How did Romans look like

All memes and BBC historic revisionary aside How did Romans actually look like?
I like to imagine them to be similar to picrelated but I actually want to know the truth.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gold-glass_portraits
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mediterranean just like modern greeks or people from lebanon, jordan etc

just look at the statues ffs

There are actually tons of statues displaying their faces

Your pic is pretty accurate.

Diverse like modern north italians

Statues lack color so I can't grasp how dark their skin actually was.
Judging by statues I once again think that they looked like

>North Italians

You mean Central Italians

yes

Romans weren't ethnically homogeneous.

Celts, Britons, Germanics, Italians, Greeks, Semites, Berbers, Egyptians were all Romans.

You had pale Romans and swarthy Romans.

Quite similar to your pic actually. Saying this, a lot of them would have been "white".

That actor is from Chile. How is he possibly "roman looking".

romans had high nordic mixture so they mostly had light hair and blue eyes

WE

Chile received a lot of italian and spanish immigration

That is grammatically incorrect, I have posted to complain.

>How did Romans actually look like?

No it didn't.
He looks like a typical brown Mexican.

Family of this guy came from Italy

Average Roman.

the height is about right too

Just like Taleb said, a mix of Medish and Northern European people. Very few if any Sub-Saharans or non-caucasoid (in the 19th century sense of the term) people.

Italians themselves all but looked the same. Etruscans for example were known for their green eyes, and its a feature modern day central Italians also have.

That is a lombard

That's an Argentine not a Chilean

He is literally Roman

More or less like Modern Italians.

Majority dark-haired and brown eyes. Very swarthy in the South.

In the North much whiter looking and perhaps a 10-20% blondism rate.

Nordicucks are retarded but lets not overstate our case. Some Romans/Italians (especially in the North) do have more fair skin and blonde hair at a rate of 10-20%.

Blonde hair was a minority-trait but prized in the Greco-Roman world.

Mee too

Nope, you are a brazilian monkey

Good answers

Lol at you because im not black and he is a germanic just like you, LARPer

That's great, are any dated?

Those were egyptians
Also they dont pure blooded niggers, mulattos at worst

t. Manuel Rancho

You stupid fucking retard

Romans were brown and not Germanic unlike Modern Italians

The Empire was very diverse. Latins (ethnic Romans) were more of a dominant minority. If artwork and contemporary ethnicities with similar lineage are anything to go by, your typical Roman in Italia probably had fair skin, Western European facial structure, variable hair and eye color, short to medium stature, and prominent noses. Not dissimilar from Ashkenazi Jews, Central and Northern Italians, and similar peoples today.

Probably like Modern Day italians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gold-glass_portraits

AYO

HOLD UP

Italians are mostly Lombards

Found this. Map of blondism in Italy. It was probably similar during Roman times.

I was surprised by the number of blonde italians when I was in the north of Italy, I fell for the /pol/ meme

Don't think so lad. People moved around more often during that period. Besides 'ROMANS' is a very general term. Rome existed from around 500 bc to 1450 ad.
But I'll tell you one thing, they weren't black.

Stale meme

yeah dont listen to /pol/. There is no evidence of major gene flow since prehistoric times. This means that the blondism in the north is not due to germanic rape. Nor is the swarthiness or dark hair norm due to arab/moor rape

Even italians with dark hair look different from arabs. Though I didnt go lower than Rome.

/pol/ is shit, even from a Nazi perspective. It's all trolls, redditors and edgy high school kids.

the exception to this is Greek colonization in the South

>Molecular anthropology found no evidence of significant Northern geneflow into the Italian peninsula over the last 1500 years. On the other hand, the bulk of Italian ethnogenesis occurred prior to Germanic or non European invasions. Dna studies show that only the Greek colonization of Sicily and Southern Italy had a lasting effect on the local genetic landscape.[12][13]

even in countries like Brtitain or Germany, blondism is not really that high either.

just take a look at some nazi leaders, according to /pol/ they wouldnt be white

>blonde italians
These are French and Austrians

they were completely Nordic, originally you mongrels

>t. triggered naziboo
stop breathing

t. arab mongrel degenerate

whats that one in the center middle right????
Thats looks super realistic

>t. amerimutt

How is your nigger grandfather doing?

WE

YOO SAYIN

Argentina received waaaay more Italian immigrants than Chile, we even say some words in Italian like "laburo" from "Laboro" intead of "trabajo". The our accent is influenced by Italian accent.

So this is why argentinians larp as romans

How can you guess someone's skin tones by pictures like this that were affected by time?

Not just Italians though also Spanish, Germans, Brits, French, Irish, Welsh and others. Italians are the majority though.

But more euros came here than to Canada or Australia, second only to the USA.

Those people are germanic, latins were dark haired dark eyed people, deal with it

Lol, you are butthurt

kys tripfag

>the r€al One

More like the the Fake one

Lol do you think germanics were 2000-4000 people?

You are just a LARPer

the image is made from gold and sandwiched between two pieces of glass so excluding where bits are missing entirely, they should look pretty much the same as when they were created.

>admitting the Egyptians were black

And still they arent blonde people

But how do you know someone's skin color from an image made of gold? To me, they look yellow.

like wops

I know this is about how they look, but it pisses me off to no end when Romans in media don't have Italian accents. Especially when they sound British.

>Italians
>cant pronounce w
>cant pronounce h

Brits could probably do a better ancient Roman accent desu

But unlike Spanish, the britbongs a d frogs didn't fucked the natives, ergo they have a lot more pure Europeans than us due to the lack of mestisage, if you care about that.

Until they freed the nignogs anyway, so I think we still got the better end of the stick in that regard.

WE

They have dark skin, doesn't mean they are noggers.

stfu you fucking retarded nigger son of a whore

There wasn't much natives here to begin with. Percentage-wise it's about the same as the USA. (60-70% unmixed whites)

tone is different than colour/hue and hue isn't that relevant. for example white people's and black people's skin falls more or less within the same hue range with just the brightness and saturation being different.

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

No. We received spaniards and some germans but most of our population is mestizo of different degrees from the colonial days. Of course there are some italians, as some french, chinese, palestinians, menonites, etc like everywhere but not the majority.

The argies received more italians than anywhere else in thr world, like more than half of their population. In fact anybody who has visited both Argentina and Italy could easily point how italianized they are.

Not that that's a good thing, in my opinion

Argentine and Uruguayan territory were mostly deserted and the few natives were fully genocided, except in some northern argentine provinces. Those 2 countries have a very different situation than the rest of latin america. I'm guessing Panama as well is different and some part of Brazil.

The rest of the continent, yes is mostly euro-indio mixed like Mexico and south USA.

so f*cking true!

Why don't you get a tripcode and be done with it?
Or just kill yourself. Either is fine.

Italians are a bit less olive-skinned compared to Greeks though.

brazil received more

why you are so mad?

> visited both Argentina and Italy could easily point how italianized they are.
Argentina is like 70% amerindio tho.
everyone there has those slanted amerindian eyes

italian is the major racial demographic of argentina, the dialect of spanish they speak is also very italian

as for ancient romans, look at some mosaics.

pic related is etruscan

*frescoes, excuse me

mosaics work to though

>italian is the major racial demographic of argentina
Kekd hard