1. By definition, Allah is a being than which none greater can be imagined

1. By definition, Allah is a being than which none greater can be imagined.
2. A being that necessarily exists in reality is greater than a being that does not necessarily exist.
3. Thus, by definition, if Allah exists as an idea in the mind but does not necessarily exist in reality, then we can imagine something that is greater than Allah.
4.But we cannot imagine something that is greater than Allah.
5.Thus, if Allah exists in the mind as an idea, then Allah necessarily exists in reality.
Allah exists in the mind as an idea.
Therefore, Allah necessarily exists in reality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xagqiIVW6qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2. A being that necessarily exists in reality is greater than a being that does not necessarily exist.

Bollocks. A god that created the Universe despite not even existing would be immeasurably more impressive than one that merely did so while existing. Your argument thus proves that god cannot exist.

alright.

>the "P" in "Islam" stands for Peace!

>By definition, Allah is a being than which none greater can be imagined
How about the true, triune God?

>there can be nothing greater than allah
If allah is allpoweful and can do anything he can put himself to allah -1 and create another allah, checkmate, theist.

>1. By definition, Allah is a being than which none greater can be imagined.

What about my God, Halla? He's exactly like your god, but he could beat your god in an arm wrestling match. BOOM, I just imagined a being greater than your greatest imaginable being, checkmate, atheists!

God is another word for Allah.

Halla be praised!

There is no 'p' is Islam.

i just imagined a supergod of degeneracy that, wearing nothing but bondage gear and a strapon greater than a million infinities, bent allah over and fucked him up his ass for eternity while forcing allah to squeal "make cummies in my man cunt daddy"

this supergod, which is called "opisafaggot" is the greatest thing that can be imagined, ergo it is the greatest thing that exists and can ever exist.

There is only one God.

I like how even through anime pictures Islam is still No Fun Allowed

>imagined

That's where you went wrong.

and you.

Allah is a demon from Arabia. God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

what about all the needy african, pakistani and malaysian slaves in arabia and the gulf states?

So essentially your refutation of this is that "God isn't akshually God".

If all you believe in is atoms, then how do we have morals?

Yes, Halla. And I am his prophet. AMA!

It is American funded secular governments that treat them badly.

>any of those countries
>secular
imagine being this delusional, but then you are a muslim so it should be expected

>muslim steals ontological argument from a Christian Saint.

They aren't the caliphate and they are propped up by the US.

So you openly admit you can't refute the argument.

Honestly, if Islam wants to be taken seriously in the West, ISIS is doing a much better job of it than this Jehova's Witnesses crap, nobody takes the latter seriously, while ISIS is just the Near Eastern chapter of the "alt" right..

Cool. Now define "great".

>anything that's not the caliphate is secular
THIS JUST IN, THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY
"I mean it's not even the kingdom of god on earth" SAYS POPE DUMBFUCKIKUS XIIII ALONGSIDE THE RESSURECTED CORPSE OF MARTIN LUTHER AND THAT ETHIOPIAN FAGGOT

Thanks for 9/11, I really felt the religion of peace that day.

ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. Islam is a religion of peace.

Are you having a stroke? Please tell me what country you are in and the best way of contacting the emergency services.

Litterally could be said for every big religion with a 9/11 type of event for every one of them.

How many other religions committed terrorist attacks that killed thousands of civilians again?
>inb4 crusades

You need to add a modern time constraint user

1)Even if I accepted the ontological argument it does not prove the muslim God is God.
2)Existence is not a predicate
3) Rowe's argument against it (forgot the details).

>How many other religions committed terrorist attacks that killed thousands of civilians again?

Didn't George W Bush launch a war that killed over a million because he claimed Jesus told him to?

How could you possibly "imagine" something greater than which nothing can be imagined? Surely you can only imagine that you could imagine such a thing.

>1.God isn't God
>2. God isn't God.
>3. I completely forgot what I was trying to say

This is what happens when you heavily drink alcohol against God's orders.

1st : you're talking about a sect/group that, event though it defines itself as muslim, is not recognized by all of muslims as Islamic and thus is not a representation of Islam as a whole. So saying the religion that is Islam commited this attack is pure nonsense.
2nd : terrorism is not the only way through which acts of violence are commited. You can think of the massive persecutions of religious minorities in Europe through the middle ages and later on, or nowadays the ethnic cleansings lead by buddhist monks in Burma.

>war
>terrorist attack
Pretty sure that was his neocon masters

hot

Y'all just fucking tell me how we humble and pityful humans are supposed to be able to judge of the hypothetical greatness of an hypothetical being when we are not even capable of defining greatness and the nature of this being.

I don't know what's worse:

1. The fact that you stole Anselm of Canterbury's ontological argument for the existence of God word-by-word, replacing every instance of the word "God" with "Allah".

2. The fact that nobody in an "and Humanities" board picked up on it until this post.

1) We don't know the maxima for what entails a greatest possible being. It's also totally possible for the greatest possible being to exist and for the koran to be false.
2)If is an existence is not an essential property of anything you lose the argument
3) IIFC Rowe says the ontological argument begs the question because we cannot know whether God is a possible being. Just as when we define a "magican" as an existing magician it does not follow that magicians exist.

i imagine Allah to be pretty weak, therefore i can imagine much greater beings. Allah can do nothing about it. Cause he isn't all that great

who is this qt

Just like the original argument,
God/Allah is a creation of the human mind by the imaginative process, therefore is bellow it

The fact that it's so obvious that nobody doesn't have to bring it up, yet you did.

>ISIS has nothing to do with Islam
Must be why it is called Islamic State, since it has nothing to do with it.

1. By definition, Allah is a being than which none greater can be imagined.
This is a definition thought of by humans, not taken from any element of the natural world, hence it's trash

>literally #notallmuslims
lmao

No, it really can't. Islam is cancer and incompatible with the west.

>2. A being that necessarily exists in reality is greater than a being that does not necessarily exist.
Are you sure that existence is a positive attribute? Anime girls are better than 3D, precisely because they don't exist in reality.

>Don't be shy! Learn about why you should be a second-class citizen!

After you go back to europe, subhuman. America belongs to Amerindians.

This sounds like a broad argument for theism rather than for Islam specifically. Am I right, or am I being a brainlet?

I actually quite like a lot of Islam, but unfortunately Muhammed was brown.
so into the trash it goes

OP btfo

delet this

According some anons, it was originally a Christian argument plagerized by the muzanon

Islam likes to think all the other beliefs are just Islam heard wrong

Holy shit, this

define great

Which black metal album is this

Well yes in the same way that I don't blame Buddhism for the massacres in Burma I don't blame Islam for those terrorist attacks. If you go to a Muslim country you may notice how hated Islamist fundamentalists can be, partly because the number of victims of terrorism that are muslim is way higher than those that are not.

The weak should fear blankets*

There are plenty of problems, as others have mentioned.

1) Even if point 3 was true, it doesn't refute other reasons Allah might not exist. Like Mohammed was crazy. 1-4 together don't imply 5.

2) Your argument assumes that if a definition can't be contradicted, it reflects reality. Not always. If you doubt this, try doing the following test:
A) By definition, your penis is the largest in the world
B)If your penis wasn't, then there would be a larger penis
C) But there is no larger penis (see A)
D) Therefore you have the largest penis in the world.
If you take down your pants and notice its grown about a foot, then congrats, your argument structure is valid.

There are other problems. Your 1st and 2nd points are very controversial, and you've neglected to define key terms like Allah, greater, and imagined. Good try though Ismail.

In summary, OP is a kaffir.

This
You can "prove" just about anything with that logic.

Sage

youtube.com/watch?v=xagqiIVW6qk

Y'all should read what Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar wrote about Islam and Muslims. This was a guy who was an ardent critic of Hinduism due to the cast system and converted to Buddhism.
Also recommend reading is Voltaire's commentaries on Islam.

Is that what you are now? Anime mudslime shitposters? Is this it?

?
Incas won most battles, eurangutans couldn't even scratch them if it weren't for their pestilence and poison.

Kek

Cry me river, "indio".

Holy fuck, your religion is bad. It's so bad it's offensive. If only it had been killed at birth liek it deserved.

Is it bad I want to date a Muslim woman?

no

So you agree with Amerindian superiority? Great for you.

If they were superior then why did they get wiped out?

Existence isn't a predicate, it is a quantifier.
Further, existence is not part of a concept, which is a linguistic expression and there is only said to be a thing x, if there IS a thing x.

Amerindian superiority is based on their higher development rate. It's the same as comparing a chimp with a gun against a genius, the superior one resembles amerindian superiority. How is this even a question?

>Be Amerinidan
>Be Superior
>Lose to a spanish sailor's sneeze

OOK OOOK EEEK EEEK

Whats with all the hajis lately?

Closing the residential schools was a mistake.

English?

1. By definition, my enormous dick is a being than which none greater can be imagined.
2. A being that necessarily exists in reality is greater than a being that does not necessarily exist.
3. Thus, by definition, if my enormous dick exists as an idea in the mind but does not necessarily exist in reality, then we can imagine something that is greater than my enormous dick.
4.But we cannot imagine something that is greater than my enormous dick
5.Thus, if my enormous dick exists in the mind as an idea, then my enormous dick necessarily exists in reality.

I ctrl-f'ed Descartes and got no results. Did nobody notice OP's argument is just Descartes' argument for the existence of god? Cause if that's that the case, this board is full of fucking retards

>1. By definition, my enormous dick is a being than which none greater can be imagined.
My dick is greater than yours, therefore your first premise is false and your whole argument falls apart.

Islam is incompatible with democracy, freedom and Western ideals.

/pol/ in a nutshell

What about Malaysia?

This is literally just St. Anselm's ontological argument, but worse.

I'm fucking baffled nobody brought this up yet.

I'm fucking baffled by the fact that we have 5 posters already who posted about how baffled they are by the fact that nobody has brought up who wrote the original argument.
Love you, Veeky Forums, each day reaching new levels of retardation.