Charlemagne's throne

>Charlemagne's throne
so..... this is the power... of western europe.. whoa...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ihD3__Nm8qA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Xiaokangzhang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Xiaozhuang
books.google.com/books?id=Wn4iv_RJv8oC&pg=PA58&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like a toilet

>Battle of Tours.tapestry

Times were hard

we wuz romans and shit nigga stfu

I don't see anything wrong with his throne.

hella fine marble in the bg tho

It was probably surrounded by some other stuff, but that's the perfect throne - not ostentatious, still elevated on a dais with some steps for the lads to walk up and kiss your ring, looks relatively comfy without the luxury of cushions, symbolic of the age of iron you govern in instead of displaying the enervation of an age of gold. Compare it to Louis XVI's.

As always the men of Han do it better.

looks like the chairs at my local ching chong buffet desu

it must have been a pain in Charlemagne's ass

I'm going to assume it was covered in gold and shit before they looted it?

No, this is

youtube.com/watch?v=ihD3__Nm8qA

Will there ever be a more badass sword name than Joyeuse?
Follow up question, will it also be wielded by a manlet schlub?

>Charlemagne
>manlet

He was famously tall, at least 6 feet tall, way above the average guy at that time. Go back to r9k.

Source, preferably one that isn't quasi-arthurian dicksucking.
I'd believe it, I just went off the assumption he wqs a manlet like everyone at that time, but I need source.

Dear christ I need sleep. Can anyone explain everything about postear japan to me so I can get some?

Only someone who's a useless dirty fat bastard would complain.

You don't need a shiny throne when you're out on the field wrecking the fuck out of Italians and Saxons

I remember Seneca writing about the villa where Scipio Africanus lived (which Seneca visited). It was very simple and rustic and Seneca used it to praise Africanus.

>byzantine diplomats mistake Charlemagne's palace for a horse stable

How much does the PRC pay you to shill and shitpost on Veeky Forums all day?

A grower, not a shower.

Still ballin'.

This is what a real throne looks like.

>when you're not playing for prestige points in ckii

>No rockets.
2/10

Are you really this dense that you can't even concede someone has a better chair?

oh

>doesn't fit his own throne

lmao

>qing emperors
>han

Has there ever been a king who hung around in his throne room with scantily clad woman around him all day?

>men of Han

That's Kangxi di my nigga that's a manchu

>PRC pays people to speak positively about emperors

There was probably cushioning and maybe some brass accents or something like that.

seconding this question
I mean there must have been, right? but I've never heard of any

Funny enough,Kangxi was only 1/4 Manchu.

Though East Asian cultures are largely patrilineal so this wouldn't matter to his contemporaries.

>Kangxi was only 1/4 Manchu

no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Xiaokangzhang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Xiaozhuang
The Qing royal family had no problem with Mongols and Han bannermen consorts.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Xiaokangzhang
>her family was of Jurchen descent

Just because they LARPed as Hans doesn't make them so

>Xiaozhuang was of Mongol descent

So from what I see here, not a drop of Han blood is present. I'm sure there was, but it was definitely a small minority, I'd say Kangxi was 20% han at absolute most.

>Just because they LARPed as Hans doesn't make them so
Read up on Pamela Crossley's works,the Tong clan fabricated their Jurchen lineage for social mobility. The Tong of Fushun were descended from Tong Dali not from Mongke Temur.

>So from what I see here, not a drop of Han blood is present. I'm sure there was, but it was definitely a small minority, I'd say Kangxi was 20% han at absolute most.
He was 1/4 Manchu,1/4 Mongol and 1/2 Han.

Likewise,the Qianlong Emperor had a Han bannermen mother but under his reign Manchu identity strengthened.

>hexagram
really made me think

>the Tong clan fabricated their Jurchen lineage for social mobility.

Interesting. Was this a common thing among the aristocrats? I wonder how widespread this was.

Also, got a link to Crossley's work that investigates this?

Caligula
but he also fucked men so I dunno

>Was this a common thing among the aristocrats?

I've heard that the Tokugawa likely forged their lineage to lay claim to the Shogunate. So perhaps, most common in East Asia?

Yeap. It's not like Europe where your matrilineal descent gives you a fraction of your maternal ancestor's prestige. In the East, your male lineage determines your social status. It makes it harder to break into the ranks of the elite.

>Interesting. Was this a common thing among the aristocrats? I wonder how widespread this was.
Tracing noble ancestry or kinship with contemporaries sharing the same surname wasn't exactly uncommon. Liu Yuan,Liu Yan and Liu Zhiyuan weren't considered ethnic Han but all three claimed to be scions of the Imperial Liu clan.

>books.google.com/books?id=Wn4iv_RJv8oC&pg=PA58&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false
The whole book is a good read but pages 84-86 details the founder of the lineage Fushun Tong lineage.

Unlike the Li lineage however,there is no record that Tong Dali migrated from Jurchen territories or that he was an ethnic Jurchen.

You have to remember that the borders of Liaodong/Jilin/Northern Korea was porous and different ethnic groups can come and go as they please(see transfrontiermen).

To the Han and the Jurchen/Manchus socio-political status and culture were far more important than actual ancestry i.e. Liaodong Han with Jurchen forebearers or Jurchens with Han ancestors.

western europe wasn't built in a day

>implying it wasn't poached from Roman marbles, most likely a shitting seat from a public bathroom

they were more caring of status and finery than power, wisdom, and strength

and where are the Byzantines now?

>implying xi jinping isn't angling to establish an emperor cult

Too many disparate party chiefs to attempt that, especially those in charge of Tier 1 cities and economic zones or associated with regional cliques that promote each other's goals

The same place Charlemagne is in, dustbin of history.

t. gommie

>not taking a dense shit while hearing petty appeals from provincial lords

Not a commie. All of Charlemagne's legacy has been burned to a crisp by a bunch of jacobins on the barricades of Paris, so asking "where are the Byzantines now" is pretty retarded.

The idea of a European Union proves that Charlemagne is still relevant.

>an economic union of secular, atheist bureaucratic republicans hellbent on celebrating homosexuality and importing niggers
>in any way related to Charlemagne other than existing on the same territory

I said the idea not the EU itself.

That's the entire idea behind it.

i mean, the chinese emperors also had to contend with all sorts of particular interests too. what's to say its not in their interest in this case?

The idea is a general idea of a European identity not the EU specifically.

European identity dates back to the people who invented the concept of Europe itself - the Greeks.

But Karl made it more than a concept, he made it his kingdom.

>Germany, France and Belgium = all of Europe

That is more than the Greeks ever managed.

Stop baiting.

That is not an argument.

Neither is what you said.

That's the whole point. Instead of some rich boy king Charlemagne was a warrior king from a line of warrior kings who overthrew the last warrior kings by winning wars. He was more happy eating spit roasted pork, drinking and listening to poems than wasting coin. Any gold he did have went into building massive churches to display his legitamacy

My argument is that Karl realized more of the European idea than the Greeks did.

>recycling is bad
eh

what about the Romans?

>what a REAL X looks like
>Conan

Conan isn't even good fiction. Every story is the same.

Couldn't they atleast have taken some precautions when they made the back cushion? That uneven pattern is a serious eye-sore.

nice video game music, faggot