What happened in the Iranian revolution? Why did it happen? What the fuck?

What happened in the Iranian revolution? Why did it happen? What the fuck?

American oppressors got BTFO. Iran is one of the few truly independent countries in the world

But they weren't being oppressed?

SAVAK did some bad stuff against oposition though, also add the fact that the Royal Family was very corrupt to the point of being involved in drug trade. Khomeini just took advantage of preexisting conditions to install his theocracy.

Man I don't know the context. Looking for someone to give me a view of the tapestry

rural retards

Who made up the majority of the fucking population in contrast to the hip and trendy secular city dwellers. This is what happens when you force change.

Literally the same shit that's happening in the West right now. Common people don't like having their traditions and culture constantly shit on by cucked liberal elites, especially when said common people are struggling with poverty and hopelessness and all the elites can do is turn up their noses and laugh about how "enlightened" they are.

Reza Pahlavi being an incompetent dictator also helped create a common enemy for the people of Iran.

Should've left Mossadegh alone. Iran might've been sufficiently westernised (or at least non Islamic) today.

So what a militant theocracy is preferable?

Being Iranian would be shit these days

Everything is fine with Iran.

That nose is not fine

How the FUCK do I get a Persian gf?

Go to Iran.

Or go to an Arab country and I'm sure you can buy one.

a militant theocracy that invests in it's own country is preferable to a militant monarchy that lets foreigners pillage their country for resources

Just B yourself

Ruined herself with tattoos.

>be US citizen
>can't enter Iran because of Drumpf's travel ban
>tfw I will never live like a Shah with a harem of qts
Why live?

those are nice soles

Brezinski's green belt. Surround the Soviet Union with Islamist countries. Khoimeni was in Paris surrounded by American agents, then flew into Tehran Triumphantly.

Looking at pictures from pre 90s Middle East make me genuinely sad. They could've been on the same level as Europe now, and instead they literally took hundred years step back.