YRYL: Architecture edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqTNJhKnLuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

London is a hideous city.

Agreed. It wasn't always though. Sad..

Why does everyone post Bishopsgate?

Is this supposed to be upsetting or something

Only if you care about history and wan't buildings to be aesthetic.

It kind of was, before WW2 and especially before WW1 it was full of slums and most of the city looked like fucking Detroit or Africa, then during WW2 it got bombed a lot and after WW2 is when they started building all those brutalist and postmodern monstrosities.

I fall into both categories

Then yes, it should leave you with a unsettled feeling of disgust.

Well, I'm not a massive faggot, so I don't

Not him but wrapping a historical building in giant LCD monitors is the pinnacle of eye rape and barbarism.

It's historical but don't pretend like it was anything special architecturally. If it was like Versailles you'd have a point, but it isn't

>postmodern architecture

Well why did you click on this thread? Just go back to watching Rick and Morty.

Anything from Frank Gehry is JUST tier

Versailles is actually far uglier.

>Let's make it look shitty and old just as soon as we build it
>let's make this building as hostile to its visitors as possible
Is brutalism the most retarded architectural school in history?

>Frank Owen Gehry, born Frank Owen Goldberg
I'm shocked.

>Well why did you click on this thread?
Didn't know what a yryl is (I don't frequent /b/) and there are no other threads of any value on this board

Checked.. But you sir are wrong. Versailles is aesthetically magnificent.

at least you admit you're retarded
that's not brutalism

lurk more nufag

Is it in France? Yes? Then it's ugly.

>Didn't know what a yryl is
>there are no other threads of any value on this board
You can always go you know where

Sorry i don't waste my time on /b/

>pretending like Veeky Forums isn't shit
and ive never been to reddit and never plan on it

>Berg

I would say that Veeky Forums really is shit, mostly thanks to people like you though.

that's probably where the cuck came from.

I mostly just lurk here. This board is going to shit because, like Veeky Forums, it's just becoming a place where self identified intellectuals go instead of people who actually study history

Yeah.
>His father was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Russian Jewish parents, and his mother was a Polish Jewish immigrant.
Look at this shit, can you conceive any reason why this catastrophic faggot keeps getting contracts?

>admits spending more than 5 seconds on Veeky Forums which is literally r*ddit: the board
Shocking

I don't go on Veeky Forums anymore and it's clear you never have been there either

Vacate the thread already redditor.

That is absolutely horrid.
No doubt that is the only thing guaranteeing him contracts.

Your arguments are getting more pathetic as time goes on

Whats it supposed to be?

I'm not using arguments, I'm telling you to fuck off.

And I'm saying no

This
why not listen to reason and amscray?

How is it hideous?

Can you name a more hideous city in the west? I can only think of Berlin which is the way it is because communists just spammed commieblocks there.

Lost immediately

Why would I?

Too many different styles of architecture occuring all at once, none of which blend well together

Imagine Brazil but with shitty weather, this is it

>Bruh, like, what even is a building that looks good supposed to be like anyways
>*hits bong*
I fucking had contemporary architecture

Hey, that's in my city lol

>commieblocks and mosques in one
Only in Britain

No arguments here. Shit's been ugly even before the 20th century.

Brutalism makes me physically cringe.

If you actually live in a city you see hundreds of old buildings a day and when you see a modern building it just stands out.

>brutalism
>postmodern
then again you are most likely a weeb and being ignorant of art history is kind of given with your sort of people

>that widowmaker

I used to live about 100metres from that building. It's supposed to be fully eco-friendly or some shit.

Brutalism isn't postmodern but stop sperging out like he made some critical mistake. Both brutalism and post WW2 modernism are total shit anyway.

So why don't you comission architects to design buildings thay you find pretty? Oh wait you're just poorfags who want to tell other people what to do with their money

(((You)))

Most people who complain about this shit don't know anything about construction or architecture and just want soulless copies of old buildings. They must love that copy of Paris that the chinese built

damn it all looks totally random
like bunch of different peeps were given bunch of cash and told to go full hog

are people really defending non-traditional architecture?

>traditional architecture
>picture of some pastiche late 19th century romanticist garbage

>its another episode of architecturally illiterate /pol/niggers sperging about MUH DRADITIONALISM and jerking off over 19th century facades
reminder that glass facades are more aesthetic and more pleasant to work in

If you've ever been in one of those glass-covered plazas you'll know they're LOUD AS FUCK from all the echoing. The super-ordaned facades were supposed to be luxury appartments but because of the noise they turned into basically sweatshops.

Here's a documentary on this particular one.
youtube.com/watch?v=uqTNJhKnLuI

Depends on what you end up seeing. If it's brutalist architecture and shit weather it will crank your sudoku urges up to eleven.

My professors hated the 19th century aesthetic too. The fact it makes these subhuman intelliguanas butthurt proves there must be something good about it.

>copy of Paris
Just by trying to emulate Paris you get closer to beauty than with brutalist shit.

Most of these are really beautiful tho.
>HURR its not a box so its ugly

I mean what? These are all interesting to look at.

Looks like a giant prison tower.

Imagine being this proud of being stupid and ignorant.

It's understandable, knowing how he "works". He draws few lines on a post-it paper, then a battalion of designers tries to make it look acceptable, him saying "Mmh, yes...Mmh, yes, yes...", then an army of engineers tries to figure how the fuck the thing could be built. He's just one of these "contemporary artists" who shit in a room and call it art, and because rich idle faggots manage to find it stunning the shit now costs a million dollar.
And these buildings are even worse inside, if you need to pee you'd better pee in a bottle because you'll never find the toilets in time.

>I want to be better than Zahia Hadid but I have no talent, the starting kit.

ha, i know exactly what this building is. i loathe it.

Is this literally that one hotel in Vegas?

>let's have a huge glass dildo in the background for no reason

>Your dying time has any value
Truest irony

Do you know the definition of the word?

You don't know what brutalism even is

Brutalism is shit.

>Is it in France? Yes? Then it's ugly.
Is that a new kind of logical fallacy ?

A building.

are you saying brutalism DOESN'T look hostile, alienating and ugly?

The thing you responded to wasn't brutalism

are u retard? srsly that you think is postmodernism?

for most people, postmodern means anything after 1900 that I don't like

you reeee you lose?

I honestly really like this, it's looks like a medieval tower. Just needs to be cleaned up, maybe a different facade over the concrete

>tfw 90% of my education was spent in godawful brutalist architecture
Probably one of the reasons why I high-tailed it out of academia.

also the fact that you're probably retarded, as proven by the fact you post here

But you're posting here too?

I'm a final year architecture student at Cal poly(whole extended family is in urban design and construction) and all of this shit disgusts me