Sweden

>Swedes are ruled by a dynasty coming from a French general to this day
LMAO, how the fuck can you be so patethic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bernadotte

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Oldenburg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bernadotte#French_origins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So Swedes got their love for Arabs and Blacks from France?

To be fair basically every European country's monarch has at one point not been a native. How would you even define "native?"

Swedish king doesnt do anything so "ruled" isn't exactly accurate

This, Veeky Forums has taught me that European nations are rarely ruled by a native dynasty.

British royal family is German and the one before them were Scots.
Spanish royal family are Bourbons.
Danish royal family are Germans.
Dutch royal family are Germans.
It is actually quite rare for royal families to be from the country.

You know scots are british?

You know the "United Kingdom" became United because the English royal family died out and Scots took over?

You don't get the point. Guy was a fucking irrelevant general peasant and got crowned king.

>tfw no Vasa legitimist movement

>Guy was a fucking irrelevant general peasant
He was Bonaparte's marshal, which is about as relevant as you can get during his time without being Bonaparte himself.

No actually the crowns were united because the Stuarts are a bunch of idiots and "died out" themselves.

Who cares about your manlet italian emperor.

His earliest recorded paternal ancestor was a fucking shepherd.
A
FUCKING
SHEEPSHAGGER

I read somewhere that all the current nobility in Europe today, ultimately trace their decent back to Polish princess Świętosława, (mother of King Cnut the Great) who was daughter of Polish King Mieszko I and sister to King Bolesław I (who sent his nephew Cnut some Polish cavalry to help conquer England) and she was married first to Swedish King Eric the Victorious and later, Danish King Sweyn Forkbeard (Cnut’s dad).

>King Mestizo

wtf i like sweden even more now

They do not rule anything.

WE

Ironically he was the best king we ever had.

You forgot the worst part, HE WAS RUSSIAFRIENDLY, HE WAS A BUDDY OF THE CZAR WHO STOLE FINLAND FROM US, OUR ETERNAL FUCKING ENEMY WAS HIS FRIEND

>Danish royal family are Germans.
Source, I'm curious about this one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Oldenburg

danes are just north germans LARPing as scandis

it's north germans that are danes larping as germans

>hungh 10/10 would bust a cnut in her gut

Maybe the Jutes on the peninsula but the islanders are pure Scandis

That just means they're part German, worse yet, now they're becoming part bogan.

Harald Blue Tooth imported Polish mercenaries and labourers to help build his hillforts.

POLE'd

Pretty much all the Scandinavian nobles/royals during this era are heavily disputed (who is related to who, what names they had and if they even existed) and Swietoslawa is no exception so you can't really say for certain that all european nobles trace their decent to her.

Every dynasty begins with a peasant

>That just means they're part German
Dude, not a single dynasty is 100% pure, Bernadotte is actually more German than French since most Swedish kings have had a German queen but the patrineal origin of the dynasty is usually what people value most

In which year

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bernadotte#French_origins

>Ruled

They got little to no power you dumb retard, not only is it the Queen that is the "royal" one the King is out hanging with gangsters in stripclubs. Good bait though you retard.

This.

Got you mad as fuck so of course it is, "retard".

Yeah because choice of words directly corelate to the effect it had in real life. Think further than your nose goes.

The name isn't Swedish, but the current members of House Berdandotte are also descendant from Gustav Vasa, so even ignoring how mundane it is for a foreign dynasty to rule a kingdom, I fail to see what the problem is.

If go far back enough anyone can claim descent from anyone, they just usually don't have the documentation to prove it.
In European (and most historically aristocratic societies in fact) reckoning, descent through the female line is a much weaker claim than the male line. Houses are determined through patrilineal descent from a common male ancestor. Also, only have ancestral records from 1615 is pretty shameful for a European monarch. The House of Hohenzollern, for example, can trace its lineage to as far back as the 11th century.

>Every dynasty begins with a peasant
皇室 is descended directly from Amaterasu.

>If go far back enough
This isn't a question about going back to the 9th century, dude. There's exactly two noble houses today that can claim descent from Gustav Vasa, one of which is Bernadotte, and they have two very clear lines going from Vasa to Carl XVI Gustav, the most direct one (though not the one going through the least number of daughters) being:

>Gustav I of Sweden
>Charles IX of Sweden
>Catherine of Sweden
>Christina Magdalena
>Frederick VII, Margrave of Baden-Durlach
>Charles III William, Margrave of Baden-Durlach
>Charles Frederick, Grand Duke of Baden
>Leopold, Grand Duke of Baden
>Frederick I, Grand Duke of Baden
>Victoria of Baden
>Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden
>Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden

Again, my point was female descent is way less prestigious and does not confer the kind of legitimacy being an agnate would. It is not disputed that the current king descended from Gustav Vasa. The first monarch of the House of Bernadotte, however, was little more than an upjumped burgher and had no blood relations to his predecessor. It's kind of shameful the Swedes supported a dirt blood peasant shilled by Napoleon over someone of more storied lineage.

>It's kind of shameful
No, it isn't. Choosing someone based on his lineage rather than the practicality of which potential alliances his position brings is, to put it simply, retarded. Because the practicality of having a potential alliance with the greatest power on the continent far outweighs having "someone of more storied lineage."

If you just go ahead and choose anyone, even Bjorn the fucking idiot stable boy, then it calls into question all of it. What the fuck does it mean to be a king or an aristocrat? It demeans and erodes the legitimacy of those institutions. Geopolitics be damned, Swedes fucking cucked themselves.

They didn't choose a stable boy though. Jean Bernadotte was of noble descent himself and was adopted by the reigning prince of Sweden. He wasn't just some random French general chosen by the Riksdag after the previous king was already dead.

>Bernadotte was of noble descent himself
Oh yeah?

>King Charles John's first known paternal ancestor was Joandou du Poey, who was a shepherd. He married Germaine de Bernadotte in 1615 in the southern French city of Pau and began using her surname. Through her the couple owned a building there called de Bernadotte.[2]

>A grandson of theirs, Jean Bernadotte (1649–1698), was a weaver.[3]

>Another Jean Bernadotte (1683–1760), his son, was a tailor.[4]

>His son Henri Bernadotte (1711–1780), father of the future Swedish–Norwegian king, was a local prosecutor, from a family of weavers and artisans,[5] who had once been imprisoned for debt.[6][7] This was a modest family which occupied only one floor of the house in a cross street in a popular and peripheral district of Pau.[8]

And he was adopted by the reigning prince of Sweden because of French pressure and the fact that the succession was completely out of his hands because he was fucking senile and decrepit by the end.

Just face it, he was an upjumped peasant LARPing as a noble. Even George Washington was of better descent.

t. gook peasant

t. assblasted Swede

No Swede wants Finland back.

>Pic, from 550-800 Vendel Period

nice dubs c*ckold

>No Swede wants Finland back.
I want picrelated back

t. Underage 5th worlder

That area where there are scattered towns with highest number of Swedish speakers being 20-30%?

Swedish claim to the land falls flat pretty quickly also considering the fact that these individuals still adhere to finnish institution and represent themselves as finns.

TL:DR: Sweden is too shitty even for other swedes.

swedes don't have the guts to truly dominate another country anymore anyway

Then you're probably a Finn living in Sweden.

Please take Åland back

>highest number of Swedish speakers being 20-30%
Highest number is like 80% and all of it used to be 90%

Nope, i am a Swede.

Then you've been affected by Finnish propagandists.

>i want to take territory from finland because i am brainwashed by their propaganda
wut

>Wants to increase chances of population race-mixing with Mongols
No thanks, not worth it.

hiiihiihihiiiihihiihiiihiiiihiiiiiii

Stop with this fucking meme, they are white just like us

Imagine being this upset over who another country chose as King hundreds of years ago.