Ireland actually gets independence

>Ireland actually gets independence
>The only Irish history and culture that's taught now that the British can't censor it is victim complex
What historical parts of Irish history and culture could be used for Irish nationalism and pride other than "The Brits were shit"? Did the Brits really do such a number on Ireland that Ireland's only culture is how evil the Brits were?

Great literature and poetry. Need to step up the langyage revival game tho

>Need to step up the langyage revival game tho

they really can't, if the government pushed it anymore than they already do people would just hate it more. The Gaelscoils have been the only successful thing and that is owing more to the prestige and quality of the education provided

I mean, literally all of Irish history after 1169 is "and then the English fucked us over again" so that's a rather tall order.

Shame. How did jews recuperate hebrew so effectively?

They don't have much going for them

Produced some great Satirical Works

Best potato dishes in the world

It's De Valera's fault for not going full Cultural Revolution on everyone's asses.

a group of mixed people, as in Jews coming from different regions speaking different languages, with a heavy group identity and a preference for education

I'm fascinated by language revitalization and modern Hebrew is really an outlier, an utter freak of conditions

Would Collins have done it better?

I doubt it. At the end of the day Collins just wanted political independence for Ireland, and then peace. He didn't have it in him to be a hardcore nationalist, and it's partly what led to the civil war. AKA the fucking stupidest civil war ever fought.

The Irish are a bunch of LARPers

Music, literature and the arts as a whole have always been to the fore of Irish culture.

Brit bashing does take up a considerable amount of history teaching in the country, but hardly unjustified considering

>What historical parts of Irish history and culture could be used for Irish nationalism

Irish had their own tribal scruture unlike Anglos
Irish are a patriarchal people unlike Anglos who are ruled by women
Irish have their own mythology unlike Anglos
Irish have their own legal system unlike Anglos who use French law
Irish taught the Anglos how to read and write (Irish missionaries)
Irish civilized England
Irish discovered America
Irish discovered Iceland
Irish are the last Celts
Irish are the purest race in Europe(90% + R1b)

I see a lot of thing the Irish can be proud of

There should be a greater emphasis on Ireland's martial tradition and native dress, language and law

Irish schools like to pretend we sprung into existence out of nothing in 1916, by which stage we were basically Crypto-Brits anyway

Why were the Gaels so Veeky Forums?

Irish here. When I was a young lad absolutely everyone hated Irish. We get thought fuck all history apart from how "those fucking Brits" bullied us. Only took an interest in Irish history and culture when I was about 16 and did some reading for myself. I think to keep kids interested in our culture and history we need to
>Teach them about the expansive Irish mythology
>Spend a LOT more time on the Celts and history before British came(but still learn that shit too)
>Learn about how Irish life was years ago
>Get kids interested in Gaelic football and hurling early in life
I think if you do all these things young people will have a bigger incentive to learn to language and be interested in our history and culture. I really don't like the way my beloved Ireland is heading lads. It scares me.

>Irish had their own tribal scruture unlike Anglos
>Irish are a patriarchal people unlike Anglos who are ruled by women
>Irish have their own mythology unlike Anglos
>Irish have their own legal system unlike Anglos who use French law
>Irish taught the Anglos how to read and write (Irish missionaries)
>Irish civilized England
>Irish discovered America
>Irish discovered Iceland
>Irish are the last Celts
>Irish are the purest race in Europe(90% + R1b)
the absolute state of sinn féin propaganda

>this delusion

NANI!?

There's a good reason that paddies were thought of as white niggers. They have no work ethic and blame everyone else for their problems. That's why both Irish and blacks never produced civilizations on their own that weren't mud hut tier

>Anglos who are ruled by women
citation fucking needed, name one that isnt Boudicca

Is this a mud hut?

Who knows mang

I'm not Irish actually, i'm not from the British Isles in fact

I'm just an admirator of the Great Irish cultue.

The actual history of the british isles before the r*mans came is basically not taught in schools
You get a little notice about how yeah probably some scandis came maybe I dont know and then THE ROMANS CAME AND GAVE US CIVILISATION THANKS ROME LET ME SUCK YOU OFF
it's fucking stupid

As a person who doesn't really like the Irish in general very much, even I have to admit that the gallowglasses, viking era ireland and "dark ages" Ireland are pretty neat. Everything else to me is pretty meh.

Elizabeth

>Gayreeks pushing their faggot fetish on Glorious Keltoi

Celts were the only people in Europe to be Polygamous, while Germanic cucks were betas that fucked only one wife

I don't know what you're talking about. The 'land of saints and scholars' stuff is everywhere, we learned mythology in school, we went on field trips to early medieval monasteries and I even had classes on the history of the GAA. Of course we also studied British rule because it would be completey idiotic not to.

The last thing we need is more 'How the Irish Saved Civilization'. What we need is to remove modern identity politics from the study of history so we can get past the stupid ass Gaels vs Vikings vs English garbage.

Why were the Normans Éireaboos?

Nah, Sinn Fein are a bunch of lefties.

Imagine having to bow before this ugly bint.

Only built after English missionaries had civilised them

But it was the Irish who converted the Saxons

>The first humans arrive in Ireland. Prior to this, only the Irish lived there
lost

Looks like Christopher Hitchens in drag

>warrior from Dal Riata, 8th-9th C
>wearing nothing except a pair of short pants
Why are the Irish so primitive

>indigenous people who were technologically primitive but had a rich literature and strongly developed socioreligious system
>Colonized by European power, native political system dismantled.
>Sold as forced laborers in America: so many end up coming that they form their own communities and become a major part of American cultural framework, despite facing extreme discrimination.
>Colonizers work to systematically destroy native culture, religion, and language.
>Become second-class citizens in their own land, reduced to poverty by theft of resources, forced to feel ashamed of their own heritage.
>In response, many turn to substance abuse and petty crime
>Colonizers see this as a sign they are inferior and deserve to be colonized, initiating more discriminatory treatment which creates a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>No work conditions in home country lead to mass migration to colonizing country. Colonizers are incredulous.

My God, the Irish are literally the black people of white people. Why haven't tumblr and the Liberal Academia written pages of discourse about them? Oh wait, they're white Christians, that's why.

It's actually something of a mystery. They had iron working (obviously) and the same level of technology as other Celts, but it really does seem that they fought without armor, without even helmets that elsewhere were considered the most basic and essential bit of kit.

The James Joyce one is what killed me

More nimble, dirty clothes would infect wounds, also intimidation.

>Irish history and culture
Their religion is Italian, their patron saint is Welsh, their cities are Scandinavian, their language is English, their architecture is Norman, their food is Peruvian, and their poetry is a joke. Irish "people" have no history or culture of their own beyond living in bogs and eating three-leaf clovers or whatever they ate before potatoes.

>>indigenous people who were technologically primitive but had a rich literature and strongly developed socioreligious system
But blacks have none of that

they're /ourguys/

Aw shucks

>Free State was too neutered and anglo to go hard on the cultural revival
why did this have to happen, a chairde

because at the end of the day they are still white and libs hate whites