I fell for the masters degree meme. What do I do next?

I fell for the masters degree meme. What do I do next?

masters in what? history?

come on friend, no one is that dumb...not even Romanians.

:(

Hello?

Kys

Realistically you should try to get museum work or get your teaching license and teach high school. Universities aren't looking for professors, so there's no point in getting a PhD.

Fall for the phd meme?
What did you write about btw?

teach yourself a "useful" skill that bolsters the economy and get a 9-5 doing that. No one can take away the erudite knowledge you gained from your Masters.

Define "useful"

>hurrrr becum a weldurrrr

a job that makes you money

Cleaning shit makes money.

No, retard. See there's this thing called the internet, maybe you've heard of it. It enables an individual to learn a variety of skills that were once limited to the domain of traditional schooling.

So every job. That really helps

oh yesh like the virtual certificates you can buy for completing an online IQ test

Are you thick? Obviously I'm referring to white collar money. Dumb contrarian fucks.

ok.

I wanted you to give specific examples. Instead you just insulted me and gave another vague word

I don't want to feel like I've wasted all this time doing this stupid masters

Well you did

If you feel like time spent acquiring knowledge can be wasted then why the fuck did you even go to university?

Learn to market your skill, especially the ability you should have for reviewing and analyzing several sources, that will look good on a CV. Then get a job. The idea that you can't get a job with a history degree is a meme (Especially when you consider that all lot of places just want anyone with a degree, of any kind).

If you actually wanted to work on something more history related (research etc) the competition will most likely be worse. But it is my no means impossible, and if it's what you want to do with your life you would be a fool not to try it.

I do not want to work in this field. I'm done with history and academia. I'm just struggling to understand whether having a masters will give me a leg up on someone with just a bachelor's. What sorts of jobs require decent review and analyzing skills?

That's not nice