Enternal Divide

Is Korea destined to be divide?

If not at what point they could have been united?

>North Korea
>Illegal weapons program
>South Korea
>Exports explosive electronics
Pick your fucking poison, all dog eaters must burn tbqh

Could have been united at the start of the Korean war or if Eisenhower didn't end it & used nukes on the Chinese.

>Illegal weapons program
How is it illegal?

""""south korea"""" is a fake country upheld by american imperialist dogs all of Korea rightfully belongs under the leadership of the Kim family

Because the TV audience didn't vote for it

I can see that.

at this point I think the Koreas have diverged to such an extent that, even if the Kim regime falls, reunification will have to take the form of a "One Country, two systems" setup, at least for a few decades, rather than just merging the two countries like East and West Germany

Well, the electronics don't purposely explode so I'll take my chances with them

I suspect they are already closer then they let on, and the South has been covertly supporting the DPRKs nuclear program.

Since North Korea also considerers Dokdo as Korean territory, this provides a nuclear umbrella for Korean sovereignty over the islands without South Korea angering the international community by developing its own nukes.

bump

>the South has been covertly supporting the DPRKs nuclear program.
is this the ultimate redpill?

I still don't know why countries get their panties in a twist over some rocks

Holy shit it makes so much sense.
They are probably planning to inherit the nukes as well when the North collapses.

>It's in Japanese too

The madmen. The absolute madmen.

>dokdo

I live in Korea right now and the Dokdo shit it's everywhere and it's almost embarrassing

You see ads about it everywhere and every government building has something about it.

Same thing with the comfort women shit. Hell, I saw an opinion piece by the Korea Times (biggest english paper here) saying the comfort women thing was as bad as the Holocaust, kek

The South is definitely not the rosy place it pretends to be. Everything is about appearance, making things look good. There's a very real sense of control. Ive never seen a Korean stand up to a superior and they take the fall for them when needed.

If you've thought about it,the only way for Korea to survive in one piece is if they've enacted reforms like what Japan did after they saw China get raped by western powers.Too bad it didn't happen because they were hardcore isolationists

It's like soccer matches.

it's in violation of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons

If Truman decides not to save South Korea, or if the local commies are crushed less effectively (still brutally, but a lot of violence of the kind that makes the peasantry angrier or leads to a lasting pro-commie insurgency) maybe they reunify after Rhee falls. Would help if Kim il-Sung was outmanuevered by his rivals and NK became a more normal communist state instead of the Juche shit.

Hard to see SK absorbing NK, China would never allow it.

its pretty funny to see the reaction of the international community in 1910 when Japan annexed Korea, which was in direct violation of The Treaty of Shimonoseki of 1895 with China (where Japan guaranteed Korea's independence [from China]), and The Treaty of Portsmouth of 1905 with Russia (where Japan declared Korea a protectorate, and again guaranteed its independence [from Russia]).

Despite that though the US accepted it without protest a month later. And they weren't quite as isolationist as you might think, in 1900 the US and Korea reached a mutual agreement that America would take the lead in reaching an international consensus that Korea's territorial integrity should be respected, basically an extension of the open door policy to Korea. That didn't save them though, America certainly wasn't going to war with Japan over Korea.

>China would never allow it.
this

china is an asshole

But Korea was isolationist for the majority of the 19th Century. Heungseon enforced isolationism during his rule while his successor further solidified it

>dogeaters are playing 99th dimension underwater tiddlywinks for two rocks that you can't even see on a map
Was it autism?

>if they've enacted reforms like what Japan did
They actually tried this (and also renamed themselves the Korean Empire) but it was too little to late and they got annexed anyways.

They did but they didn't do it fast enough. One of the reasons why they got invaded in the first place was because they had all the infrastructure and shit already in place so the Japanese didn't have to put resources into trying to build it up.

Yea I've know about how they tried to enact reforms during the 1890s but for most part,Korea didn't reform due to a staunch Isolationist view as well as a combination of Confucian bullshit.It wasn't until the Peasant rebellion that Korea decided to get their shit together and reformed

Fighting over rocks no one lives on for resources no one actually exploits is largely an Asian thing, it's part of their superculture

That the Soviets don't boycott the UN and enact their veto on the aid to South Korea

>the South has been covertly supporting the DPRKs nuclear program.

Better question:Why are koreans so cute?

Fisheries, minerals, hydrocarbon deposits, and the ability to interdict shipping.

Really makes you think.

That was useful as an airbase, Dokdo/Takeshima/Liancourt is too small to even have more than 3 houses

Every sovereign nation that maximizes its own intereste is an asshole. If it wasn't, that nation would not remain sovereign for very long.

Exclusive Economic Zone

They absorb the cuteness of the puppies they eat

plastic is really cute