Why were urban areas in the Roman Empire the first places to become Christianized as opposed to the countrysides?

Why were urban areas in the Roman Empire the first places to become Christianized as opposed to the countrysides?

Because Imperial bureaucrats were more concentrated in the cities. Rome's transition to Christianity was top down.

this and also the transmission of ideas and culture is just faster in urban areas because of population density. cities are always on the leading edge of change.

Rural retards vs enlightened city people

why were imperial bureaucrats and the top members of society so attracted to christianity?

Urban retqrds vs respectable country folk

Because you need to do your own homework

i'm not the OP

When Jesus brings a religion that promises salvation and freedom to the poor it becomes important to organize his religion and use it to maintain your control. A few centuries later the papacy controlled most of Europe and loved a life entirely contrary to the teachings of jesus (i.e. luxurious palaces made of marble, fine silk clothing, spices, China, and all other things that only the elite could afford). They made sure the peasants got their salvation alright: they promised them as long as they suffered without complaint in this life that they would be rewarded in heaven.. it is also interesting to note that Jews do not believe in life after death.

>it is also interesting to note that Jews do not believe in life after death.
what about life after love?

Currently living it and can confirm it to be worse than death

They weren't, it was the state religion and they were state functionaries so it became their religion too. That's what top down means.

i hope things get better for you

One day I will find love again and repeat the cycle

Why are urban areas in the French Republic the first places to become Islamized as opposed to the countrysides?

> asks historically relevant question on a history chan
> gets the online sperg equivalent of a "it's NOT my job to educate you"

Poor people were concentrated in urban areas, and they were most of the initial converts to Christianity, as its disciples often engaged in aiding the poor while preaching that if they promised themselves to Christ, they would be ensured salvation in paradise, something generally absent to people like them in local paganism.

more demagouges and people to convert

Source pl0x.

Go back to your grave ghoul.

BECAUSE IDEAS SPREAD FASTER IN CITIES YOU STUPID CUNT

Rural and suburban retards holding progress as usual

>Gaul
>Christianized in 600

Nope

It was Christianized in 800-900 and Christianism there had nothing to do with turn the other cheek and worshipping a kike

I thought it was the other way around with the masses adopting Christianity first, while the senators and higher-ups would remain pagan for a while longer.

>calling hebrews kikes