Photos

Austrians celebrating their annexation

>Austrians celebrating getting cucked
FTFY OP

They're a sub-tribe of bavarians you moron. Me and my ancestors are 100% german, deal with it.

>flag
Polish people are German?

7 years later

i never said they weren't german, only that they got cucked. As it was, the Nazis tried to eliminate any separate notion of "Austrian" identity as soon as they annexed it.

>implying there was any

About 99%of Austrians wanted to be annexed

Wow, didn't know Austrians are still loyal to Hitler after his death

>Me and my ancestors are 100% german, deal with it.
I highly doubt that. There is no such thing as pure germans as you're mutt trash.

>99% of the vote in a rigged and manipulated election
Amazing

The lead up to the annexation was a cluster fuck with Kurt Schuschnigg growing a spine too late then losing it.

>rigged
I would say go back to /pol/ but they already conquered us

Sorry? I'm not /pol/, where did you get that idea?

not the guy you're responding to but, while the vote was certainly rigged, there's no denying that anschluss had huge support among austrians.

it was rigged and there was mass intimidation on top of that. even the opposition agreed on anschluss eventually but like in the saarland it was a question of biding one's time until they could merge under different circumstances without an autistic nazi overlord.

Citation needed

The Third Reich in Power, Richard Evans f*ggot

a lot of German Austrian didnt give one shit about the state of Austria, and instead cared about their german nation and heritage, so they welcomed the annexation. Remember, this is what Hitler was, a germanic austrian. Mein Kampfs first few chapters shit all over Austria, The Hapsburgs, and even Franz Ferdinand. Its probably bullshit, but Hitler says all germans there hated the country and wanted to be united into Germany, and they also hated all the slavs within the country from the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Oh I'm not denying that there was a genuine majority support
Butto the point where it was 99% as an absolute feeling, I don't buy it.

I'm here for /pol/ LITE VERSION

When you got a gun aimed at you, you comply, simple mathematics. Usually,nobody really wants to die.

Nazi occupation was only special in the fact that it occurred during a time where technology made massacres easier and propaganda more efficient.
>inb4 muh master race
Simply a way to raise troops morale and integrity, pure rhetoric techniques for the young soldiers to feel important and willing to kill. Why give them brains when you can fill their heads with fake ideas and also, drugs. Truly a waste of humanity.

> a lot of German Austrian didnt give one shit about the state of Austria, and instead cared about their german nation and heritage, so they welcomed the annexation.
it's one thing to say this before annexation and when annexation looked like it would solve all of austria's social and economic problems, but afterwards is a different story as nazis tried to eliminate a distinct austrian identity and destroyed the region as a political entity. and before you go hurr durr austria never existed read a history book. Austria has existed as a different cultural and political entity for centuries under the habsburgs and a shared german language does nothing to change that fact. the emphasis on shared germanness (like all nationalisms) is a romantic fiction based more on emotion than actual lived experience. Austrian experience was simply different from experience of germans in the north.

>Remember, this is what Hitler was, a germanic austrian.
Hitler is the worst example possible. Hitler, as a youth especially, was distinct by the very fact that he was a panGerman nationalist. Those were in the minority in AustroHungarian Empire and its one of the reasons he had a falling out with his father, who was a Habsburg loyalist. After WWI, yes, a majority wanted union with Germany, but Nazism changed that and austrian leftists realized that to merge with Germany would be a death sentence (the majority of Vienna and other cities being industrial workers). Middle class nationalists of course wanted German union.

All this said, I'll also point out that Austria produced some of the most virulently antisemitici and die hard nazis, Hitler besides.

Zeal of the convert arguably. As Austrians, they felt a need to prove their loyalty to Germany by being more extreme on every issue.

>99% of voters in a rigged election staged after the SS killed one leader of Austria and sent the other to Dachau