>mfw an anglo pronounces caesar as "SEE-ZUR" near me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pnXD_qlrzS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mfw a kraut pronounces William "VILL-HELM" near me

mfw when somebody declares themselves King of Rome and makes my job pointless

how it's pronounced? ka-e-tsar?

Cae-sar

mfw an aglo forgots that English is a West Germanic language. just ask your queen, she is German too..

>someone pronounces Socrates Sah-kruh-TEES

Degenerates like you belong on a cross
youtu.be/pnXD_qlrzS8

I can almost hear him struggling not to voice the s in Caesar

the original one sounds like what i wrote in

"mfw an anglo pronounces"
why?

Blame French frogs for that
They're the ones who introduced in English language the concept of pronuncing "c" as "s" when followed by "i" or "e"

Sounds more noble than barbaric kaiser

ke-sar or kay-zar

Dear dimwits, please understand that each language has their own way of pronouncing everything under the sun, including names and toponyms from other countries. If you're going to bitch about /ˈsiːzər/, you might as well start saying /pa.ʁi/ for Paris. Are you going to do that? No. Then please shut up.

Ave.

Kaiser

see-zur is closer to the latin than the italian cheh-sah-reh is lmao

>just ask your queen, she is German too..
Excuse me sir, we don't talk about that

How did they found this out?

>someone pronounces it SOkrates

>mfw a kraut thinks they can bomb everyone and no one will bomb them

>Germany attacked England first

Where did he imply that?

German kaiser is closest.

Absolute retard logic

he implied Germany bombed England and expected no retaliation
when infact Germany bombed England as retaliation

Actually Hannoverian, a country that no longer exists, also, if we're going by this retarded logic that despite not speaking a word of the country you're supposedly from, despite having little cultural similarities with the country you're from, and despite the acceptance of the local population you are one of them, Germans are Africans.

As a Brit, this triggers me too.

Just like Germany dindu nuffin with the zeppelin raids in the last war either, right?

>he implied Germany bombed England and expected no retaliation
Seems like he's implying Germany bombed everyone and expected no retalation:
>thinks they can bomb everyone and no one will bomb them
Not
>thinks they can bomb Brits and no one will bomb them
How did you come to the conclusion that "Everyone" = Britshits? Brits weren't the only ones doing the bombing

>Ajax = Ay-jacks instead of Ayax
>Jesus = Jeezus instead of Yeh-soos
>Plato = Play-dough instead of Plah-toe
>Isaac = Eyesack instead of Yisaak
In every language you change the spelling to accomodate the pronounciation, but in retard languages like English and French you change the pronounciation to accomodate the spelling. What the actual fuck?

>mfw russians call Rome "Reme"
Does it mean that russians aknowledge Remus as the founder of Rome?

More like "Reem".

>English is a West Germanic language
The Glorious Revolution was a mistake.

>>he implied Germany bombed England and expected no retaliation
>Seems like he's implying Germany bombed everyone and expected no retalation [sic]
he posted a picture of Bomber Harris, and was thus pointing towards the terror bombing of civilians by England

>How did you come to the conclusion that "Everyone" = Britshits? Brits weren't the only ones doing the bombing
explained above

It's pronounced the same

The "e" sound in English isn't pronounced like in Latin.

>e posted a picture of Bomber Harris, and was thus pointing towards the terror bombing of civilians by England
I'm fairly certain the reason why he posted a picture of Bomber Harris is because the "bomb everyone and not get bombed quote" is a refernece to Harris himself:
>The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation.
Rather than the fact that he was referencing only English people and the bombing of England, you know.

reference*
Fuck's sake I can't type tonight.

its pronounced cheezar

remus is only pronounced like that in english ("REE-muss" in retard phonetic spelling). Everyone who didn't go through the great vowel shift pronounces it the actual latin way ("REH-moos" in retard phonetic spelling) which sounds different from Russian "Rim", so connection could only be made by an english speaker who can't think outside of his own language.

>Play-doh

>Seezur suffered from seizures.

>germans dindu nuffin the invasion of poland was just, the london blitz was retaliation

are you joking or retarded

>mfw Anglo white trash pronounces water as "wah'er"

>rush-ah

>O' ctay veean Oh-gast-us
>Tie-beerius
>Lee o' nigh das
>Key-to
>Nee-ro

Nope. Germany started fucking around Europe and got what they deserved.

brainlet detected

Stay mad Krauts

shah

Why does the letter C even exist

what a wild ride

celciuc

Anglos think the Bible was originally written in English too so it's expected.

'kay sir

>anglo-saxons
>english

kaiser is closer to how its actually pronounced

Coh-suh

a country that no longer exists but was ethnically german.

Kaiser

abloo-boooga

Getting angry because people pronounce something inaccurately is stupid - you never get mad if a foreigner pronounces English wrong. But for some reason English-speakers have to "know better".
We speak English. Pronunciations have altered accordingly. Japanese say "cakey" instead of "cake" - as ending words with vowel sounds suits them. We say "Rome" instead of "Roma" and Paris instead of "Paree" with a gutteral 'w' for the 'r' sound. Just simmer down, all of you.

>water-based money
what?

"Cake" is not a proper name.

And people do raugh at the Japs mispronouncing things a lot.

They pronounce "Chad" as "Sado" if you need a proper name example.

I find it weird that they don't end any words with constanents barring -n. How did that develop?

How would you know?

>not the only romantic Germanic language
Wew lad.

>Barbarbar?
What did he say

Any money you have you can trade for clean water

>people don't do what I do

Church Latin my dude.

Reference to the water merchants in the Hub I think.

It's pronounced 'wadder' you slow talking bumpkin

This, one of my profs in college was this Israeli dick and one day he called this guy out in front of everyone for pronouncing Iraq "eye-rack" instead of "Eee-racq" and I was about to call his was out and ask him if he called Greece Hellas or Japan Nippon or Russia Rossiya but then I remembered I'm a coward and I also look like a complete prick every time I argue that type of shit so I didn't.

Kai-sar. If that reminds you of some other royal titles, now you know what they were inspired by.

khessar

jesus fucking christ use the ipa you dumb americans

>khessar
khaleesi?

So all short bladed weapons are swords?

So Hungarians the the true successors to the Roman Empire with their Khussar, later hussar, cavalry

Khan to khal because GURM is so original

>Plato = Play-dough instead of Plah-toe

Well most people outside of anglo countries call him "Platon", which is usually pronounced "Plah-tohn".

To be fair that's just using the Latinized spelling. The Romans tended to drop the final n from Greek names (Platon > Plato, Heron > Hero, Strabon > Strabo, etc.)

But as to why Anglos decided to adopt the Latinized versions of Greek names (and then pronounce them wrong by either standard anyway) I have no good answer.

to be fair a lot of european monarchies would look like this if we broke them down

>tfw no more Enclave remnants
I feel like Bethesda could've pulled off something similiar, like Arcade Gannon-style and have the sons and daughters of Enclave soldiers/officers try and recreate the organization.

>like Arcade Gannon-style and have the sons and daughters of Enclave soldiers/officers try and recreate the organization.
Fucked up the writing, meant "but" not "and".

you forgot the worst of them all....>aristotle

Because that's how it's pronounced in modern English. Not a hard concept to grasp.

>with a gutteral 'w' for the 'r' sound
That's not at all how French speakers pronounce their r's.

Because word final consonants were dropped some time much earlier in the language's history, perhaps. It's not a particularly unique trait for Japanese. Several other languages are very restrictive when it comes to word final consonants. For example, Finnish, which only allows for coronal (pronounced with the tip of your tongue) consonants to end a word and never in a cluster either (barring some regional dialects which might drop vowels before a world final consonant).

There's still some in Chicago

>Anglo can't pronounce this

>has no idea how to differenciate between country, state and nation
>wants to look smart
kys

We were retaliating for your existence you fucking germ.

I noticed they pronounce his name as "Gurbels" and Goethe as "Gurthay" which made me kek