ITT photographs from 25+ years ago with modern image quality

ITT photographs from 25+ years ago with modern image quality

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mid 70s NYC

NYC 1943

70's NYC was awesome. My dad is always bitching about it but I think this city lost a bit of it's character when all these rich white cunts moved in.

Still wouldn't live anywhere else though

Ireland (?) ~1910

French soldiers in 1870

almost looks like a smartphone photo desu

NYC 1890's

Full of whores and niggers, nope

Gentrification ruins anywhere.

I hope you under 20 fags realize the old cameras that used film were just as super high fidelity as your 25 meg cell phone camera it's simply a matter of scanning them via hi res photo scanners.

Movies are good for this if you can find them in HD quality

not really, it's also a matter of colorization

Yes I realized that. Still this thread is for those high quality images regardless

Eh, I have a love/hate relationship with Hipsters. They made the North Shore of Staten Island a nice place and the artists are fun, but I see what happened to Williamsburg when the creative people couldn't afford to live there either and now it's boring tech people with few exceptions like the Last Podcast on the Left guys and can't help but think that may be where we are headed

epic XD

Man fuck that shit all it does is fuck the soul and culture out if a place for money and boring rich fucks who complain about the place they moved into not fitting their headcanon

T. Brooklynite

Confederate Lewis Payne, 1865.

Yeah overall they fucking suck though. Delasio sucks rich people cock so it will never happen but I wish we could put a moratorium on Luxury apartment building and letting rich cunts move in and push all the locals out

Any of Ponting's photos on the Terra Nova Expedition (1910-13)
I love how in this one we see singular ice crystals.

it's striking how modern the whole set of photographs look, something about his shirt and pose i g uess

>densley packed highly populated culturally void shithole filled with litter and crime

The only way to enjoy NYC is if you're a yuppie.

>he didn't grow up as a Puerto Rican in a Puerto Rican controlled ethno neighborhood in the 1970s in the Bronx
baka senpai

>Densely packed

That's a bad thing?

>Culturally void

lmao, yeah the cultural Mecca of America is culturally void

>litter and crime

Unfortunately the 70's ended, now everyone wants to get rid of it

>all the sewage and trash on the street

I was born in Caracas, I know what that's like. It's your home, and you'll always have a soft spot for it, but sometimes I wish it wasn't that way.

>That's a bad thing?

It's fucking awful. Why do you think there's so much crime?

>lmao, yeah the cultural Mecca of America is culturally void

homogenous culture > multicultural cities

>now everyone wants to get rid of it

Well they're not doing a very good job.

>It's fucking awful. Why do you think there's so much crime?

But there isn't Also it' comfy and that means there's all the more people ti meet, and what kind of antisocial fuck dislikes that?

>homogenous culture > multicultural cities
Snooze. You're just some scared cuck who is terrified of other people

Wrong, you moron, it's for the exact opposite reason I prefer smaller, tight-knit communities. No one in New York is your neighbor, they're just a rat in the same maze as you. There's no empathy, no connection between people.

Just because you're surrounded by more people doesn't mean you're less alone.

Here's some 1080p footage of New York in 1993, which is 24 years but that's good enough, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY&t

It's pretty much the same as now only nobody has cellphones.

>Endorsing being a yuppie
>Being proud of being a yuppie

Now THIS is Shitposting with a capital S

This. This is why I'm so jealous of Mexican immigrants. Their home lives are often so great because they have family and close communities. Fucking rich people have to prove they're better than everyone else; our individualism is killing us.

That's not unique to Mexicans; That's how all are immigrants are

All I have experience with are Mexicans and Saudis, and the Saudis are all rich asshats who drive American Muscle and keep their wives holed up in their dorm rooms and won't let them out in public.

Yeah but at the same time, you were way more likely to get stabbed then.

Ah, the vagina of Socrates' wife.

I wonder if all these pedestrians survived.