Mfw reading American """history"""

>mfw reading American """history"""
holy fuck, it's so boring
literally nothing of anything worthwhile happens until Civil War, and even then it's probably the lamest civil war in history
They did jack shit in WW1 and shit only gets good in WW2 and Cold War

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_French
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>holy fuck, it's so boring

you describe your thread

t. murrifat

Modern cowboys movies are good

yes, I already know you're a foreigner, you don't need to try any harder

Is there no cool last of the mohican type shit?

Europeans have only been permanently settled here for 452 years. English speakers (the ancestors of most people considered non-indigenous Americans) have only been on the continent for 410 years. We've been independent for 241 years. That's nothing compared to the length of time that English have been in England or Chinese have been in China.

BTFOing France, England, and Canada isn't interesting?

agreed

>They did jack shit in WW1
*Supplies the Entente instead of Central Powers*

why the hell would they supply the central powers

>lamest civil war in history
>manifest destiny and the Indian wars are boring
>what was the War of 1812, the Mexican-American War, the Spanish-American War, and the Quasi War
Neck yourself retard also history isn't only wars

People who say American history is boring are just retards who don't appreciate history that isn't focused on war and killing tbqh. Instead of the struggle between Monarch and nobles, you have the struggle of power and rights between the Supreme Court, Congress, and the President. Instead of governments getting overthrown and replaced every few decades you have a single continual government with amendments being stapled on to the system and miraculously still functioning

>implies his image board based on the obsession with Japanese culture to the point of satirical imitation and cultural appropriation has any nationality de facto based solely on the place of birth of its "creator".
user., your entire nation is a rip-off version of proper European Freemasonry.

American history is my favorite honestly. I read as much as I can about it to learn more and it shows so much about the United States.
My favorite being the Wild West and the cultures that grew with it.

>People who say American history is boring are just retards who don't appreciate history that isn't focused on war and killing

I mean there was plenty of that too, let's not kid ourselves. Though it was mostly drunken hillbillies killing blacks/Indians/Spics/Asians/other drunken hillbillies.

Yeah, dying because of a whim of a king is better than just living peacefully and building wealth to become the greatest empire in the universe

>BTFOing France, England, and Canada isn't interesting?
You never beat France and beat England in a hilariously one sided war propped up by allies.

When you fought England in a fair fight, you got btfo.

Had you gone against france, you'd see the same.

>t. limey

huh?
17th century Virginia and New England history are interesting as fuck, mid-states colonial conflicts are interesting but more sparse. The early Republic period is also really interesting

are you actually reading anything?

>dude wars and battles and shit is all that history is bro XD
15 year olds don't belong on this site

Wish they had, still

I'm not sure if it's still the case, as I'm British.
But during the First World War more Americans were of German heritage than English. Even up until
The mid-20th century you could find people who spoke exclusively French or German in some states.

I think the problem over here is a complete and utter lack of understanding.

It's almost as if the average European believes that American history started at the revolution, with absolutely nothing else happening until the twilight era of the First World War.

BLOW IT
OUT YOUR

ASS.

Can I just skip to the Civil War arc?

exclusively french? common? fuck no

you really just showed that you know nothing about the united states

What period of American History is most interesting to you?

America's Wild West (With Cowboys) 1800s-1900s?

In 1917 America got along much better with the UK than Germany (the former wasn't a direct threat to American ambitions in Latin America and the Pacific, for one reason), so there was no way we were ever going to side with the Kaiser. German-Americans were just pushing for the US to stay neutral.

I don't get this meme

US history has plenty of war and killing in it, the first chapter is about an entire people being btfo'd

>mfw reading about the 438th european Succession War in1286 where one claimant of a duchy went up against the claimant of a fief and there were interesting tactics like riding horses around the back of the other army, and some people had LONG STICKS that they used to poke people with and the peasants were there too and you can't forget about the duke and HIS holdings...

Compared to European and other ancient history, American history is incredibly fucking boring. No one outside America gives a flying fuck about the American Civil War, in fact no one gives a shit until America enters the world stage in the 20th century. I mean holy shit, Oxford University is nearly 700 years older than the United States itself. To think that America was at all relevant before the turn of the 20th century is utter delusion. Even the Civil War was viewed by Europeans as a brawl between amateurs. Let's face it, the majority of advancements in the history of human civilization did not occur in the United States, it's simply too young a country to have a meaningful history. If you want genuine history, read about ancient China, the Roman Republic or the Ancient Greek City States, not the fucking shallow, delusional waste of space that is American society

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_French

>"No one outside your country cares about your civil war!"

Doesn't this apply to literally every civil war ever?

>posted from irrelevant country #38

I don't know why you're so upset, but it's obvious you've no understanding of American history

Indeed it does, yet no country on Earth propagates their civil war as an ultimate fight for freedumz for people all over the world quite like the Americans do.

The reason I'm upset is because I've noticed there are rather a lot of Americans on this board who take their pre-20th century history as having a greater significance than it's worth. Other nations (the French, Brits and Germans), may make many threads about their 'glorious' past, but it is somewhat understandable given their history. With America, a country that simply wouldn't exist were it not for the European powers, their history rarely has an impact on the world at large (pre-20th century of course). If there are any cases where America has had a decisive effect on world history before that then I'll stand corrected, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. So if you want to make a genuine point of proving me wrong instead of saying I have 'no understanding' then I'll willingly listen. If not then you've simply proven yourself deluded

>I read history for the wars

>boring/interesting is really a spectrum about relevance to the outside world

that's just such a stupid definition. The history of American religion and churches, for instance, is really interesting and is much more dynamic and diverse than that of any single European country starting by the mid-17th century. The whole era of settlement is very interesting. The ordering of diverse and communistic social well into the early industrial period is very interesting as are the influx of ideas and the growth of intellectualism in the port cities before the revolution

You seem to alternatively throw up concepts of national history in regards to the US, and then drop it by considering groups like the "Germans". You obviously have more of an axe to grind than an appreciation of history

I mean there were very small towns in New England that spoke French and very small towns in the Midwest that spoke French but they were a shrinking minority and once we joined the First World War the German speaking areas decided to start speaking English

>But during the First World War more Americans were of German heritage than English.

Maybe "English", but definitely not British. Plus the anti-German sentiments as in a disdain for German language and culture as backwards has existed throughout American history and wasn't a recent occurrence with WWI and only really isolated people or recent immigrants in enclaves continued to speak just German

>The history of American religion and churches, for instance, is really interesting and is much more dynamic and diverse than that of any single European country starting by the mid-17th century.
I hope you realise how silly that sentence is

>Battle of Hampton Roads
>the battle that definitively demonstrated the superiority of iron ships vs wooden galleons ending the Age of Sails
>one side gets beaten so badly that the British and French immediately stop building wooden ships

>American Revolution
>colony somehow fights off one of the greatest national powers in the world
>becomes a model for revolutionists and rebels for centuries to come
>national days of mourning declared in France
>French King mourns George Washington's death for longer than he does his wife's

No.

>somehow
Gee, it's not like they had any outside help or anything. And Britain wasn't exactly the great empire it grew to become in the following decades.

He has a point, the religious history of America is a fascinating one where the free market of ideas had religions competing for followers leading to rises and falls of new movements and theologies exclusive to America.

American history pre 20th century had a major impact on an entire half of the globe. The American Revolution was a major factor in the French Revolution, which completely turned world history on its head.

there's much more to the study of history than WWII, you realize that, right? One cannot understand American history without understanding the underlying religious movements and background

that statement is entirely true as the east coast of what would be considered the US was already home to a more diverse collection of religious groups than any single European nation at that period of time

But could you honestly say that that is more interesting than the history of France/Britain from that point onwards? I suppose it's largely subjective, what one person finds interesting in history isn't going to be what another person finds interesting. It's all perspective, and I'm quite happy to accept that

*Western history, I mean.

Yea I wouldn't go so far as to say it's more interesting as it is all perspective but to dismiss American history pre-WWI as boring and unimportant just isn't true. I do recommend reading up on American religious history though

>I suppose it's largely subjective, what one person finds interesting in history isn't going to be what another person finds interesting. It's all perspective, and I'm quite happy to accept that

Now you're falling back into saying preference in history is subjective? After the shit you already have said? I'm not going to discuss this any further with you; you're an intellectually dishonest rat with an inferiority complex

kek, fucking hell I didn't think it was possible to hurt someone's feelings so bad on an anonymous image board. Calm down lad, you don't need to take your bad day out on me

Hey, that stuff is fun!