Complaining about Eurocentrism as if it's some widespread issue despite it not being present in mainstream Western...

>complaining about Eurocentrism as if it's some widespread issue despite it not being present in mainstream Western historiography for over 5 decades. .

But is talking about the holocaust instead of the belgian congo eurocentric?

>not being present in mainstream Western historiography for over 5 decades. .
Ask the average American to name a French or English king and they could probably get a few. Ask them to name a single Chinese or Indian Emperor and they'll just stare blankly.

>Ask the average American to name a French or English king and they could probably get a few.
They could probably name queen Victoria and Elizabeth (no numbers), King Henry (no numbers) and that's about it. Maybe some Geroge as well. French Kings? No. Most Americans would probably recognize Chinese dynasty names (Ming, Qin, Han) which is more than you can say for Europe.

Who gives a fuck what someone not educated on a field has to say? Obviously any average chink would not know about french kings.

The majority of Americans could name Louis XIV or Napoleon.

They could definitely name William the Conqueror, Richard the Lionheart, and George III.

For France, they could obviously name Napoleon.

Complaining about western countries being eurocentric is like complaining about China being sinocentric, only leftists cuckolds think this is an issue.

>Who gives a fuck what someone not educated on a field has to say?

Somebody who cares more about strawman than nuance analysis.
You have way too much faith in the average Americans knowledge on any historical subject. I went to highschool with people who didn't even know who the 5 main allies and 3 main axis powers were in WW2.

Should I as a Hungarian feel offended that the average Chinaman doesn't know shit about Hungarian, or even Russian or Scandinavian history? It's weird how ignorance is bad only when Europeans do it but everyone else doing it is completely fine.

Of course not.

>complaining about Eurocentrism while unnironicaly suppporting "Pan-Europa"

>ITT: I dunno how to bring Eurocentrism up properly.
Its pretty valid if you're studying world history and act like other, non-western actors only showed up once westerners met them.

If you're studying about European history and complain about Eurocentrism, thats where the stupidity comes out.

>Its pretty valid if you're studying world history and act like other, non-western actors only showed up once westerners met them.
Never seen this in my life.

You shouldn't because your country was and still is irrelevant.

It happens a fuckton user.

where?

It's more that things like the "dark ages", while not only untrue, ignores what was going on in the east at the time even though they were doing great.

Pretty easy to name French kings
LOUIS ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE TEN ELEVEN TWELVE THIRTEEN FOURTEEN FIFTEEN SIXTEEN

It's more that things like the "the waring states period", ignores what was going on in the east at the time even though they were doing great.

seriously, you strike me as one of those retards who's shocked to find out projecting a spherical earth on a 2d surface distorts the image.

Except all general history education begins with Sumeria and Egypt thousands of years before westerners even existed, so fuck off and stop making shit up.

>complaining about a western country teaching predominately western history

wew lad

That's kind of the point. The world learns about France and America because they are relevant to world history, nobody gives a shit about China outside of China itself. It's an irrelevant country, historically speaking.

easy b8 m8

It's not bait at all, you're just an idiot without a proper retort so you call everything bait. If you have 4000 years of history and the only things you've influenced the world with was "muh gunpowda and paper mufugga", then yeah you're pretty much irrelevant to world history.

And king James.

Americans are stupid. My knowledge in Chinese and Indian history is pretty basic but I can still name a few.

China was the richest, most powerful empire for large parts of human history.

>was "muh gunpowda and paper mufugga",
Tbf that's pretty fucking huge.

>feel offended that the average Chinaman doesn't know shit about Hungarian,
No because Hungary is a meme country.
>or even Russian
Yes because Russia is a influential country.
>or Scandinavian history?
No because Scandinavia is a meme.

China has always been there throughout history and been respected by nearly every empire from Rome to the modern age. Saying you don't know the basics about an ancient place that consists of a large percentage of humanity is pretty ignorant.

>Hungary and Scandinavia are memes
spotted the brainlet.