Did real Christianity stop existing from 325-1524? I'm just trying to understand the "logic" of non-Catholics

Did real Christianity stop existing from 325-1524? I'm just trying to understand the "logic" of non-Catholics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3Zhon9Symw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you define "real Christianity" as the teachings of Jesus and the practices of his original followers, it died out around 60-70 or whenever Paul's teachings became ascendent, and has never returned. Protestantism is just another splinter group of Paulianity.

Anyone using that make should kill themselves.

The Catholic Church stopped being able to fulfill the spiritual needs of Europe and its institutions were too rigid to allow any reforms which would meet them.

If Paul so utterly subverted the religion to such an extent as you say, then Jesus' prophecies about the future of the Church were false, meaning that Christianity was never true. But of course you already think that, don't you, you slime-souled little Pharisee?

Reforms like what, female bishops and rainbow pride altar cloths? The main "spiritual need" of Europe at the moment is a rain of fire and brimstone from the heavens.

Essentially they believe Christianity was corrupted during that time and returned to its proper path with the reformation.

This is of course absurd, as their was no truly unified church before that point, and while their were doctrinal differences that were mostly regional, all the major churches had the same or similar internal structure before that point.

Of course there is also which is what most nonreligious scholars on the subject believe in some form or another.

>Jesus founds the Catholic church

LOL

It's worst than that bro. All the 'prophecies' you talk about are part of the doctrine made by the usurper.

There would be an original doctrine, it would be whatever Jesus said when he was walking around. However exactly what that doctrine was is almost impossible to discern. Because all the religious texts we have are written by people that never knew the dude.

The Gospels we have are not written by who they say they were, with the exception of Paul. Although some of the texts attributed to him are considered known forgeries.

What did Paul do wrong?

Tell me about the logic of Christianity.
How am I supposed to know what verses are meant to be literal and not?

Tom O'Golo postulates several key elements were added by Paul to Christian theology that weren't evident in early doctrine/practice. These included:

>Original sin
>Making Jews the villains
>Making Jesus divine
>Transubstantiation of bread and wine into actual flesh and blood
>Jesus' death being seen as atonement for human sin
>Making Jesus the Messiah
>Shifting the emphasis from an earthly to a heavenly kingdom
>Enlarging the chosen people to include anyone who accepted Jesus as Saviour
>Making salvation a matter of belief in Jesus almost regardless of the demands of the Torah
>Establishing a hierarchy (literally a holy order) to create and control a Church and more importantly to create and control the beliefs of its membership.

There have been Christians since Pentecost 32 AD to the present who never bent the knee to Rome, and who managed to not be murdered by Rome.

Unlike 100,000,000 other human beings who failed to not be murdered by "the church of Peter".

"Original sin": Genesis 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Jews the villains: Matthew 27:25 And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”

Jesus being divine: Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Transubstantiation: Pagan nonsense that has no part of Christianity or Paul.

Death being atonement for sin: John 1:29 [ The Lamb of God ] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Jesus the Messiah: John 4 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

Heavenly kingdom: John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

Enlarging the saved: John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Salvation = belief
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Hierarchy to control the church: Literally pagan nonsense with nothing to do with Christianity or Paul.

Nothing above was written by Paul.

Stop reading the work of fools.

All those things were either written after Paul or in the case of Genesis reinterpreted.

Or you're completely ignorant, lying, and have no idea what you're talking about.

>All those things were either written after Paul

Your claim was that Paul added elements to Christianity that should not be there.

Your patently weak excuse notwithstanding, your claim fails for lack of evidence.

>Making Jesus the Messiah
How did his followers see him if not as the messiah?
>Transubstantiation of bread and wine into actual flesh and blood
>Shifting the emphasis from an earthly to a heavenly kingdom
Would you care to expand on that?
>Jesus' death being seen as atonement for human sin
What's the point of Christianity if his death is in vain?

Given your answers about muh paganism I think you're a protestant, how do you explain Matthew 16:18-19?

Read commentaries, I.e. the source of nearly all christian belief.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3Zhon9Symw

Petros is not the petra.

The foundation is God, the Rock. Not Peter, the pebble.

In 1 Corinthians 10:4, Jesus is the petra.

>Jesus founds the Catholic Church

lolno

This argument is bad. God waited thousands of years or millions if you aren't a biblical literalist to reveal Jesus.

Why do brainlets ignore the fact that the art of oral transmission of knowledge remained widespread until the invention of the printing press? Even 200 years after Jesus's death, at the time it would have been nothing that people simply memorized the teachings before writing them down.

What's the problem with female bishops?

>Christian Science Church - Boston
>It was developed in 19th-century New England by Mary Baker Eddy, who argued in her book Science and Health (1875) that sickness is an illusion that can be corrected by prayer alone.
Fucking Americans.

how retarded does one have to be to be a christian? Why would you consume the bible instead of studying it in its historical context and in its symbolism? And if you do that why would you limit yourself to just this one religion. I legitimately dont get it.

Yes, I do, also Jesus was a pharisee, or close to them, he seems to have been especially fond of Hillel the elder.

it was the later goy christians, ignorant and living completely outside the Jewish context of Jesus' mission who confused them and represented sadducees as pharisees in the gospels.

53 times God is the petra.

The Catholics cling to Matthew for their entire basis for authority, and that basis is false.

I'm not sure that believing one religion in any way precludes studying others, nor studying the historical context or symbolism of your own.

You would be capable of, if anything, barely scratching the surface of what is in the bible.

The purpose of being a Christian is to explore its infinite depth, width, and scope.

There are none so blind as those who (((will not see))).

>Jesus expands his teachings to goys
>This is what the Pharisees want
Why are Jews so neurotic?

Jesus never actually preached to any goyim in his lifetime.

Their system of impossible rules to follow drives them mad.

>What are centurions.

>After Jesus[a] had finished all his sayings in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 A centurion there had a slave whom he valued highly, and who was ill and close to death. 3 When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him, asking him to come and heal his slave. 4 When they came to Jesus, they appealed to him earnestly, saying, “He is worthy of having you do this for him, 5 for he loves our people, and it is he who built our synagogue for us

He was a friend of the Jews

Byzantine Syria WAS the intellectual center of christianity.

>is it compatible with modern and reasonable consensus about x topic?

>if so, take literal

>if no, just a metaphor bro

Is that such a surprise to you? Also, he was not the only centurion Jesus performed a miracle for. In fact, Jesus praised one centurion as having more faith than any Jew.

Also, the woman with the sick daughter was a gentile; also, the woman at the well was a gentile, and Jesus revealed himself to her, first, as the Messiah. In fact, the only place you will see Jesus say "I am the Messiah", is to the woman at the well in Samaria, with the 5 husbands and live-in boyfriend.

While Jesus came to call the Jews to Himself, that is not Christianity.

That was the time for the Jews to hail their Messiah, and crown Him King. And they failed, hard.

First rule is to take it literally.

If it makes zero sense literally, like Jesus saying "I Am the door", and Jesus is not a door, take it metaphorically.

If Jesus says the Kingdom of God is like a lump of dough that leaven works through, take it as a simile.

If John the Revelator says that the false prophet speaks with the voice of the dragon, take it symbolically. And the bible will explain the symbols, in all cases.

Sick architechture though

Now THAT'S how you maximize an odd shaped lot.

Comes with a neat pool.

Though, like most things in Boston, it shaped the lots around it. That's why we have all these twelve-way intersections, and historical monuments surrounded by skyscrapers on every side.

Sweet little rose window.

I wonder if you've ever read the Bible

no, if something was added after Paul had popularized his ideas, it stands to reason they were influenced by them.

All those books, besides Genesis were written after Paul wrote his letters to various Christian communities

>there's nothing inbetween Genesis and the New Testament

Didn't he call them dogs?

did you even read the post I was referring too? All the examples he gave but one were from the new testament

IIRC The filthy Prods believe the Catholic Church originally was "authentic Christianity", but threw it away when they placed tradition ahead of scripture. (This is usually the part where Catholics claim they give tradition and scripture equal weight; despite the Catechism teaching that scripture is merely the product of tradition, just like rosaries and confession).

And of course you have massive evidence that this happened.

That tens of thousands of manuscripts from dozens of countries all made the exact same insertions and deletions.

did not one of the dogs say that even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the children's table?

And was she not rewarded for her faith, and her daughter instantly healed?

No, Christians don't think that at all. Not any who have studied the history of the RCC.

It was never Christian.

Roman catholic church wasn't the one that composed the scriptures. That was the Christian church.

>Someone hasn't kept up with their reading
>Claiming to follow an idea that operates from the western world
educate yourself.

They believed Jesus was the messiah, NOT God.

The messiah isn't supposed to be a divine being born from a virgin, he should be a regular human descendant of King David from HIS FATHER'S SIDE, and who will free the Jews from oppression.

Yep, they're called Eastern/Oriental Orthodox Christians.

That's funny because those times were pretty much the Golden Age of Christianity. Then came proddies with their worshipping of capitalism, materialism, statism and liberalism and ruined christanity and the western civilization empowering the jew.

Pic related "not real christians".

show me where jesus condoned anything the crusaders did

>Catholics kill Christianity
>Shit all over the legacy of Christ
>"Lmao did Christianity just stop existing!!"

Go back to your coke-fuelled pederast orgies you fucking Satanist cannibal faggot

At least they were defending christians from turkish persecution in the Holy Land.

Now show me where Jesus condoned America's war in Irak.

Luke 22:36

>that Luther portrait
everytime

This. Paul was a mistake.

That architecture is GOAT. 10/10

>Why would you consume the bible instead of studying it in its historical context
History is bunk.

>The church couldn't reform
>What is Torquemada
>What is Trent

The same problem with married priests. It's very hard to maintain your vow of celibacy when you share the altar with the opposite sex.

trent happened after the reformation had already kicked off full-swing, a belated attempt to address issues that had been stewing for centuries after they had already caused a schism.

The problem with female bishops, according to the church, is that the church's power rests on apostolic succession, and the apostles rejected the ordination of women, so even if they wanted to they dont have the power to change it

byzantine church was healthy and thriving even when rome fell, so no gap in Christianity

"Real Christianity" was just one of many Jewish messianic cults that existed at the time. It would've probably vanished from history as well if not for Paul and all the gentiles he brought into it.

There were always splintering views throughout the entirety of Christian history. Modern revisionist act like the Reformation was the first split ever.

For the 3rd time this month pic related

Or you could use the non-retarded gender-neutral politically correct diagram.

>God creates world six billion years ago
>for some reason only decides to create people who worship him within the last ten thousand or so
Really makes you think