What’s the closest irl analogue to LOTR Orcs?

What’s the closest irl analogue to LOTR Orcs?
Turks? Mongols?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Catalaunian_Plains
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Germanics

Turks / middle easterners would be Haradrims
Orcs are degenerated Elfs, so something like fallen angel / satan, though you could also apply the analogy to Turks who are just degenerated Anatolian Greeks

I believe they are based on Russians. I think it's fitting.
They are corrupted Elves just like Russians are corrupted Humans.

>black, low intelligence, aggressive
Can't think of anything sorry

why do wh*Tes try to relate us to Greeks?
low iq?

Tolkien hated analogies so they aren't based on any races

But Mordor does look like Turkey and Minas Tirith is basically Constantinople

nah m8.Minas Tirith was Vienna.Battle of Pelennor Fields was really similiar to what westerners thought of Siege Vienna and Charge of the Polish looked like.

hello (F)ersian subhuman
are you asking me to rape you again?
i don't want to be related to wh*Te subhumans, why does this even bother you?

the (F) bastard has escaped. good, he's just like his ancestors :)

Orcs are based on big city industrial workers: uncultured, dirty, bow legged (suffer from rachitis), destroy nature and cover the sky with dark smoke as they move. Mordor itself was inspired by the Black Country, the most industrialized part of Victorian England: full of furnances (volcanoes), poisonous air and water, covered in soot and smoke etc.

LOTR is basically a wish fulfillment fantasy of an English countryside gentry who disliked modernity and the industrial revolution. In the story the good, honest farmers (Hobbits) save the world, defeat the forces of modernity and restore the "good old days", feudal monarchy. In the novels it's more obvious, the bad guys are said to build machines and towards the end of the last book, some bad guys try to industrialize the Shire, but Frodo and friends return, stop them and restore the land as an arcadian utopia.

Industrialized Warfare.

what does this graph even represent?

germans
>ugly
>earrape language
>constantly sperg out
>no will on their own, just listen to their overlord

it represents how many foreign dicks your mother has eaten so far
right: the most
left: the least

based Lurtz

The charge of the Polish Hussars is about the only thing Vienna and Minas Tirith have in common. Meanwhile the similarities between MT and Constantinople, and Gondor and ERE as a whole, are incredibly numerous, and alluded to by Tolkien himself.

Red army

closest to Uruk-hai (or whatever are those in OP called) would be wermacht

Spaniards.

>low iq?

Turkish average IQ is 90.

and your iq is lower than average Turkey iq
what did the wh*Te subhuman mean by this?

WRONG.

Minas Tirith was Minas Tirith. It has nothing to do with any particular real battle or city in history.

This.

Their dialogue is written as if they speak some non-RP British English, they're clearly rough uneducated city types i.e chavs.

The Haradrim and Easterlings fill the role of generic rotten muslim foreigners etc.

Pleb. Tolkien didn't do allegory, but his inspirations in the real world were far and wide.

Tolkien was a very religious man, Gondor was based on the christian West Roman Empire, Rohan on the christian Anglo Saxons and Visigoths.
Orcs probably based from Huns and other pagan raiders like Vikings and others

Orcish language was based on Turkic but I wouldn't say Orcs were based off of Turks

No it wasn't. Orcish language wasn't based on anything in particular.

so I am among the most pure

perfect

Your graph literally shows "turks" in a cluster with Cypriots (Greeks) and Greeks (Greeks).

>wh*Tes are not only retarded, but also blind
really makes me think

he could be an amerimutt mongrel subhuman too but whatever both pops are subhumans hence inferior to me.

because you're gayreek rapebabbies with a bunch of admixture from different sources and no real heritage

>this is what wh*Te subhumans believe
Now i understand why we're running over you with trucks in Europe.
I hope we get to behead you too in public, legally.

I know that Mordor was supposed to be located where Turkey is today

>Of the orcs, the Uruk-Hai are described as "black [2] and a smaller orc, a tracker, is described as "black-skinned".[3] All orcs are often described as "slant-eyed" and the Uruk-Hai at least refer to the Rohirrim as 'white skins.' In one of his letters, Tolkien described Orcs as "...squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes; in fact degraded and repulsive versions of the (to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types."(Letter 210)

lel cry about it 59 iq rapebabby. t*rkroaches are literally a fixed mulatto race.

>wh*Te subhuman sperging
kek'd
>mulatto
to be mulatto i have to be wh*Te first. and we ain't wh*Te, you Yakub's subhuman seed.

now get the fuck out of here bitch

>I
*gets AKKADIANED*
>AM
*gets SEAPEOPLED*
>A
*gets GALATIANED
>NOBLE
*gets GREEKED*
>PURE
*gets CIMERRIANED
>BLOODED
*gets MITHRIDIATED*
>TURK
*gets MONGOLED*
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Niggers.

Only correct answer.

>roach in denial of his roots
lmao keep crying burnt cracker. you have literally nothing of your own and zero real heritage.

also bergay you have a babby dick and 1 ball xDDD

>u-u wuz wh*Te anatolianz kid
yes
why are wh*Tes so retarded? let's talk about this.

is it low iq, genetic inferiority or are they just pure sub-human?
and why are you insisting on the fact that i'm one of you? do you want me to break your neck?

>bergay
i'm not him. besides he's circassian, why would he even care about Turks.
and what are you? are you a amerimutt mutt mongrel chicano subhuman?

>Now i understand why we're running over you with trucks in Europe.

>*brags about migrant crisis' impact on europe*
>*retarded president let in more arabs than Merkel alongside their booming Kurdish minority*
>*more terror attacks than France over the past 5 years*

LOL moron

Which is inherent to being fucking human. Nothing is created in a vacuum. Of course events and history can be said to have inspired particular scenes in Tolkien's work. That doesn't mean they were a direct representation of those events or that the similarities in any way are done intentionally.

Minas Tirith was a siege and the ride of the rohirrim was a cavalry charge just as any in history.

>do you want me to break your neck?

Reminder of what the guy writing this looks like

Every fucking thread with you shitposters...

>i'm not him
stop lying we know its you, cuckfag babby dick ball less fat boi

you're chart is wrong
most people in Turkey are anatolian
deal with it

Proof that those low IQ memes are real, What if Europe starts to run over you with their tanks and airforce

>Tolkien was inspired by the real world
>A specific battle was the inspiration for a specific battle in the books

You have absolutely NO BASIS WHATSOEVER to leap from the first to the last.

The battle of Pellenor fields draws inspiration from reality as well as from the pure fantasy of Tolkien. To say a particular battle inspired it is pure fanfiction.

>Gondor was based on the christian West Roman Empire

Ah yes that explains all the Churches build around Gondor.

turks are not white

You mean niggers? Orcs are great warriors, niggers couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

This is literally the right answers, I don't agree with Tolkien, but this is what he was thinking as he wrote the books.

Can't blame him after seeing the horrors of mechanised warfare, and coming back to a home he no longer recognised, besides this was the 1910s were worker strikes asking far better treatment were still at an all time high.

lmao

>>closest irl analogue
Some similarities Not completely the same

The “The Battle of the Catalaunian Plains” against Huns has some similarities with the battle of “Pelenor fields”

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Catalaunian_Plains

The allies of West Romans were Visigoths and their king was named Theodoric whi died in the battle

From Wikipedia
“For his sacrifice and subsequent victory over Attila at the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains, Theodoric became a revered figure in Western historiography, and served as an inspiration for J. R. R. Tolkien in his creation of king Théoden of Rohan in The Lord of the Rings.”

Always thought of Orcs as the Imperial Japanese Army, Urukhai as the Wehrmacht

there was once an user that pointed out a quote from tolkien, where he said that the soldiers in the trenches of ww1 were the Orcs, which i found very fitting.

"Although not entirely dim-witted and occasionally crafty, they are portrayed as miserable beings, hating everyone including themselves and their masters, whom they serve out of fear. They make no beautiful things, but rather design cunning devices made to hurt and destroy."
(description from Wikipedia)

So you viewed the wehrmacht as a special strain of Japanese bred by an autistic wizard?

>"Although not entirely dim-witted and occasionally crafty, they are portrayed as miserable beings, hating everyone including themselves and their masters, whom they serve out of fear. They make no beautiful things, but rather design cunning devices
The modern human condition

Not to mention orcs are technically quite intelligent

Makes no sense, he wrote it before WW2

This is an extremely racist thread

maybe the aztecs.

>xDDD

Go back to /r/eddit

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are good in theory, but lets be honest. Few history grads or even working adults over 25 are going to even post on Veeky Forums, let alone a small board like this one, so what happens is that you get /pol/weenies and pseudo-intellectual teenagers trying to make themselves feel smarter. Given that, I'm impressed whenever I can learn anything new at all from Veeky Forums.

subconscious influence from anti-german propaganda he'd seen in his youth.

Apaches.

fpbp

Tolkein wasn't overtly political. It's annoying to see /pol/beards try to inject their shit into him.

Especially when he did get political in his letters, he indicated he absolutely despised nazism and praised Jews

>niggers couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.
Made me kek more than it should've done

Baron von Ungern-Sternberg's army has a good chance of being the literal inspiration for orcs.

Especially during the sacking of Urga, when he allowed his men the traditional three days of pillage like the barbarian warlords of old. This shit would have been in newspaper headlines when Tolkien was first starting to work on his setting.

Minas Tirith and Gondor were definitely inspired by Consantinople and the ERE. It's not an allegory just inspiration.

Simarillion was already half-way written by the time of Ungern-Sternberg.

Reminder to always filter and ignore Dominican.

Actually they are quite shit. They compensate in numbers. 1v1 human always wins