Ww2 yugoslavia

What can you tell me about Yugoslavia during WW2?

it was a step up from the
>Serbian
>Empire

borders after italian capitulation 1943-44/5

There's a Croatian club down the road from where I live. Im a member of the Slovenian club in my home city so I was like 'oh yeah I'll go down, eat some chevapi and listen to old Croats scream at each other'.

The walls were covered in pictures of Pavelić and other ustache. Bit har ya garn.

All I know is that commie guerrila partisans managed to get the people on their side because alternatives were horrible:
>Pussy serbian royal family supported by chetniks
>murderous batshit crazy croatian nazisl aka ustashas that would prolly genocide them own selves if they (axis) won
And some minor parties as albanian fascists, bulgarians and bosnian muslims which were considered croats at the time

And us Slovenians which were only non-retards in this whole cluster fuck

at first it was funny

*blocks your life*

Chetniks were aesthetic af

They were the least aesthetic of them all. And unable to win a single battle

Ustashas > partisans > the rest.

Forgot pic
I mean just look at those faces

What exactly do you want to know about? As you can see in the map you posted, the situation was not identical in all parts of Yugoslavia.

I wouldn't make such optimistic statements considering the civil war situation during the war that is still being obsessed over to this day.

It proves autism runs deep in all the Balkans family

The fascist Croatia had a massive chimp out and rumouredly sometimes disgusted the Germans with its over the top cruelty

RKKA>balkans

Croats go on a genocide spree

And they still win the war

Yeah, pretty much, they restore themselves to statehood status after a thousand years, their guy is in charge. What's 10k pows executed in with no trial exchange for that.
But 50 years later when Serbs execute 8k pows it's "genocide".
Common practice by the Yugoslav communist army.

Everytime I hear about fascist Croatia I see this"they EVEN shocked ze germans by zheir cruelties!" I swear to fucking christ

This is croatian ustasha militia that operated in Sandzak (Serbia). Most of them were muslim

They were the Japanese of the European theater.

>axis invades, gifts a mega-country to croat extreme far-right (the 'ustashe')
>ustashe start exterminating serbs
>rebellion starts across the country: chetniks and partisans appear; start fighting each other asap

so, basically:

-ustashe:
>alignment: croat fascists
>foreign policy: axis puppets
>goal: independent croatia without serbs
>human rights: death camps for serbs, massacres all over the country, cartoon-level evil
>performance: because of all the meme-tier violence, they provoked a massive rebellion that they couldn't handle, and so they couldn't properly rule their land. relied on axis forces for survival

-chetniks:
>alignment: serb nationalist monarchists
>foreign policy: supported by allies at the beginning of the war; known to collaborate with the axis against the partisans; mortal enemies of the partisans
>goal: greater serbia ruled by a serb monarch
>human rights: massacring muslims and croats whenever given the chance
>performance: meme-tier army. basically just focused on fighting against the partisans, which they usually failed in

-partisans:
>alignment: yugoslav communists
>foreign policy: supported by ussr, also by western allies as the war progresses; no collaboration with the axis; mortal enemies of the chetniks
>goal: united communist yugoslavia
>human rights: 'cleaning up' captured ustasha at the end of the war; expulsion of german and italian civilians
>performance: avoided destruction and steadily grew throughout the war, and were eventually recognized by the allies as the new government and army of yugoslavia. liberated yugoslavia with soviet ground and western-allied material support

partisans won, and ustashe and chetnik organizations were pushed into diaspora, where they stayed until the 1990s, when they came back for a re-run

Complete shitfest just like the rest of Eastern Europe

>implying its not true

Tfw no Republic of Bosnians, serbs and croats

>chetnicks massacring muslims and croats
>chetnicks meme-tier army made to fight partisans
>chetnicks want greater serbia
Nope. Chetnicks wanted to unite all south slavs into one people: the yugoslavs. They were the first of the occupied countries in ww2 to oppose
Hitler. They were a lot muslims and croats in the chetnick movement.

No they werent. And they were just genocidal hoodlums with zero war ability. Probably the most irrelevant group in the yugoslav theater, besides when it comes to killing civilians. Atleast ustashas put up a fight

Actually, those ideas were not always mutually exclusive. There were parts of the organisation with different ideas. One proposal was for a united greater Yugoslavia where the Serbian lands were homogenous at the expense of Croats who were seen as traitors. There was a minor chetnik faction in Slovenia during the war as well.

>tfw i come from that shithole

Ask me anything I guess

This. Greater Serbia + Greater Slovenia.
Also, cucking Albania and Hungary is always the morally correct choice

>come from
You need to go back

No, I escaped from there for a reason. That shithole is never going to successful. The last glimmer of hope was Yugoslavia but everyone knows how that turned out.

If everyone has your mindset then yes, it will always be a shithole.

This is a >just b urself ;) tier comment not even worth giving a proper reply to.

There is constant despair in the air. Everyone is convinced that things will never get better and that there's no point to do anything, but to get a well paying job in the administration where you don't actually do anything.
If you want to actually do something, everyone will tell you to just move away and do it somewhere abroad.

Independant chad Croatia vs occupied virgin Serbia

>implying it isn't "the virgin Ustashe vs. THE CHAD PARTISAN"

Partisans were cool too but ustashas were top dogs

The man on the left is known for giving Vojislav Šešelj the title of vojvoda in 1989.