What are the risks and consequences of lying about a degree on your resume?

What are the risks and consequences of lying about a degree on your resume?

I'm trying to break out of $15/hr purgatory.

Well. I guess if they found out you're lying about a lot and want to fuck with you, they could blacklist you.

90 days in jail

>What are the risks
You don't get hired and hope one of the other 300 jobs you applied for get back to you.

Only one job has ever asked for transcripts and that was literally my first one after college. Employers don't give a shit if they think you're competent.

So then it's foolproof?

If I lie about an unrelated degree they won't even expect any knowledge, correct?

>Lies on resume
>BA in Japanese Language Studies
>interviewer reads, "OH I have a BA in that too!!!"
>starts to speak in Japanese to you

What do OP?

Never had an employer ask for transcripts. that said, there is a very real risk, see Honestly, $15/hr is pretty great. I never earned that much in a corporate office job (IT).

dont lie about your degree. if youre going to lie, then lie about your work experience.

I mean it's not foolproof faggot as I had to send transcripts on that first one but it's unlikely to cause you any issues. Just hope the interviewer doesn't have the same degree or went to the same school and wants to bullshit about it.

Not saying Japanese or something terribly specific.

But an English, liberal arts or Business Admin degree has no knowledge they'd expect you to have.

Every job I've worked at does a background check on hire and part of that is a degree verification.

Unless you're applying at some podunk mom and pop shop, you're gonna get found out and it'll cost you the job.

Just go to fucking college, degenerate.

Calm down /pol/

That you're exposed as a fraud after years of actual work just before securing a meaningful position.

Better than never ever getting close to anywhere anyway with no chance by not lying.

If you can get away with lying you have to, getting a job can be fucking bullshit because they expect you to have work experience that you can never achieve, so minor lies are necessary to get ahead in life. I'm probably fucked because I admitted my SQL knowledge was self taught and not part of my work experience.

I lied about my A level grades and got away with it, this is in the UK though and a degree is another level.

Or you could put in the 3 years of drinking and banging sluts it takes for a degree and then go to work without fear

I got a job at one of the top law firms in New York just by memorizing a bunch of law books with my photographic memory

So there's basically no punishment for doing it, worst case scenario is you just don't get that job?

Also if one wanted to kick it up a notch and actually get a fake degree rather than write it on the resume with nothing to show, where are the best places to go for that?

One of those degrees from fake universities in Pakistan? Seems super sketch when they Google it and find that the school doesn't exist.

deep web marketplace,s can buy them there.

I hope theres nobody fucking stupid enough to do something like that.

You have to be able to keep up with your lies, use something that has a bit of truth to it. Like if you read a lot you can say you have a degree in literature or philosophy; basically fullproof.

For this situation you should only lie if the job you're applying for is retarded and doesnt actually require the degree.

thanks just bought 100k

Not get the job/get fired and look like an asshole. A fake degree could possibly land you in prison though

Use Monero don't want the Resume Police tracking you down and shooting your dog.

part of the equifax-gate? is we learned that these companies do sell data to employers to use as background checks so the data proving you lie does exist in their database and it is possible if a employer want's to spend the money to find out. but if you're not important enough they probably wont bother.

Document forging however is punishable.

Old guy here:
I forged multiple documents and got away with it.

That shit lies on your conscience. You never forget this. It makes you wake up in the middle of the night. Long story short: You loose your peace when you get away with this.

Getting in a job with fake documents is totally not worth it.

On top of that, once you get older you realize that lies always backfire one way or the other. Honesty and Integrity is a total basic prerequisite if you repeatedly want to go to any deal/job that is above lower level wage/earning.

Universe/God sorts you out and punishes you in the long run. Good thing is that works also for you. If you stay honest and humble, eat a lot of shit and be a person with integrity you will climb the ranks sooner or later as well.

Tl;dr: Don't do it, lies bite you in the ass!

Took me 7. I didn't even have a jobm

Still don't, actually.. I decide to trade crypto with graduation money.

Just do it.

The just-world hypothesis is bullshit.

If you need to lie OP you gotta do what you gotta do. Don't forget that your employer lies to you and they don't get in any trouble or receive any cosmic justice. They just make more profit off your work. Best of luck.