3,200-Year-Old Stone Inscription Tells of Trojan Prince, Sea People

3,200-Year-Old Stone Inscription Tells of Trojan Prince, Sea People

>A 3,200-year-old stone slab with an inscription that tells of a Trojan prince and may refer to the mysterious Sea People has been deciphered, archaeologists announced today (Oct. 7).

>The stone inscription, which was 95 feet (29 meters) long, describes the rise of a powerful kingdom called Mira, which launched a military campaign led by a prince named Muksus from Troy.

livescience.com/60629-ancient-inscription-trojan-prince-sea-people.html

i want to pound that german pussy

Seems fake to me

Eh, the use of "Wilusa" alone means its probably a forgery. Why would the Luwians use the same exact form of the same exact name for the city that the Hittites used?

Hittites wrote in Luwian too, that's not the point, Hittite and Luwian are sister languages so it's not weird that they called the city in the same way, what's weird is that there is no proof of the original inscription ever existing

Why do all the Slavs have the same word for ear or walnut even tho they live far apart from eachother. It's plausible that they perhaps used the same words

Hmm.

Could be the 21st century equivalent to De Situ Britanniae or Ossian, i.e. total bullshit.

>According to Mellaart's notes, the inscription was copied in 1878 by an archaeologist named Georges Perrot near a village called Beyköy in in Turkey. Shortly after Perrot recorded the inscription, villagers used the stone as building material for a mosque, according to Mellaart's notes. In the aftermath of the inscription being used as building material for the mosque, Turkish authorities searched the village and found three inscribed bronze tablets that are now missing. The bronze tablets were never published and it is not certain exactly what they say.

Fucking Turks.

Hittites and Luwians didn't even agree on the spelling of Hattushshash, why would they agree on some minor city in the Troad? They likely used a similar word, but the same exact spelling? Yeah, no.

Which Beykoi?

Wikipedia gives me like 6 of them

Yeah maybe They spelled it Wilushash big difference, also Wilusa wasn't minor, it is mentioned like 30 times in Hittite texts

>Yeah maybe They spelled it Wilushash big difference,

So you now agree with me that the fact the tablet uses the Hittite form is suspicious?

>also Wilusa wasn't minor, it is mentioned like 30 times in Hittite texts

And Hattushshash was the imperial capital yet Hittites and Luwians had different names for it.

Turks are descendants of Trojans and it is up to them to decide whatever they want to do with its remains

Wilusa was probably the native Luwian name and Hittites just burrowed it

>Turks are descendants of Trojans

Yeah, no. Turks are steppe trash who are squatting on rightful Indo-European clay.

Day of the Roach-trap soon.

Sure, which is what the Greeks did, except that when THEY wrote down the name, they spelled it "Ilios". And the Greeks lived right next door and had regular direct contact, while the Hittites had only sporadic diplomatic contact, so it's likely the Greek version is closer to the Luwian name than the Hittite one.

>scholar in obscure field fields mysterious tablet that contains a sequel to the Iliad exposing an as-yet unknown chapter of history
>oops, guess he ""lost"" the tablets
>but look he has this drawing that he says someone else made at some point, and you can't /prove/ that he's making it all up so it must be true!

Yeah, nothing incredibly suspicious about this at all.

The Greeks wrote down the Iliad 500 years after these event

Sure but the path from Mycenean Greek to Homeric Greek is well-known and it is trivial to reconstruct the Mycenean name from Homeric Ilium: Wilios. Clearly this is related to Wilusa, but equally clearly it is no identical.

And where was this "inscription" found?

I don't know, maybe the article just said Wilusa but the name in the inscription was somewhat different

Even if I'm very skeptic about this whole thing, for once the name Mira never appears among the invading sea people, which is weird if they had so many ships

Secondly 500 ships seem like major bullshit, the Persians which had an empire extending from Afghanistain to Western Turkey only gathered a fleep of 200 ships against the Greeks, but a shitty barely know kingdom allied with some literally whos city states is able to produce 500 ships?

>Secondly 500 ships seem like major bullshit

To play devil's advocate, that shouldn't signify jack shit. All kingdoms until recently would massively exaggerate the size of their forces or that of their foes.

Well the actual story could be bullshit without the tablet being a fake, look at Rameses victory stele that commemorates what was actually his DEFEAT at the hands of the Hittites at Qadesh. But the sheer coincidence of the one guy on Earth who could translate (or fake!) it just happening to find something as sensational as Iliad Part Two and then "accidentally" "misplacing" these priceless tablets is too vast to ignore.

Well Ramses' story wasn't fake, he did fight the Hittite empire and managed to survive and bring his ass back home, he exaggerated of course but it's still pretty much real

Sure and this guy, if he existed at all, probably really did have some ships and really did knock some heads in.

>and they say autism is harmless...

>Turks are steppe trash who are squatting on rightful Indo-European clay.
indo-europeans come from the steppe, brainlet

The problem is the inscription being fake, while you can still read Ramses II's account on the battle of Kadesh if you take a plane to Egypt

And Americans come from Earth, but you still wouldn't refer to one as a human.

It happens very often, can't dismiss it completely just in those basis.

If it were true it would be Incredible but it sounds like bullshit

>oops, guess he ""lost"" the tablets
More like "oops, guess the Turks destroyed it"

You mean
>oops, looks like I claimed the Turks destroyed it, nevermind that I have zero evidence for this or even that it existed in the first place!

I don't even get it, where does this "inscription" even came from?

Some what obsure, and as a news paper article nothing to count on. I think we have to wait till december when it's published and see wait the experts say about the authetecy of the Text and the trustworthyness of finder/guy who had the copy in his basment

Many western turks are basically greeks and look indo-european

All the known Hittite documents which mention Wilusa are written in Luwian

excellent

>De Situ Britanniae o
the trojans all lived in Itarly after the destruction of their city.

Epic

>no genetic evidence
>no archaeological evidence

Guess we're gonna trust the Greeks on this one, the guys that, when they found Luwian inscription of kings, they said they were Egyptian pharaohs who conquered all of Anatolia and parts of Europe

>look indo-european

If you ever accuse western turks of being wh*Te subhumans i'll rape your mother

what a qt3.14

Actual Turks maybe, not the anatolian plague and the fucking kurd niggers that make up 70 percent of the population when combined

Well, for something important, they'd develop their own way of doing it, for something minor, they might say fuck it, we'll just call it what those assholes call it.