Why is the destruction of Western values seen as a bad thing?

Why is the destruction of Western values seen as a bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

philly.com/philly/opinion/commentary/paying-the-price-for-breakdown-of-the-countrys-bourgeois-culture-20170809.html
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/28/deaths-of-despair-us-jobs-drugs-alcohol-suicide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Western values
name a few

Democracy
Family
Christianity
Tolerance
Community

>Democracy
LOL
>Family
which civilisation didnt value this
>Christianity
ok
>Tolerance
LOL
>Community
read above

Family and Community are present in almost every community, they aren't unique to West
>Christianity
Are Christians in Africa Western? Is Russia Western?
I'd agree with you on Democracy and Tolerance, but most of the time they're just pretty words on paper. IMO greatest trait of Western civilization is individualism.

Because the traditional values, if followed lead to happier people and a happier society.

See this, for example:

philly.com/philly/opinion/commentary/paying-the-price-for-breakdown-of-the-countrys-bourgeois-culture-20170809.html

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/28/deaths-of-despair-us-jobs-drugs-alcohol-suicide

For something to be part of Western values, it does not need to be exclusive to the West. Western values would be the values that the West historically had, even if some of them were similar to those of other places.

So what's your point? The destruction of exclusively western values that no other culture could have, or just the destruction of certain western values that other cultures also have?

A value being exclusively western or not is irrelevant.

this
Western countries are distinct from Africa because of their languages and cultures.
They can still adopt Western values without becoming the same as us.

It's actually a matter of context, as it can be destroyed, yet other culture can still replace it and install such characteristics of the same value. Family, social stratification, etc...

all of those are middle eastern values, not western values

american values are based on eating cheeseburgers and then worshiping god like a pagan with electric guitars and rock music

Because change, except from something entirely evil, is the most dangerous thing of all.

No wise man denies that faith in hebrew mythology is fundamentally a mistake, but there are worse things than christianity lurking in the shadows. Change must be slow and gradual, like standing on the brink of a chasm, like treading on the thinnest ice.

Because Western Values are above all else.

Ah yes, I'd like to live in a society under the values of those Africans who do nothing but rape and kill one another. It's time we get rid of these tiresome Western values.

>superior value
>gets replaced
Hmm...

Probably because what people are trying to replace it with is even worse than what was their before and is somehow just a moronic?
>Muh humanism
>Muh egalitarianism
>Muh athiesm
>Muh consumerism
>Muh post modernism

All complete wank. What funnier is that there are people who think these aren't purely western abstractions, they are western values they just aren't traditional western values and they all assume that anything that is a long held belief is false and nothing more than ad antiquitatem

Why is the celebration of perversity and depravity seen as a good thing?

Because your "moral system" is based on some magic sky fairy, stop being a spook. There is nothing in life but trying to find pleasure. Now if you excuse, I have to log onto leddit.com to bitch about how alone and fake I feel after I binge watch cartoon shows

>Probably because what people are trying to replace it with is even worse than what was their before and is somehow just a moronic?

Zionism?

Because people like Foucault think western civ is for some reason a fraud, and destroying it would somehow be better even though they can't explain why.

Why preserve it? Why not smash it into a million pieces and than drench it in gasoline?

Pic related

I've heard differently.

He's not so much against western civilization as he sort of wants to have it acknowledged as something that effects and has effected our perception of the world.

Foucault was a disgusting human being, inside and out

And communism is the main value of Russia and islam is the value of Sweden, right comrade?