On a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked are we when the next recession hits us?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked are we when the next recession hits us?

I don't know how the FED is going to save us again. They're still doing what they were doing since 2009. They're trying to recover but it's slow.

2y/10y T-Bond yields are almost under 0 again. Once it's under 0 a recession/depression hits a month later.

There won't be another recession. It'll be a depression that makes the great depression look like the best day our economy has ever seen.

8/10 but it would not be a depression unless it worsens over 5 years

We're always fucked. People are STILL using the phrase "in this economy" to explain why they can't get a job.

It needs to happen, btc its your only way to survive this, bankers already know, why dont you?

What? How will BTC save us? If the US economy crashes again, and this time much bigger due to the credit crisis, it will crash the entire world. The 2008 recession set off problems in Europe on its own.

Who is going to mine BTC to confirm transactions when the power bill can't be paid.

If youre any race and live in an area that is dependent on wealth transfer payments to feed itself. You are going to get robbed raped and possibly die. Not nec in that order. Have fun!
Srs though if it happens thousands will die maybe hundreds of thousands

12/10

Depending on your area you still haven't properly recovered from the last recession.

China will

Poop your pants.

doubt it theyll probably be the half or the sole cause of the world depression coming

It's impossible to have anything as bad as the Great Depression anymore because there's a lot more government money in the economy now. Think of all the military and civil service pensions, social security checks, government employee paychecks, medicare and medicaid spending and defense spending that pumps money into the economy. That spending never stops regardless of how bad things get in the rest of the economy. We can get a bad recession but a Great Depression is just about impossible.

If the economy crashes the government will print money like mad which will make cryptocurrency even more valuable. Paying the power bill will be no problem for the miners.

>hyperinflation won't be real bcuz goverment jobs

Hyperinflation will be very real for anyone not receiving money from the government.

lmao

next recession = its game over

thats why i personally believe the next financial happening wont even be next decade. it all hangs on the next great crisis. they will do EVRYTHING the can to stop it. this entire scam of western finance will come crashing down

>U.S. Debt > U.S. GDP
More fucked than before.

btw we are still IN a recession. there has been no recovery whatsoever kek its crazy how we've been lead to believe otherwise and people just accept we've made a combeback

GET YOUR ASS LUBE READY PEOPLE, WHILE YOU CAN.

We're actually not doing that badly.

lads what will actually happen in the next recession?

will people panic and dump their btc for commodities? or will we literally go to 100k/bitcoin

I never understand why they don't compare debt to government revenue, that is the pool of funds that have to pay it. its like comparing your mortgage to how much money your town makes

The IMF will bail governments out and banks will kick the can down the road like always.

Crypto will also skyrocket in value.

If youre smart you wont be fucked.
Money doesnt disappear, it always flows to someone.

>money
wealth.

People will dump BTC to pay bills. Investors will dump BTC to buy cheap stock.

Millionaires will move their money to accounts in the Bahamas and Switzerland, if they don't have it there already. They don't need crypto.

It's among the upper middle class that you'll see a rush for gold, silver and crypto. Which is more dangerous for the government, as it's the actual middle class that keeps the engines running and the money flowing.

But don't worry. America's police is militarized as fuck and knows how to dance to any song.

Dude. You think were all just going to die? Get over your fucking fear m8

BTC is backed by fiat. If fiat goes down, BTC will go down as well.

BTC isn't legal tender.

People here think we're all going to die the moment freaking OMG dips 30 cents. When the actual correction comes and 80% of those stupid altcoins go to zero, it's going to get mighty stupid in here.

Rock on, /biz. I love you all.

>north korea probably going to use fear to get the international community to back off and then annex south korea

>russia will probably control more and more of the middle east

>america will stop being a world power as china becomes the economical power of asia

>pollution from india will destroy the global environment causing a refugee crisis unlike humanity has ever seen with millions of muslims, jews, hidus etc into Europe and surrounding areas

>lots of debt will cause a crash in the western world

how fucked are we Veeky Forums?

This made me legitimately stare into space for a minute. I guess revenue could make sense. The main thing is that the government has the ability to levy taxes on the whole country. Sticking with your analogy, if I had the power to tax everyone in town to pay my mortgage, then, yeah, the town's earning are the important thing.

Non Larper here

Since Veeky Forums really wasn't focused on making money or talking about the financial crisis back in 07...why don't we flip the script.

There is going to be blood in the markets, red across the board, so why don't we work together and find out what to buy and when?

We could come out rich in crypto and in the stock market.

when did i say that you dumb cunt? when?

im not scared im ready. cant wait for the new opportunities.

>BTC isn't legal tender.

BTC is easily and legally converted into fiat though

>BTC is backed by fiat.

lol no

but you look at this graph, this is the problem, and they try to obfuscate that by comparing to GDP.

There really isnt alot of room for governments to extract more in taxes from the GDP than they already do.

It's all good bro. The Fed owns literally half of that debt in T-Bonds. Interest payments start in 2018, only 800 billion

Crypto isn't recession-proof. The blockchain/people behind the coin/ecosystem/coin factors are a small part of the value in a crypto IMO. A large amount of the value comes from people who are able to use cryptos as an intermediary exchange medium that can be easily converted back and forth without government intervention affecting fiat's value.

Buy gold nigger

>DARPA developed the internet
>governments have the killswitch
>when the shit hits the fan they'll totally let us bypass paying taxes n' shiet

Yeah which is why crypto can drop all the way to zero without the factors I mentioned. Look at China cracking down on crypto exchanges. Don't think for a minute that can't be replicated anywhere else in the world.

0/10

Not gonna happen, and even if it does we'll just print more money.

daily reminder that everyone who stayed in the stock market ended up riding a wave of massive gains a few years later

> bitcoin is backed by fiat

Wut?

You could make the same theory for gold, but the price always explodes during a crisis.

More like the last decade. Doesn't mean we can't see -50% tomorrow.

Nobody who invested in an S&P 500 index fund has ever lost money as long they held their position. The government will always find ways to pump money into the economy to juice the stock market.

>the economy = the stock market
Yeah, nah

Shit Japan get it together.

>BTC is backed by fiat. If fiat goes down, BTC will go down as well
It's the fucking opposite retard, fiat and bitcoin are literally in direct competition for demand - when fiat goes down, BTC goes up.

how old is this? We're at 100.+ now