Why are indigines so butthurt about this man?

Why are indigines so butthurt about this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MshsZPD2aNs&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=k8PQXiJiLOY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Columbus
jacobinmag.com/2014/10/the-real-christopher-columbus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why don't people love subhumans?
Hmm?

>Somethings Coming

It's because of dirty, dumb chicano scum

One sides says de Las Casas blamed Columbus for being a tyrant.
The other says he was supportive of him and most accusations come from his political enemies.

I don't know who to trust to be honest. Ideological war

youtube.com/watch?v=k8PQXiJiLOY

Sorry fucked up second link. Just needed a generic anti-Columbus vid. Basically two sides interpret same sources in different ways and I don't know what to do with it. I haven't read de Las Casas.

All I can say is, do these people realize that he did literally nothing to the natives that lived on this landmass? I get why the West Indies hate him, but we're not them.

Columbus left some Spaniards in America and they fucked up the natives. Why blame him?

yeah but you can't expect 89 iq chicancers to know any better.

What do you expect about eurangutan mongrels.

His interactions painted what future interactions would be in the future and was dick to put it lightly in general to just about everyone and to his superiors.

Gotta admire a man who causes unreal levels of asspain ever 500 years after his death.

Can he be added to the alt rights Mount Edgemore alongside Hitler Manson and the guy who wrote the turner diaries?

Hitler maybe. Nobody gives a shit about Manson and Pierce sadly.

I grew up in Latin America, and never heard something bad about Columbus until I watched that one episode from the Sopranos.

Me too. We actually learnt the lies from Pizarro's records. Yet the consensus actually is quite the opposite.

We don't really care much about him in my country, or part of the country at least; sure, there's a few statues and street names, but they don't really teach that much about him, just the basics pretty much.

They're so historically illiterate and hopped up on leftist bullshit that they blame Columbus for what mainly the actions of those who followed him such as Cortez and Pizarro and ignore the political realities of the time. Such as Spain's alliance with Tlaxcala against the Aztec Empire (who were probably a more reliable ally of Spain than any of their European neighbors).

Have you read what he did more than "discovering" america?

Columbus was more genocidical than either Cortés or Pizarro.Columbus planned on making all of the conquered lands a huge slav farm for genovese merchants and I am not even memeing.Isabel had to step in because he was going full retard

christ i can sorta get the genocide shit but importing slavs? no one deserves that.

Sounds like a real hero. The spanish pussied out and broke their contract. The inqustition started raging right after for whatever bullshit reason they could find to not pay people for their services and steal their shit/

I think he meant slave farm and he's full of shit because Columbus was loyal to the Spanish crown, not to any of the Italian city states of the time.

>The inqustition started raging right after for whatever bullshit reason they could find to not pay people for their services and steal their shit/
The inquisition was not stablished in America in Columbus time and they only judged 500 people in the whole continent in 300 years.Columbus son became the governor of the west indies as well and inherited all his titles btw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Columbus
Genova was the main trade partner of Castille.If you bother to read any source you will see how many Genovese got involve during the first voyages to America.In fact the Genovese community in Seville was key in financing Columbus expedition.Genova was also the biggest fish in the slave traffic at the time.They were also behind the Portuguese slave traffic

jacobinmag.com/2014/10/the-real-christopher-columbus/

>When he arrived on Hispaniola in 1508, Las Casas says, “there were 60,000 people living on this island, including the Indians; so that from 1494 to 1508, over three million people had perished from war, slavery, and the mines. Who in future generations will believe this? I myself writing it as a knowledgeable eyewitness can hardly believe it. . .”

> After a while, Spaniards refused to walk any distance. They “rode the backs of Indians if they were in a hurry” or were carried on hammocks by Indians running in relays. “In this case they also had Indians carry large leaves to shade them from the sun and others to fan them with goose wings.”

Las Casas started as Columbus supporter but flipped. See

Quoting De las Casas about the conquest of America is like quoting fucking Himmler when talking about the holocaust.De las Casas was a well known lyer that wanted to make the American continent a theocracy so he was trying to force the king of Spain to give the control of the continent to the church

Quoting an encomendero who was actually there. You have some crazy ideas, even his enemies like Motolinia confirmed the terrible treatment of the natives.

I'd love to soundly beat whomever was responsible for this senseless and ignorant desecration.

I really need to read the primary sources. All of them. I don't trust jacobin. It's a commie criminal whitewash rag. I'm just confused because people interpret the same sources in different ways.

>be from Latin American country
>Colon, while of course being mentioned as the "discoverer" of America, is not mentioned beyond that, because of course, he didn't do much beyond that

Colon was a IRL cunt and an idiot, but you can't blame the guy because of what happened in America after his death. I mean, yeah sure, you can be mad because of what the Spaniards or whoever did to the Amerindians, but why point at Colon?

Hello /pol/. If you don't like the guy's source, go look it up on infowars. I'm sure you'll find things there that are more palatable to your intellect.

Columbus/Colon didn't do that much. Leftists from America just want to change the C. day to other one.

The argument to change the day is actually valid, as he was a mediocre tyrant for his time.

Yet his work was almost irrelevant when it comes to the detailed consequences. Someone else could have done what he did over there.

I'd just like to point that Columbus was a retard that thought the world was pear shaped.

>commies calling people who hate them nazis

21st century but still the same tactics. You taught us to hate you. I'll try Project Gutenberg thank you.

Here it was called "day of the discovery of America", and leftist made the government change it to "day of the encounter of culture", which actually made a lot of Amerindian people mad. Then again, not only for them, but for a lot of people the colonial era is a controversial issue.

I've recently seen that in many Latin American countries there has been a movement which tries to change what happened from the arrival of the Europeans to the colonial era to a political correct version of what happened. Now, by this I don't mean "fuck europe", but an actual sterile non offensive version of what happened, and of course, completely ridiculous.

>when the Spaniards arrived there was conflict : ^ (
>but then we all learned to live together in peace : ^ )

Look at this shit

I really hope those aren't Incas, as they didn't use bows because they thought those weapons were for savages.

Also, the fucking pic is astounding. jajajajajajajajajajaja

Depends if modern Latin Americans identify with the natives or a mix of Indians and Europeans.
Not that conquest of America was any different from the way all early civilizations were formed.

The problem is that native and non-european discrimination is still widespread. There are people who literally reject the education enhancement projects just because they aren't europeans. The bullying is widespread from childhood, to the workplace. Even my father as a bussinessman faced such shit. The thing is that less natives will reach peak performance with this shit, yet I'm not supporting any specific measure, but the big problem still fucks up people socially.

I think it's supposed to be mapuche.
It's complicated, at least in my country, given that there still are conflicts between indigenous cultures and the nations they're supposed to be part of.

While what happened in America regarding the Europeans happened everywhere else, even in America before, it still is a controversial issue, specially if you are trying to teach it to school/high school kids. Personally, I blame some aspects of modern society, trying to make people believe everything is nice and what not, and trying to impose this contemporary "view" of the world to past events.

>OK kids, now we are going to talk about the 3000 thousands Amerindians the Spaniards killed to scare a town which failed to produce enough beans
>lets talk about the caste system, is not like this classroom is full of people of each group of said system and kids aren't cruel as fuck

Depends of the country, desu, countries like México, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua (ironically where mixed people make up like +90% of the population, there is a lot of racial discrimination regarding the Amerindians. Then in countries like Costa Rica, Panamá and Colombia, more diverse countries in terms of race, there are no much racial conflicts at all (most of them regarding Black people and no Amerindians). Then again, this can be explained regarding the colonial era and how the Spaniards actually implemented the caste system and racial laws on some territories and not in others.

One aspect most people forget, is that most of the racial ideas or racism in Latin America today is not because of the Spaniards and the colonial era, but because of "scientific racism" ideas of the late 19th century, early 20th century. In my country there was a cultural shock because of this, how people during the 19th had no problem using Amerindian symbols as their own and what not, but then after a generation went to Europe to study and came back, Amerindian stuff was basically erased from the government. Similar situation can be seen in very "racists" countries today like México or Argentina.

They're not the butthurt ones, it's all ledditors who've just read Howard Zinn/Lies My Teacher Told Me/the Oatmeal/Cracked for the first time and act like they're the first ones to think this.

an idiot that accidentally became one of the most significant people in the history of the world. while he probably was too harsh on the locals. it was probably exaggerated so the spanish crown could cut him out of their deal.

could be lief erikson, but the icelandic people forgot to tell the rest of europe about vinland.

could you imagine what a icelandic based colonialism would look like?

>but the icelandic people forgot to tell the rest of europe about vinland.
Vinland was meant in part as a refuge for people who wanted to get away from all the war. Which just makes how it ended up even more unfortunate.

Funny that they don't include the treatment of mestizos for centuries after the initial generations.

>there is a lot of racial discrimination
The thing is that the racial discrimination relative comparison doesn't make the other countries look good though. Uruguay and Argentina is full of the same people, but the active discrimination isn't commom due to low native, mongrel, black demographic density on cities.
Peru is another country with slight change, but it's almost the same.

kek

because he was an incredible self-entitled retard, who thought he was smarter than Eratosthenes (which he obviously wasn't); he never got what he deserved which is dying at sea and being eaten by his crew members

> future and was dick to put it lightly in general to

What did he mean by this?

kek
It's the same irrational butthurt that can be found in inbred Southerners crying about muh states rights, muh southern pride and "le south will rise again!!11!!"