Was the Vietnam War the comfiest war ever?

Was the Vietnam War the comfiest war ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_psychological_operations#United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Nifty_Package#Encircling_the_Apostolic_Nunciature_of_the_Holy_See
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, I'm sure wading through waist deep waters full of human shit and leeches, getting blown up by mines, shot at from the jungle, suffering from malaria and heat stroke, getting bit by clouds of mosquitoes, being hot and sweaty all the time, and risk being tortured to death was totally comfy.

this
OP is a retard

One of the least comfy wars in American history. Civil War was comfiest from an aesthetic standpoint.

OP is talking about Vietnam war not about 2017 Houston.

Yes it was. Great aesthetics, goat soundtrack, best visuals, most interesting period technology wise. LRRP's, psy ops, tunnel rats, covert CIA shit, riverine patrols, arclight, air assaults... it's easily my favorite historic period

>i was just pretending to be retarded

@3528982
people are ALREADY misusing the meme

With pussies like this its no wonder you guys lost.

Vietnam was nothing compared to the meat grinder that was WW1, WW2 and Korea, yet the decades of bitching are nauseating. The entire "Vietnam generation" were basically boomer pussies and chronical complainers who couldn't just shut up and fight like the generation of their dads did.

If you take away the booby traps and chinks I can imagine crawling through tunnels listening to all along the watchtower while high on opium to be pretty fucking comfy

In WWII we were defending ourselves.

This unfortunately, the only 'Nam vets I ended up truly respecting were most Marine vets I met who told that they loved it and anyone who didn't was a liar or a pussy.

If you mean USA, then no, you weren't defending youselves. They weren't threatened in any way, there was only one small attack on "US" soil (Hawaii lol), and what they did after was only about conquest.

>what they did after was only about conquest.

I hope you're not implying there's anything wrong with that

I don't really care, I just correct the previous statement. Let's be honnest, USA wasn't in a defender position.

The muhrines in Nam where hardchüre as fugg

Nah, the US invasion of Panama was.

>ywn get choppered in on a Blackhawk into Panama City while psyops blares Panama by Van Halen on the loudspeakers

T-they didn't actually do this, did they?

The 90s had a very silly aesthetic in general, this translated very well into military and police forces.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_psychological_operations#United_States
>"When the United States invaded Panama in December 1989, Noriega took refuge in the Holy See’s embassy on December 24, which was immediately surrounded by U.S. troops. After being continually bombarded by hard rock music, including Van Halen's hit song Panama,[7] and The Howard Stern Show for several days, Noriega surrendered on January 3, 1990."[8][9]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Nifty_Package#Encircling_the_Apostolic_Nunciature_of_the_Holy_See
>The U.S. Army turned to psychological warfare, blaring rock music at "deafening levels," gunning the engines of armored vehicles against the Nunciature's fence, and setting fire to a neighboring field and bulldozing it to create a "helicopter landing zone."[8][9] Reportedly the song "I Fought The Law" by The Clash was played repeatedly along with "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC; [10], "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses;[11] another song in the line-up was "Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die" by Jethro Tull.[12]

Was Hiroshima the comfiest nucular explosion evar?

>I Fought The Law" by The Clash was played repeatedly along with "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC; [10], "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses;[11] another song in the line-up was "Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die" by Jethro Tull.[12]

Seems like a nice lineup.
IDGI, was this supposed to scare people?
Seriously, what weakass gets scared of this shit? I'd probably forget fighting for once and enjoy the music.

It was to keep them from getting any sleep and eroding their resolve to stay holed up.

They'd play them extremely loudly on repeat for days and nights on end. Even your favorite song in the world would get irritating after a few days of that.

As someone who grew up in 90's Colombia, you're underestimating how normie Lat-Ams taste in music was and how kinda shocking some genres of American rock was.

I mean we had a "Heavy Metal Is Satanist!" Moral scare back in the late 80s, early 90s.

bombing territory, even if it's a literal territory (not a state yet) is a great way to get counterattacked.

>Bomb a ton of Navy ships and kill US sailors and Civilians

>lol just take it why do u gotta go to war?

>War
>Comfy
pick one

>being forced into some god forsaken jungle to "help" people I don't even care about by stopping communism
You're autistic

>dude why are you complaining about being sent to a god forsaken jungle with no clear strategic goals in a war that we shouldn't even be involved with

>Kicks MMA fighter in the shin
Why did you kick my ass?

Mate I'm addicted to Moonshake by CAN but even I wouldn't be able to tolerate that thing playing for days on end.