Why were Bosnians and Albanians the only people successfully converted by the Ottomans?

Why were Bosnians and Albanians the only people successfully converted by the Ottomans?

do some fucking research. This is a discussion board, not one for baby to ask his first history questions.

He clearly already did do some research, what's the answer to his question?

>Board about history
>Not allowed to ask questions
Okay, you guys can go back to discussing Hitler and why blacks didn't develop anything for the 100th time

Finding some Wikipedia stats and asking a question on them isn't research. He can go find a book related to what he's looking to find out, and then come back.

>Okay, you guys can go back to discussing Hitler and why blacks didn't develop anything for the 100th time

Those shitty meme threads are just as bad

Asking questions is useless here since nobody knows what they're talking about

Because of the harsh resistance we faced from certain "freedom fighters" like Skanderbeg in Albania compared to the weak and patheric Greeks or Serbs, we had to "break their backs".
Which in the end resulted in much more regulations, reforms and enforcement of conversions upon them, as some Western scholars would like you to believe.

But the reality is that they were rewarded for the Warrior spirit and resistance to embrace Ottoman Sunnism compared to the rest of the pushover bunch making up the backwater shithole of the Balkans.

What warrior spirit did the Bosnians show?

Nothing, guess they realized they didn't wanna be Cathocucks anymore.

Serbs who were converted by the Ottomans are now known as Bosniaks. Greeks who were converted by Ottomans are now known as Turks. Albanians just never had anyone to pawn their Muslims off to.

Stop roleplaying as TÜRK you white subhuman or else i'll break your wh*Te neck

wh*Te subhuman tier genetic and historic knowledge

gic gede

You turkish larping retards ruin every thread.

>lapr lparlaprlaprlap xDDDD
shoo shoo wh*Te boy

>Finding some Wikipedia stats and asking a question on them isn't research

It's not very detailed research but it is more detailed research than 80% of the posts made on this board consist of.

>He can go find a book related to what he's looking to find out, and then come back.

So what is the answer you have gleaned from the books you have read on this subject? The whole point of this board is sharing knowledge.

>you don't know anything
>n-no you don't know anything
>Larp larp larp
>avatar fagging
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE stop asking questions look how smart how I am for not asking questions
>read a book I don't read books but you should read books
>dae impregnate Anne Frank?
rip Veeky Forums we barely knew ye

BEcause they're a bunch of cuckholds and traitors

Please refrain from derailing the thread and discuss the historical subject matter at hand or we must politely ask you to leave for that "other" board.

Bosnians were willing to convert because they were Bogomils. I don't know much about Albanians perhaps those theories about them being a tribe of felons the Turks brought over from the Caucasus and Albania being a giant penal colony are true.

Because he's wrong, they're not the only ethnic converted by Ottomans

Thank you

And as for the Albanians, I already listed the reason why they were much more "eager" to convert in an earlier post.
As I mentioned before, they put up much more resistance in our conquest compared to the weak Greeks and Serbs, especially with Skanderbeg leading the League of Lezhë winning numerous battles.

Which is why the Ottoman empire had a much more "hands on approach" with Albania to avoid another rebellion by supressing them completely both culturally and religiously into superior Ottoman Turkic.

If you're going to roleplay as TÜRK at least be anti wh*Te

Albanians are barely Muslim. They drink alcohol and eat pork like a kaffir.

Every board actually

>acknowledging tripfags

You are part of the problem mate. Ignore them and they go away.

>don't ask history questions on a history board

They weren't. They were the only ones who were successfully converted and then avoided being ethnically cleansed or genocided. Bulgaria was like 30% Muslim before the First Balkan War.

If you want an actual answer, it's that the Ottomans force conversion that hard, if at all. Christians had to pay jizya, and were subject to devshirme, while Muslims were not. Forcefully converting the Balkan peoples would lower the amount of tax and Janissaries recruited.

The Albanians converted to not pay as much taxes and not have their sons stolen.

What the fuck is your problem?

I'll try to answer then OP.
Basically the bosnians were getting opressed by catholics which didn't like their brand of christianity so when the ottomans conquered bosnia the people liked the religous freedom so I guess that helped to befriend the local population.
Also the islam there is the same as what the jannisaries also have so that might have something to do with it.

>don't ask history questions on a history board

This also isn’t a complaining board.

I fucking hate this piece of shit board.

The cuck gene.

Most people even those interested in history don’t know that Albanians did put some of the most determined resistance against Ottomans.
When Ottomans eventually took over there were few choices for survivors, swim to Italy, convert or die.
Some mountain clans in the north of the country remained catholic though

Nice maymays. Bosniaks themselves cinsidered themselves "muslim croatian" untill very recently