Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce
youtube.com/watch?v=HqaCSnyRMO8
youtube.com/watch?v=Jdobquf1zms
youtube.com/watch?v=L4njkx32PuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1MA6ousJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeap now they're all dead and noone cares

French made a movie about it, joyeux Noel, bretty good watched it with my wwII vet Grampa just before he died.

I've read about this.

If I remember rightly, one of the larger British units which played football against the germans in no mans land (sharing cigarettes, photos, etc) was ordered to advance on the enemy on the 30th of December, but refused to do so. They didnt want to attack their friends. The entire section of the line had to be rotated and new troops brought in for the attack. Very sad.

I remember reading that one British soldier asked the Germans, who were burying their dead and putting tombstones what's written on the grave markers. German soldier replied "in the honor of the unknown soldier, fighting for his fatherland and freedom".
Then the British soldier asked, how could they be fighting for freedom if they started the war.
German soldier stopped him and said "my English comrade, let's not quarrel on a Christmas day"
And that was the end of it

>one of the larger British units

Which by 1914 didnt mean much

Such a massive shame. English and Germans are natural friends, but history has torn the nations apart.

holy shit shut the fuck up

stop turning every thread into a 'who did more' you immature child

The football match in no-mans-land is very well documented.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

Extremely beautiful song by Mike Harding: youtube.com/watch?v=HqaCSnyRMO8

>tfw will never live in a world where WWI and the Bolshevik revolution never happened

Yes yes goy. It was history that torn the nations apart.

Fuck off you pacifist shits. Honestly disgusting that the alleged truce of 1914 is held up as some symbol of peace when the Germans were committing mass atrocities in Belgium and were occupying foreign territory.

>implying anyone gives a fuck about Belgium
>implying Belgium wasn't raping the Congo then

youtube.com/watch?v=Jdobquf1zms

The soldiers weren't the same ones doing all that necessarily.

youtube.com/watch?v=L4njkx32PuE

>Adolf Hitler, then a young corporal of the 16th Bavarian Reserve Infantry, was also an opponent of the truce.
seriously, what was this guys fucking problem

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1MA6ousJE
good times

there was also an incident halfway through the war where it rained for a week non-stop on the western front. the trenches on both sides filled with water and the british and krauts looked eye to eye a hundred yards apart in silence, nobody fired a shot

it was bad for morale idiot. once you start a war the objective should be to finish it in nothing but complete and total victory. this is the same reason why the US lost the war to vietcong, hippie scumb sympathizing with the enemy

There was a smaller one in WW2 during the Battle of the Bulge.

>Woman and her kid flee to some shack in the wilderness to avoid the combat in the city
>on christmas night, a group of lost americans arrive with a wounded soldier
>she lets them in, treats the wounded soldier, and invites them to eat
>a group of lost germans show up as well
>mexican standoff happens
>woman fusses both groups and tells them to put their weapons in the barn and to come in and eat
>interview with the little boy years later says he only remembers their raspy tired voices singing silent night in german and in english

>damn goys get back to killing each other for no reason!

ya know, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him

Belgium deserved it for exisiting

>a warmongerer would be against peace
more news at 10

>that's not my idea of a silver-tongued devil
Norm is so great

i mean he was like 20 when that happened

>Germans ask for a passage through their territory and nothing more
>lol, fuck you
>end up having your country devastated for 4 years
I know, they had every right to fight, but in hindsight, it might be better to just let them pass and have the war end in 6 weeks like the Germans planned

>germans started the war
They fucking lived through the time period, why would the dumb anglo think that?

Anyone know what happened the following christmases (1915, 1916, 1917 and 1918)? Did they have the same truce during those?

except they literally did, unless you believe that Austria-Hungary was actually justified in invading Serbia (i.e. you are a moron)

I don't understand this meme, Austria-Hungary literally started war on Sebia?

and serbia literally assassinated the AH crown prince, if anyone's to blame its russia

because Germany told them it was ok, Austria-Hungary couldn't do anything without their support

>the nation of serbia killed the crown prince

>implying the serbian government didn't have a hand in the assassination

Tbqh this.
They are like the exact opposite of peoples but complement each other so well especially in the early 20th century.
>Individualist vs Communal
>Strategic vs Tactical
>Materialist vs Idealist
>Liberal vs Conservative
>Sanguine vs Humorless
>Isolationist vs European
>Democratic vs Autocratic
>Lax vs Regimented
Imagine if they teamed up in 1900.

Don't you mean a Black Hand?

>When you realize that only cultural difference between Western and Orthodox Christianity prevented great Christmas truce of 1943

That's a good fucking artist

A-H started a minor Balkans war, Germany made it a world war
That was the Eternal Anglo's point

It was never going to be a "minor Balkans war" as soon as A-H and Russia was involved and every state leader at the time knew full well of it.

aso you should not forget that france wanted revange against the unfair treaty of 1870.

>being THIS assmad
how anglo are you?

All soldiers must think they are fighting for a righteous cause, he was indoctrinated by propaganda of course.

You fucking brainlet, Russia and France had both sweared to support Serbia, Germanys attack was preemptive.

Belgiums entire existence is just the Anglo giving a giant fuck you to the Dutch.

is there a whiter moment in history lads?

>serbia assassinate Austrian leader
>AH gets pissed off
>therefore, Russia is to blame

It's brainlets like you who think this picture shows a complete set of events, probably the same people who learn history through youtube.

Take one question for instance: what about Russian mobilisation?

>Russia doesn't mobilise
>AH has no reason to attack Russia because why would they
>Germany now has no reason to attack Russia
>world war averted

I know there are many other paths to avoiding the war, but this is one example where Russia could have averted things.

I should add that the assassination was the unsanctioned act of a non-goverment individual, so it would be facetious to say 'Serbia assassinates'

IIRC they were cracked down on in the years after, by both sides.

>tfw will never live in a world where Anne Frank and the Romanov sisters are just happy girls enjoying fulfilling lives as wives and mothers.