, "racism is bad, the africans, the whites, the jews, all sufffered from slavery as a result of racism. we should all strife for world without such" etc etc. Or even "racism doesn't exist, you're dum" would have been a healthier response.

Insurance companies benefit by discriminating against male drivers statistically more likely to crash and the same logic applies to race. Even if high crime is because black people are poor and marginalized the fact remains black people are more likely to be poor and marginalized.

It is often within someone's rational self-interest to be racist. Rather than saying racism is bad you should say not being racist is good.

Are you drunk? I didn't say or imply any of that green stuff, except the last line, because you really aren't explaining what is racism in your opinion.

I'm not suffering from racism. At least in the definition: disliking other races = racism. Barely any race dislikes me. If anything, everybody wants to live with me.

Sure, lefties or liberals or tolerants or whatevers scream racist at everything, but I'm not terribly suffering from it. They don't have that much power, and they're dishonest and physically and mentally fat and lazy. None of them even want to live or associate with niggers.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with slavery either, it's all in the application. Some jobs and workers are just of so low importance and quality that you can't feasibly pay them money due to the costs they incur from housing, feeding, managing, etc. . The negative qualities of slavery arise when you murder-rape-torture your slaves for shits and giggles. Don't kill slaves without a good reason, work to develop their abilities so you might be able to pay them in future, and it's just fine.

If you apply the same reasoning to all other forms that are reflective of "bad", ie. stealing, killing, rape, maiming, etc There cannot be anything bad. Since moral is relative, why be moral?

Theft is bad because someone worked overtime to afford that phone whereas not taking a risk hiring someone is a business decision.

>Why be moral?
That's a whole nother topic. However someone ended up good, if they're also smart they are not going to believe "diversity is strength" etcetera, so if you want that good smart demographic on your side it boils down to literally asking them to take a chance with someone.

Of course ego gets in the way, it is like coming cap in hand to beg the white man to treat you as an equal. A better argument might be that, yes, there are those slight statistical differences, but if you want a better society you have to let some things slide.

>eastern philosophy
>hard to understand
nice b8 m8

>Confucius
cuck

>Science gave us ability to distinguish one from other
wtf

and?

weed

>Western philosophy gave us SJWs, degeneracy, refugees, multiculturalism, feminism, etc

You mean (((Western))) philosphy

>le jews! :)
Nice meme.

Rockets come from China

Modern rockets come from Myrose rockets.

Chinese had the arrow with fireworks.

Meme? You havent looked into it.

Next time you see a key person or organisation promoting or supporting feminism, SJW issues, refugees, multiculturalism, take a look for yourself.

Jews are and have been extremely "progressive" and influential, that is not a conspiracy or controversial.