>1066

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b8iiZxVwIa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Eternal Anglo cucked for ever

LMAO one of the best years ever

You do realize the Normans ruled England for 90 years right?

I don't know what difference it made

>rule
>realize
>difference
There's a few

youtube.com/watch?v=b8iiZxVwIa8

Why is the Norman invasion considered so watershed by the English?

>394

Re-read your sentence and see how many of those words are of a Franco origin and come back and tell us the same thing, mon ami

Completely fucked England's legal and social system, mutilated a language that actually had logic, and le frenchies on me island

t. harold godwinson

>no, Morcar of Northumbria

>HURRRRRR ME CIVILIZED

>Norman
>Invasion
>Consider
>"late Middle English: from Old French, from Latin"

Lol, what a fucked language

yeah and then the Frenchies from Anjou, then the Welsh, then the Scots, a Dutch, and Germans to this day. At least the current Germans are Saxons so they aren't that far off.

O really?
Was there any Anglo genocide?

I'm sure there are some people who would classify muh harrying as a genocide

>mutilated a language that actually had logic
What was so logical about Anglisc?

Can someone explain what you all are talking about to a history brainlet.

The last Anglo-Saxon King (aka ethnic Englishman) was killed in the Battle of Hastings in 1066, and the elite (church, nobility) were replaced by French speaking people. It influenced the English language and culture.

Ego causa de autodestroyere de psychopathii homini.

>English troops spend a hundred years dying in the name of French courts who saw the English as peasants and cannon fodder
>French kings until the Tudors and Stuarts, who were followed by Krauts who reign today
>England's prestige as an unconquerable island knocked back by a few centuries
>English politics and culture mongrelized by frogs
I Reeee every time I think of it, is there any help for me lads?

By Henry IV, all English kings spoke English natively and spent most of their lives in England as part of English culture, and would be mostly English by blood.

one drop rule

> 2015

>1973

Nov 8th 2016

>1949

>Anglo-Saxon
>culture

>1453

great post, Mohammed

this fucking thread man

>implying anglo-saxon england wasn't one the most highly-advanced states in northern and western europe
>implying the anglo-saxons didn't have a rich culture in terms of literature, art, metalwork, embroidery, etc
>implying english kings weren't some of the wealthiest and most admired in western europe
>implying the normans conquered england for 'muh glory' rather than because it was a great prize
>implying the modern anglo isn't descended from the normans who settled here
>implying english people view the normans in a bad light

Looks hideous compared to Gothic architecture, is this the best "glorious" anglo-saxons have?

>most highly advanced state in west Europe
>got BTFO and conquered completely by one small French duchy containing less than 1/10 of France's population
Pick ONE.

their castles were even worse

normans were the best thing to ever happen to england

England was so much a great prize that when William died his first son inherited Normandy, his second son inherited another thing, and finally his third son inherited England

England was literally a third prize

*inhales*
HAHAHHAHAHHA

The Normans in fact, were beneficial for the Anglos

The Normans were ancestrally Scandinavians same with the Anglos and the Saxons. Why is this such a big deal?

This church was built at least three centuries before Gothic architecture developed, retard, why not say it looks hideous compared to neo-futurism too?

Thank you for saying it was the most highly-advanced state in West Europe, because I know I didn't

It's still an ugly church, even Romanesque churches on the continent at the time were better.
Also
>believing art progresses in a linear fashion

>England will never get to be a shining beacon of a successful, purely West Germanic nation
I hate this. Danes would have been more stomachable.

>1812
>Americunts
>"FUCK YOU DAD, STOP HARASSING MY TOY BOATS!"

I'm not really sure what your point is though.
I merely made the point that Anglo-Saxon England was an advanced society by the standards of the day, and their contemporaries in the rest of Europe knew it.
I also simply pointed out the modern Englishman is a descendant of both Anglo and Norman, as well as Romano-Briton and Viking of course. Or are you one of those chaps who thinks that the modern Anglo is totally free of genetic influence from those that followed him (namely Normans and Vikings)?

It's quite simple really.

(Whoops forgot to remove risk name)

That the Anglo saxons were not a particularly noteworthy or glorious group of people

In that case I'm pleased you've found your way to Veeky Forums
I believe you need it