How should historians judge Mao...

How should historians judge Mao? Was the great leap forward really his fault considering famines always happened in China? Can he be blame for the cultural revolution, since it quickly was out of control.
I don't believe in sensatonalist bullshit like Dikötter (45 millions of dead is a ridiculous claim) or "Mao the unknown story", that wasn't written by an historian.

>was the great leap forwards really his fault
due to poor planning on his part, yes.
>can he be blamed for cultural revolution
He started it, so yes. If you start something and it gets out of hand, its your fault for not being able to control it.
>45 million dead is a ridiculous claim
in the grand scheme of chinese history 45 million is fucking nothing.

70 percent right, 30 percent wrong.

Terrible peacetime leader but effective and competent guerilla leader

This. He's basically the greatest guerilla leader of all time.

Very successful political movement leader, incredible Guerrilla warfare leader, not a very good statesman, completely awful economist.

He was a good guy after all

unironically this, saying this as a marxist. BPP did Maoism better than Mao when it came to non-war shit, funny enough.

jesus Mao looks like total dogshit, which I guess makes sense considering he never bathed and was probably in the early stages of ALS

>Making moral judgments on the past
He was still an idiot though.

DERET DIS

>Was the great leap forward really his fault considering famines always happened in China?
even the CPC admits it was his fault now. Literally no one other than delusional tankies thinks Mao didn't cause the 3 years famine, or at the very least made it way worse than it would have been

Murderous retard commie

>saying this as a marxist

Take your free (you)

It took me a second to realize you were baiting

Mao had absolutely disgusting personal hygiene

American manlet detected

Be sure to coat your hands in antibacterial soap before responding

>look at this virgin who cant bathe on the body of pure virgins

>saying this as a marxist
Fuck off to North Korea and die in a field there somewhere instead of trying to destroy yet another country with your failed ideology.

I highly suspect Mao actually already expected the human price required to pay for Great Leap Forwards (since Soviet already had that in 30s, and GLF is pretty much the rip off of Stalin's Five Years Plan series), it would be strange to suggest that Mao did not know Stalin's industrization plan costed 10% of Soviet population.