Thoughts on Carl Jung? Is he basically just Freud part 2: electric boogaloo?

Thoughts on Carl Jung? Is he basically just Freud part 2: electric boogaloo?

He is autism

Yeah, basically. Despite nearly a century of tedious work done as objectively as humanly possible (meaning not objective at all, ever) in various fields like psychology, neurology, physics, and chemistry, and biology, we are still not fit to make any definitive laws regarding human behavior or difinitive diagnosis of mental illness. Basically, through endless case studies, behavioral/pharmacological experiments on people and animals, (more recently) gene mapping, electro-chemical analysis of the brain, mapping neural networks, and even weird highly theoretical experimental studies into the physical nature of consciousness itself as an entirety separate energetic force or electromagnetic field that our brains pick up like a ham radio, with each individual's differing neural network making them tune into it in a different way, we still don't have any real quantitative answers to how the mind works. We can tell what parts of the brain are responsible for actions like speech, balance, recognition, etc, we spot deficiencies of activity or defective/misshapen lobes in certain areas of the brain, and we can through some tests detect imbalanced (as far as we know) amounts of different neurotransmitters.

Yet despite everything, no drug or combination thereof has yet to find cures for any mental illness or anything close to improving the natural human disposition of constant suffering and desire.

These two things that have kept our species alive and vibrant during pre-historic times, but now seem to only lead to greed, violence, excess, brutality, and any number of long-term mental states of being that are unpleasant enough/too unfit for happiness today that they are considered illnesses without any actual mental retardation or acute psychosis being involved.

We know a ton that ultimately yields a conclusion that we know nothing fundamental/difinitive about how electrochemical reactions cause human consciousness and an awareness of our inernal/external selves

> but now seem to only lead to greed, violence, excess, brutality, and any number of long-term mental states of being that are unpleasant enough/too unfit for happiness today that they are considered illnesses
Maybe that's because we're trying to suppress them?

So in conclusion, the bookI just wrote you says in short that any psychoanalyst to ever exist will ultimately have all their theories knocked down one by one until the day a conscious human somehow gains a fundamental understanding of consciousness itself. I can't be positive, but I think I smell a paradox in what I just said there. So sit tight and quit while you're ahead if you have an existential crisis and/or looking for an ultimate philosophy, religion, or daily regimen that will cure you of all your fears and suffering. Please do read just about anything for the sake of education and the hope that there is an ultimate reason for existing in contentedness, even if the reason for existence is existence itself. More importantly, don't be a nihilist. If you are, kill yourself now or go on a stealing/looting/raping/killing binge to satisfy all your base desires and then kill yourself. Just don't do any of the above actions to me, my loved ones, and preferably anyone that doesn't deserve (No one deserves it)

CLEAN YOUR ROOM JUNG MAN

No shit, guy. What do you think I was insinuating when I said that not suppressing ancient and primal animal desires to thrive in modern society can lead to long-term states of suffering despite any actual retardation or psychosis?

Some people have not been genetically pre-disposed to the amount of patience, compromise, injustice, or weakness that allows others to thrive in cosmopolitan life. If society ever collapses even in one city for a short period of time, (think new Orleans right after Katrina) those more predisposed to survival at any cost are going to stomp on the others and would likely form into competing factions fighting for the suddenly very scarce resources

Tbh I stopped reading as soon as I had something to post

Even in completely resource abumdant cities there are still violent factions in constant competition for power and easy cash even if they're doing some disgusting shit that society at large agrees is morally reprehensible like selling child sex slaves to get what they want

It happens

I did it with your second post as well, and I'd do a third time if you had typed more than two words. You can't keep a tiger in his cage. The tiger he destroyed his cage. Yes, YES! The tiger is out!

I have extremely low IQ level. Is there something in my diet I am missing?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had plenty of friends from high school that were legitimately dumb, no offense to them but they just were not sharp. Regardless, as long as they had the work ethic to complete assignments, turn in all homework, and pass tests, (Even if they needed a person to study with them and literally spoonfeed them several times until they understood) pretty much all of them graduated, many on honor roll whilst I with my IQ of 136 barely graduated with a shit GPA. some teachers said I wasn't using my potential. Others said I was being challenged enough and therefore was naturally too bored and frustrated to meet deadlines or turn in homework they knew I understood fully well. I always passed tests with good grades though. Truth is, my high school was a joke, had a 60% drop out rate, horrible scores on those standardised national tests, & some of the lowest funding in the country. I was really doing dumb shit. Examples: skipping classes to smoke pot with my friends, just being a pothead in general, drinking on the weekends, or hanging with one of like four girlfriends I had that lasted longer than 6 months.
I was a late bloomer. I was tall but overweight, picked on constantly, huge geek/nerd, no self esteem/social skills, and a baby face. By 9th grade I'd lost 80 lbs, I was fit, confident, clever, and my chubby baby face turned into a masculine firm-jaw, high cheekbone fancyman. So obviously I was taking full advantage of this and putting my potential into stupid shit like girls, weed, and being popular instead of grades. (Cont)

(Continued)

Getting laid with vain, attractive girls that I was a total non-person to a year and some change before seemed like a huge deal when I was 15. It was nice to get some pussy and felt great to turn down girls that used to pick on me, you know, redemption or whatever.

I tested into the top 2% of people tested in the world, and I was too immature and busy enjoying girls & popularity when I shoulda just done some fucking homework now and then

First semester of university, studying mechanical engineering. I got a scholarship for 4 years tuition only because I scored high on the ACT exam and had a high IQ. (Cont)

(Cont)
Things are cool for a while because I genuinely enjoy learning, and I got most of the lust for pretty girls and skipping class to do fun or adventurous crap out of my system in high school once I had the now very obvious epiphany that I was only doing it because on the inside I was still an insecure fat 12 year old that only liked to read and play counter strike competitively with my clan so I put all my potential into making sure I was well liked by a bunch of random dicks that I didn't even know.
My serious (at the time) girlfriend and I even ran as prom king/queen as a joke because the principal hated me and my best friend and everyone thought it would be funny if I won. My girlfriend was a model student, hot, and genuinely nice. I was an ass, I had shit grades, and was a known deliquent pothead to the staff, and no surprises here, the prom committee banned me from being a candidate. My girlfriend won queen, and some poor cancer survivor who was a nice guy despite his ordeal worked hard to catch up in classes he missed and get back into basketball deservingly was voted king. I was in the lead by far in votes before they banned me, and I'm glad they did. I was a fuckup just running to troll the principal.

Anyways, I lost my scholarship for failing a class and then dropped outta school with 2 more years to go for my bachelor's degree to move 1000 miles away. I haven't gone back to school yet. So here's me, dont drink or smoke pot anymore at least, but I got the genius level IQ dropout with a shit job, haven't made friends since the move, haven't had a girl in 3 years, and just several months until I'm 25.
(Cont)

Yes, and as such you should discard his ideas and everyone who ever scams you into thinking the personality test based on his theories are the least bit valid.

Real scientists stick to the Big Five or something similar.

Continued...

Remember those legitimately dumb kids that had a handle on their priorities, balancing school work and fun, always doing their homework? All have degrees and jobs. IQ doesn't mean you're even dumb. It just measures crap like abstract/critical thinking. Remember, you do the work and keep your priorities right, you'll do fine. If by any chance you're a late bloomer coming into your own, watch out for trying to change who you used to be just to get revenge pussy or to have random strangers like you. It feels nice to be liked and get girls, but that shit gets old quick once your teen hormones even out.

As for your diet, try for more protein in the mornings with some good fatty acids and some carbs to keep your energy up. Lack of food in the morning definitely can cause sluggishness and apathy. Taking a multivitamin plus a B complex and an omega-3 supplement life krill or fish oil is good for the brain. Supplements that actually work can get real pricey though. Not sure if this is BS or not but I've read whey and soy protein isolates don't get metabolized for shit and they contain xeno-estrogens (female hormones that are foreign to your body) which supposedly can have bad effects on young men.

Also, there are different types of IQ tests out there, maybe another will suite you better? Plus you can always read, play sudoku, chess, easy math problems, physical exercise, and so on to sharpen mental acuity. I've passed calculus in college with a B, but it's been so long that I'll be totally screwed when I go back to school if I don't practice and study beforehand. Math is the opposite of riding a bike, you'll always forget it unless you keep yourself familiar with it. Just like learning a second language. I spent years working around Mexicans before I learned Spanish, and now that I have no one to speak it to on a daily basis, I forget tons of things, even basic grammar

>tfw psychoanalysis has been vindicated by history

Disagree with a lot of this.

There are constantly new models being created that get better and better at explaining the observations about our minds, including explaining the hows and whys of mental illness. They are still very rough of course, but psychology is a young and difficult science.

"consciousness" itself is still a mystery, but I think it should become more comprehensible once we know a lot of the bread and butter functions of the brain.

>The tiger he destroyed his cage. Yes, YES! The tiger is out!
magnificent, who are you quoting?

if you want to get technical she was Freud part two

Jung was more like the 1st protestant reformation of Psychoanalysis

Why don't you just go back to school and make money?

Seriously this guy can never improve his IQ, you can pretty easily improve your life.

Honestly, if he's on Veeky Forums I doubt his IQ is that bad anyway. Probably just a shit test. Carl Jung threads are not where you'd expect to find anyone sub-110.

I want to Edipo her envy

autism is cool, fag

You sound deranged. Do you have ADD?

it's from a poetry book written by kids
there's something about a rocket in the title
ask Veeky Forums, they know

I thing Jung is bette than Freud because he was the first one able to elaborate a theory about the unconscious after having getting some kind of analysis himself
I also feel that he was mostly right when he made all the links and analogies he made related to worldwide cultures, while Freud was mostly too 'western' and even almost 'victorian' to be universal and accurate
sorry for the clumsy english

(OP)
The Jungian method is basically the same as Freud's (dream analysis, uncovering the subconscious, revealing repressed desires or ideas etc.) but Jung believed Freud was too reductionist, tracing back almost everything to sex and relationships to one's parents. Jung found that a lot of the complexes people experience cannot be traced back to sex, and that people come with various other aspects that shape their psyche.

Another difference is that Freud was more about personal psychology while Jung went into social psychology, and from there, religion, comparative mythology and so on. Look up his ideas of individuation where he connects those things, it's quite interesting.

Well, what you are saying is essentially the same conclusion I posted, if you read the whole thing. I don't ever say we know nothing of how the brain works that we have no insight into behavioral patterns. In fact, I said we have ton of information relevant to brain functions from multiple fields of study collected over the last century. Yet despite all of that, we cannot make a single difinitive law or proven truth about how to define human consciousness, or how it works on a fundamental level.

That's why I was telling him that I've seen legitimately unintelligent people succeed where I have failed despite my high IQ score. I don't really care what his IQ is, because I absolutely recognize that the odds of someone that's real slow in the head spending their free time reading about and discussing history & humanities are pretty damn slim. So I assumed that at worst he is of average intelligence and can succeed in life if his priorities and mental health are in order.

As to why I don't finish school and make money, well, it's just not that simple. I'm recovering from a severe infection that could cost me both my lower legs, I pray it won't. Aside from that I moved back to coastal southern California where i was originally born and spent my early childhood A: because my parents and my brother were all moving there, so I'd have no living relatives for a thousand miles to the east or west of me, and B: I wanted a fresh start where I could regroup mentally and try to learn from my mistakes. All the real universities are fucking ridridiculously expensive and about impossible to get into if you're someone like me that's had fucked ups in the past that have made my GPA embarrassingly low. I mean, I'm not saying that taking the required math, chem, and physics classes to be a STEM major are at all easy, especially when you're a full or overtime student, but I could've done better.

So I plan on recovering from my injuries, amputee or not, and then hoping I can stay with someone in a state where school is cheaper and the cost of living/laws/amount of people isn't so fucked up. Otherwise I'm going to end up as a damn high school history teacher or something and barely scrape by but if my one or both of my legs are gone I'm completely limited to some type of office or desk job, no matter how physically fit I am or how well I can get around on prosthetics. There are still schools I could go to around here, and luckily I have good connections in the industry

No one will understand Jung if people don't get in contact with the kabbalah. Freud was the one who introduced the kabbalah to him btw

Everything I know about Jung I learned from MegaTen

In what sense? The sheer autismo of figuring out universal patterns, constants and recurring themes etc?

That's my user.

autism is cool, faggot

Cool story, bro. Jordan Peterson had an interesting anecdote of a highly intelligent friend, insanely high IQ. He was so arrogant he believed all he needed in life to be successful was intelligence, a dangerous trap. He never applied himself and died penniless, unskilled jobs were below him. Killed himself, what a genius.

Sadly, I think you have totally regressed. Just because you were a pathetic beta male doesn't mean you're vain for taking advantage of the situation. I don't like that mindset, imagine if you started dominating at college and thought "I'm just doing this because I was so dogshit in highschool." Maybe I read your post wrong, but it sounds like you gave up some positive things for counterstrike and depression. I hope you get better and learn from your mistakes, you're in a race with yourself, nobody else.

>Is he basically just Freud part 2
Mmm yeah, except he was a real psychoanalist and not a filthy degenerate.

B-but rick and morty say is ok to have a nihilistic outlook that draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature.

Well, it's been quite a few years since graduating high school in 2011, and by that point I had already realized that I was using popularity, sex, and drugs/alcohol in order to fill a void in myself from the years I spent as an extremely awkward, unnatractive, and overweight preteen.
At the time, now that I had grown into a fit, handsome, and charming young man, I felt that my potential as someone intelligent & adept in critical/abstract thinking would be put to better use making the friends I never had, getting the attention/sexual intimacy with girls I'd never had, and enjoying being well-liked and popular for the first time.
After graduating, two of my best friends and my older brother decided to spend 3 weeks backpacking through Central America starting in Costa Rica and working our way up through several countries, ending with Guatemala. As you can imagine this trip involved some bar-hopping, and girl chasing. Ultimately in my mind, I wanted to see a different way of life. How the majority of the people lived their lives to the fullest by appreciating life's small pleasures despite their extreme poverty and lack of any opportunity for upward mobility. It had a great impact on me, not to mention the various wonders like hiking through misty cloud forests, going white water rafting in jungle rivers, seeing the ruins of ancient civilizations, fishing in lake Nicaragua, (I caught and ate a fish named the red lady, a fish the superstitious natives believed was cursed and by eating it my soul is now forever trapped on the remote volcanic island of Omatepe, Google Omatepe for more info) and seeing beautiful old cities and cathedrals from the 16th century. Truly a life changing experience.
After that, I started seeing a really good counselor who was more of a mentor than a shrink, (cont)

Continued:

and he helped me to realize that my issues were far more complex than just fucking off in school to have fun, and that it likely stemmed from the insomnia and chronic anxiety I developed due to early childhood trauma. These mental issues are what led me to becoming a zero self-esteem loner in the first place, and my rebellious retardation during school was just another manifestation of trying to bury early childhood traumas through different means without ever confronting the real issues that led me to choose poor life choices. The bad part of being both intelligent and having behavioral issues s that you are able to break laws, lie, cheat, and manipulate without getting caught.
You burn bridges pretty quick that way when you try to make amends to people by coming clean to them about things you've done. They don't care if you're coming to them to apologize and come clean about any shit you did to them. Even if they forgive you and appreciate honesty, one of your close pals isn't going to be around anymore after you tell him you got drunk and fucked his girlfriend one night, even if it was a complete mistake. That's totally understandable.
Anyways, by my sophomore year of college I'd lost a few good friends over trivial shit and others over some seriously messed up shit. The rest of my friends that were just phonies or shared nothing in common but a desire for booze, sex, and eventually, harder drugs were just cut loose straight away. I was living with a girlfriend at the time who had even more severe mental problems than I did, but we helped each other cope and ended up living together happily through sobriety, clean living, hobbies (I was an avid hiker, tracker, fisherman, musician, and getting really damn good at long range marksmanship with my beautiful Remington 30-06, she was a talented artists, cyclist, gardener, and also loved camping/hiking/shooting) and focusing on school work. (Cont)

Contied...
I was still working with my therapist who was constantly giving me excellent reading lists, hypnotic/medatative therapy, and guiding me into becoming a real man that wouldn't make excuses for myself. Then along came heroin. Big problem. The girlfriend I was living with at the time suddenly had and old friend of hers that's now an alcoholic stripper move back into town. The more they go out to get trashed the less I start to give a shit about things again. Like I said, we were both people haunted by our pasts that had found each other at the right time, because we were trying to clean up our lives and move forward in a healthy way. Back in the 11th grade I severely injured my foot/achilles tendon in a car accident and was on either oxycontin or Vicodin for about a year and a half and went through three surgeries. These long-term opiate prescriptions made me realize how much I loved the way they made me feel. During senior year some friends and I would occasionally dabbled with oxycontin, but despite us having jobs, those pills are way too fucking expensive for us to do anything besides use them infrequently and therefore we never really gained a tolerance or opened the Pandora' s box that is opiate addiction. But my the time I was almost 21, heroin became available on a mass scale and it was very cheap. There was no "dabbling" with heroin. It was everywhere and cheap enough to use every day and all hell broke loose shortly afterwards. By the time my girlfriend and I were having serious problems and within a month of breaking up, I was physically addicted. I was very good at not getting arrested and hiding it from my family. To this day I have no criminal record, but it was a matter of time before my family found out, causing even more problems in an already very dysfunctional family.
It took over my life, and my grades started slipping. My social life with my few true and good friends fell apart. I was in a hole that got deeper every day.

What film is this?

Cont:

I went to rehab for about ten days and got cleaned up. After that, I loaded up my backpack with a month's worth of dried food, camping, fishing, water filtration and basic survival supplies and bought a bus ticket to the Sierra Nevada mountains in California and spent a month rambling around, fishing, camping, and and trekking ~150 miles on the John Miur trail in yet another attempt to get away from society and be on my own to reflect on my life. When I got back home we moved to coastal southern California about a month later. I got on the suboxone program and started working various jobs out here, trying to figure myself out. Then I got the infection, which I've been battling for 2 years now. Can't work, can't go to school. Call it karma, poetic justice, whatever, but now I'm definitely paying big time for my addiction and the scams/hustling/dealing I did to support my habbit. That's where I'm at now.

Many famous geniuses have died of overdoses or drinking themselves to death, but at least they had some grand masterpiece/invention/contribution to human kind to show for it. Well, I'm not shooting dope anymore and I'm still young and alive, hopefully things will work out in the end.

A pretty shit indie film entitled "My Life as a Chump and Idiot"

Certified rotten by that tomato website

>Certified rotten by that tomato website
Does that mean that the movie is good ?

My cousin was a heroin addict, he got an infection and died a few months later. How'd you get it?

I got the infection from heroin use as well. I was injecting in my lower legs for months in the blood vessels around my shin bones. So even though I hadn't used heroin in a year, the impurities of the shitty disgusting black tar were trapped in my legs, which under most normal circumstances will cause an abscess or ulcer to form fairly quickly. So the foreign materials in my legs were trapped under scar tissue and didn't create ulcers or abscesses as they normally would. However, since i was injecting close to my shin bones, I developed a condition called osteomyelitis which is basically a bone infection. So after enough time had passed, the foreign materials in my body did eventually push their way to the surface of my skin, causing ulcers. I had two ulcers on each leg, about the size of a dime. I did my best to keep them clean and sterile, but unfortunately I was working as a custodian at a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant and had to clean 6 bathrooms, dozens of trashcans, two kitchens, and several drains every day. I wore safety goggles, boots, gloves, long pants, and a face mask/bandana/scarf tied around my face to try to be as sanitary as possible, but it was a lost cause.
I did daily wound care on the ulcers by sterilizing them with betadyne and keeping them wrapped tight with a couple gauze pads and rolled gauze. Two of the four ulcers actually ended up pushing out the foreign material from my legs and healed entirely. Unfortunately, the remaining ulcer on my right leg got badly infected, and then a week or so later the remaining ulcer on my left leg got infected too. If I had any idea of the world of shit I was going to deal with, I would've just quit my unsanitary job and not gone back to work until all the ulcers had healed.
By the way, I'm sorry for your loss. Opiates are a very important blessing to the world of medicine, but they come with a catch. Addiction can be the downfall of anyone. Black market Mexican tar heroin is a vile substance

No, no it does mot

A filthy degenerate that had sex with little boys.

Nael, age 6, from "They're singing a song in their rocket"