What is the agenda behind the assault on the family unit?

What is the agenda behind the assault on the family unit?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html?_r=1&abt=0002&abg=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you think there is an agenda behind any given historical zeitgeist you're already too far gone.

Divorce rates have been falling for about 30 years, at least in America. Take your alarmist crap elsewhere.

>Increase of individual productivity
>Urbanism
>Increase in wealth
>Increase of individual consumption
>Increasing share of tertiary sector

Divorces are rising like mad. Single moms are becoming widespread. Marriage is no longer considered something that is desired, but something that is an unpleasant necessary obligation. Don't fucking try to play naive ignorance on me.

>nuclear family meme again
Christ this shit is cancerous. I pity you Americans who have never experienced a true extended family and whose lives are so consumed by consumerism.

>implying the (((family unit))) isn't bullshit to begin with

Make sure to move out and buy or rent a completely separate house, a completely separate car and pay completely separate bills as soon as possible goyim. Even better if you move to the other side of the country from the rest of your family and hardly speak to them or have any further bonds on loyalty to them.

Sources? Can you also prove how this is a dedicated attempt to end the old nuclear family? This isn't /pol/ where you can just post whatever

No they aren't you retard.

nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html?_r=1&abt=0002&abg=1

I'm American and I agree with you %100. The worst part is when you try to explain this fact to them they just turn around and scapegoat gays and liberals like they weren't even listening to what you just said, and were only waiting for their turn to speak

The real question is, what was the agenda behind the creation of the concept of the family unit?

You said divorces were rising, and I proved you wrong with , stop moving your fucking goalposts you dishonest shitbag.

>can't do his own research
sad

Don't worry OP, nuclear families still exist!

Divorces stopped rising because marriages stopped altogether dumbass.

Obviously large falls in the number of marriages are going to result in less divorces.

> Divorces are rising like mad.
What's wrong with divorces? If anything, it's a symptom and not the problem, the real problem is the obsolete meme of marriage being forced upon people.

>wikipedia is now a source
You could have at least followed the fucking citations.

This is more like quantum family.

Divorce is a radical feminist concept, with it came women's sufferage, and now we're all poor and can't get laid while women become whores. Would be better if we scrapped domestic abuse law too because they harm the family unit. PArt of the reason why theres falling birth rates because marriage isn't as lucrative of an investment when one side gets to back out of the agreement and take half your shit and your kids from you.

That's because almost 50% of people over 18 years old no longer get married. Divorce rates declined, because don't even bother to get married in the first place you imbecile.

>what are RATES as opposed to total numbers
Literally how can you be this fucking retarded?

>adoption is baaaad! Look at these fine people giving that nigger a better life!
There is literally nothing wrong with raising another man's child

>Divorce is a radical feminist concept
[citation needed]

>we're all poor and can't get laid
Speak for yourself neckbeard

See and then kill yourself

I guess ancient Romans and the early Muslims were radical feminists then.

>Literally how can you be this fucking retarded?
Because he's trying to scapegoat society for his own failings and is grasping at straws, that's how

Divorce rates are calculated per total population, not per marriage. Look at the chart again and try to think this time.

>women become whores
>we can't get laid while
I think I see the problem here.

Americans need to be rangebanned from this website

Herny the 8th would 'divorce' his wives by writing his own name and hers on a piece of paper then killing her. That was divorce in the papal era. There was also political issues at play. Now any whore can get a divorce because the woman feels the need to 'move-up' in the world with her career or whatever. Try debating my point that it hurts the family unit and society as a whole.

I don't want to fuck whores is that a problem?

If we adjust it, we get the same conclusion: Less more stable marriages.

They literally claim to be feminists you dolt. And those romans were christianized

m8 I'm American and this shit pisses me off, too. We're not all obese virgins bitching about women being whores for sleeping with everybody but them

You just want to fuck, period

Basic marxism. Marx identified the bourgeois family that is to say the nuclear family as one of the driving forces of capitalism and for communism to be brought about it would have to be destroyed. Left has been attacking the family structure ever since with things like getting women to work and banning homeschooling and no fault divorce etc.

THe kid will never be as good of a soldier so if everyone did that your country would lose wars and your own people would die.

>if I ignore your source I don't have to acknowledge you're right

unironically capitalism tearing families apart into easy to relocate and big spending cells for its own gains

>You just want to fuck, period
I want society to love each other and not have 'flings' with every passing dick and nancy.

>THe kid will never be a stormnigger in a militia

Sounds good to me

>if everyone did that your country would lose wars and your own people would die.
lol where do you virgins even get this crap?

divorce is inherently destablizing so its not a part of a capitalist agenda.

>I want society to love each other and not have 'flings' with every passing dick and nancy.
and you're going to do that by outlawing divorce and go back to the days of trapping people in a loveless relationship?

divorce separates one household into two both expected to live the same quality of lifestyle thanks to child support, spending more money

Augutus ceasar lost every battle but two to marc antony because he was adopted (but blood related) to caesar. This lead to the deaths of thousands of Romans and a civil war that lasted years. Whereas marc antony always had one set of parents.

>I don't want to have sex with a woman who enjoys having sex
Kinda creepy, m8.
I guess Caesar was christianized when he divorced his wife in 63 BC.

>Divorce =>
>More households =>
>More consumption+
>More flexible workforce

Fuck off, the "family unit" was an assault on the tribal/clan unit in the first place.

Unironically abolish Alimony. Everything wrong today with marriage will be solved.

>trapping people in a loveless relationship
if they don't love each other than they shouldn't agree to get married. However, marriage is a proper form, so there are no bad marriages.

Marc Anthony also walked out on his lawful wife Octavia so that he could go whoring around with Cleopatra. It's one of the main charges that Octavian leveled against him as evidence that he had willingly betrayed his own heritage and had been bewitched by foreigners

This guy knows what's up. The nuclear family is degeneracy.

>>I don't want to have sex with a woman who enjoys having sex
Those women don't enjoy sex nearly as much because there are constant issues of divorce because of 'loveslessness' whereas people with fewer partners are involved in more sexual partnerships.
dude had two or three wives if you're talking about augustus

To foster paranoia and induct people like you into the culture war.

irrelevant. If you're suggesting that has anything to do with my argument about adopted kids being bad soldiers.

>if they don't love each other than they shouldn't agree to get married.
>implying people don't change after decades
That's easy to say but not so easy to predict after 15 to 20 years of being with the same person. And what do you do when people realize that they fucked up? Put them in prison? Force them to make it work even when neither partner wants it too?

people don't change

Hmm, i wonder who could be behind this post.

Because your argument is fucking shit and completely unscientific.

Caesar Augustus was the shrewdest politician in Roman history who lead Rome to an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity, and even though he was a mediocre soldier, knew how to surround himself with great ones like Agrippa. Mark Anthony was a chad who was good at killing people but not at actually adhering to his responsibilities and betrayed his own country just so he could go bang some inbred Greco-Egyptian whore

I was wondering who kept arguing with me

Fuck off you white beta nu-male faggot. Alimoy is literal bitch money for sluts who want to leech off your earnings. Child support has nothing to do with Alimony.

>Make citizens dependent on state gibs because fathers are absent
>They'll keep voting for expansion of state and said gibs

Thank you Lyndon Johnson & Ronald Reagan for fucking up the families.

He wanted to adopt MArc's kid, but decided on killing it instead/.

He didn't make it to the top by being nice about it

Whatever you say, mr. Manly internet man.

> if you're talking about augustus
> in 63 BC
Ignoring your basic historical illiteracy, yeah, Augustus had like 3 wifes, consequently, meaning he actually divorced them several times, meaning divorce was the norm in the 1st century BC Rome.
> Those women don't enjoy sex nearly as much because there are constant issues of divorce
What divorce has to do with sex? Women who enjoy having sex have sex if you want to have sex, have sex. If you don't like it when women enjoy having sex, you're a creep.

>Women who enjoy having sex have sex if you want to have sex, have sex
Impiety is punished by the Gods, user.
>you're a creep
trying to shame me for supporting women in marriage is evil. You are evil.
He actually had them at the same time

That's what i thought. No argument of substance.

>Impiety is punished by the Gods, user.
No, impiety is punished by the laws of men, specifically the Lex Julianus, which made adultery a crime and imposed social repression on the lower classes while the children of aristocrats still got to enjoy daddy's rape-palace.

>trying to shame me for supporting women in marriage is evil.
Not even that guy, but you are, in fact, giving off major creep vibes

>It's only a valid marriage when a woman is a virgin and has no idea what the fuck she is doing in bed
You're just a control freak rationalizing your rage over the things beyond your ability to control

Your accusations against me are baseless and contrived. The gods will decide your fate. All governments serve God, and all states do too. Hence, it is punished by the gods.

Ignoring your bullshit about Gods and evil, Augustus didn't have several wifes at the same time, Romans didn't practice polygamy, he and Caesar just divorced the wifes whenever they liked, and the Roman law had a lot of special provisions for supporting a woman after a divorce, like giving her back her dowry. Also, please don't post anything about history anymore, I can cringe over your social ideals just fine, but I can't control myself when you post false historical claims.

>All governments serve God, and all states do too.
god sure does have wildly inconsistent standards for what 'serving' him means then

>Your accusations against me are baseless and contrived
stay mad, virgin. I'm totally sure it's not you who's to fault for your inability to find a quality woman, it's everybody else's fault.

I was taught this in college

>all is art

what

I didn't blame a single person. I just said that women's suffrage is negatively affecting the marriage market and women.