Books by rulers?

Good list of books/writings to read written by rulers, preferably on political/human theory? I have Marcus Aurelius's book on my list, are there any others worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzlPA1S6tWw
marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/selected-works/volume-2/mswv2_03.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anti-Machiavelli

youtube.com/watch?v=wzlPA1S6tWw
how bout music by rulers?

Constantine VII: De Administrando Imperio

Louis XIV wrote a book for his son/grandson/grand grand son,but I forgot the name

Babul's memoir

Woodrow Wilson's works.

What about Churchill's books?

I can think of a fair few military books but no real political sorts. Hadrian was a massive Grecophile so I don't know why he didn't write any philosophy or political stuff

Who's that ejaculate immaculate?

Lots of Communists like Lenin and Mao

Does Mao even have books? I just see a collection of quotes

>Tomboy
>self-esteem issues
>spats
Cmon op give me some sauce

james madison, alexander hamilton, jefferson, benjamin franklin, basically the american founding fathers

He wrote lots of essays. Probably one of his more influential ones would be 'Combat Liberalism': marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/selected-works/volume-2/mswv2_03.htm

Any books by Julius Caesar or Cicero. If you want politics/philosophy go with Cicero's " De Re Publica" or " De officiis" pref the latter.

>Mao
>Books

I got the Federalist Papers, is there anything that I would miss from them from only reading that? I'm most interested in Alexander Hamilton in the list you gave, as he has always been the Founding Father that I most closely identified with.

I was under the impression that Caesar only really wrote war chronicles, and probably has a collection of letters he wrote. Did he write anything that is more political in nature? I'll definitely check out Cicero, don't know enough about him as I should.

Yeah, Churchill is definitely interesting, but I think he was more interested than writing history than politics.

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.

Which of his works do you recommend?

Not sure what this refers to.

A king's lessons in statecraft; Louis XIV; letters to his heirs. With introduction and notes by Jean Longnon. Translated by Herbert Wilson

I'm assuming that's the book? Sounds interesting, will check it out thanks.

saotome girl hitakakusu

Caesar does write war chronicles but are interesting to look at how a Caesar thought of himself as he wrote them in 3rd person. Very interesting to read within the lines and study the man's Personality.

Cicero is regarded as a must read Politicians of Ancient Rome. He was also a philosopher of the Stoic school and was a pragmatic Senator. De officiis focuses on what a leader should be like, live and act and discusses morality.

Hm, I'll probably check out what Caesar wrote then. Do you recommend the Gaul Wars or the Civil Wars more?

Do you know if Sulla writings? I really admire his character.

Also a general question, but I am also looking for any writings by Chinese (Eastern in general) Emperors, the older the better. Emperors, dictators, kings, anyone that holds the keys to powers and their thoughts on that power is something I really want to learn about.

Napoleon wrote some shitty fanfiction-tier novel, forgot what it was called

Do you know if he wrote any essays worth reading? Not that interested in fanfiction lol.

Not him, but the only thing I can think that Napoleon wrote is his military maxims (and a fuck ton of letters which don't make for great reading on their own)

The military maxims are interesting but they're not political thought like you're after

Also, I also wouldn't mind stuff written by people like Bismark as well, people near the seat of power.