Why is he considered great for just ordering people around to build him things?

Why is he considered great for just ordering people around to build him things?

Let's see you build a pyramid and statues, bucko, then you can call people not great.

Why is he considered great for just getting his daddy to build him an army?

I wasn't born into the royal family like him though
Not the same. He ordered his army impressively and didn't just order some architects to build him a statue or four

>this is what's considered 'great' in Africa and Europe
lol. Pic related is something that's truly great- 13,170.7 miles long with an average of 25.9 feet high.

As always the men of Han do it better.

Shut up now

No, for defeating Sardinian pirates

More like Alexander the Drunkard lmao

how long would it take to demolish a section of that wall to allow troop movement? Seems like a determined enemy should be able to do it

Because he conquered the world with an army that Philip didn't build.

Long enough that a much larger han army would be able to get there and defend. Realistically though the purpose of the great wall was more to stop raids than invasions, and in that regard it was very successful. Invasions only happened when the nomads got such a good leader he was able to unite all the different tribes into a Confederacy like the xiongnu. Or when China was in the middle of a particularly devastating civil war nomads would realize just how vulnerable they were, and bring in an exceptionally large raiding party that would attempt to conquer a piece of China for themselves. That's what the Xianbe did during the three kingdoms era.

I think you mean conquered Persia, he got btfo in India and never even got near China.

My theory is that tribes in the beginning were small and scattered. You wouldn't want to have close neighbors unless you trusted them not to take your stuff.

If you shrink a tribe to its smallest element you get a Man. Add another element you get a Woman. Add more you get kids. The kids fight all the time; so one might move off to another land like, Cain and Able. The bible talks about humans living to be hundreds of years old. How crazy would it be part of a tribe who serves a 300 year old man? Better yet, what if living to be that old you could grow into a giant like Goliath?

Giants need extra energy to move around so they most likely would have a sacred structure built for them to live in. Maybe at the bottom secret chambers of temples, to guard the tribal treasury. They would be like bears, hibernating inside a cave to await the winter thaw. Once awakened, some food would be nice. So the tribe worshiping their great leader would provide their own hunt and forage to the creature and children being born during the giants slumber period would excitedly come out to gaze upon the magnificent elders glory.

He didn't do shit, his subject did, this is the problem of society, the parasite called dominant class.

Actually Goliath suffered from a disease, he was almost blind and had problems to walk, and please stop taking information from the fucking bible with that level of certainty, specially the old testament.

I never said I was certain I began with my theory. Don't be so close minded?

Giants being blind was probably because they were hooked up to the matrix for so long. Remember when Neo used his eyes for the first time? Living in a cave or temple chamber would not allow much light in, so the giants would go to sleep in a coffin, in case he needed to be moved to another location when the temple was under siege.

cool, thanks
was the wall usually manned?

don't you watch game of thrones

You know what they say about "Great" walls...

Why is he considered great just for getting his daddy to build an army for him?