Why is cousin marriage so prevalent in muslim countries?

Why is cousin marriage so prevalent in muslim countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaynab_bint_Jahsh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're tribalist as fuck and anyone outside their immediate clan is considered a potential enemy at best.

Tfw have qt cousin, that I think likes me but live in green zone

Not rrqllt

But Islam is explicitly anti-tribalist.

There is no theological reason for this. Cousin marriages are haram, at least according to al-Qaeda and ISIS.

Segmentary lineage societies don't trust outside of the kingroup. It's also why their militaries and governments are shit.

Islam didn't eradicate older tribalist traditions.

Stop generalizing massive populations brahma. Muslims span like 2 continents and are completely different in many ways.

The differences generally come from older pre Islamic times. We're not really in disagreement.

But it tried to

This. Also why the US failed to rebuild Iraq. Everyone just went back to tribe allegiance. You have to realize brown people hate the everliving fuck outta each other. They are extremely distrustful and resentful towards one another.

The Pagan tribes of Europe were consanguinous as well, until the Catholic Church outlawed cousin marriage circa 1000.

Isn't it because Muhammed encouraged people to marry their cousins and since he's the perfect human bean they worship and obey his every word? Same reason why they hate dogs and like cats.

>or
Shit map, either have a map that shows the prevalence of cousin marriage or one that shows the legal status of cousin marriage.
But not a single one showing both, how can anyone take any information from that?

Wrong, much of Tunisia culture that differentiate it from other muslim countries came from its time under Ottoman rule.

trait preservation of PBUH and all the clans wuz pbuh

>It has to do with the property in question, which in this case tends to be land.
>A patriarchal society tends to define the male head of a household, however granular or inclusive a household is defined, as the arbiter of all law for his household.
>Now, imagine your daughter is expected to inherit 50% of your property. That means 50% of your farmland. Now imagine she marries someone from outside your household, someone who is or is under another patriarch. Your daughter becomes a member of that person's household, and thus she is no longer under your legal control. That includes her share of her inheritance.
>If you die, your lands are not only split between your children, half of it may very well fall under another family's dominion altogether. Your successor, the next head of the household, will be substantially weaker, and the family that took your daughter and her lands that much stronger.
>This, by the way, is why cousin marriage is endemic in the Islamic world. Islamic law, coming from a semi-nomadic tradition, offers women some manner of inheritance while the lands that adopted it outside of Arabia were agricultural and patriarchal. So, in order to prevent family lands slipping away but not technically break Islamic rules on female inheritance, marriages with branch family cousins became the norm in modern times.

I live in a rural Alabama town, we are not fucking green

I like the idea of cousin marriage, can we limit it to 3rd cousins though ?

3rd cousins might as well be just strangers, the genetic connection is irrelevant at that point. 2nd cousins is more on the fence but legal in a lot of places.

The schism in Islam is based around tribal loyalty

>Cousin marriages are haram
They aren't

There's nothing wrong with it; until you do it successively for generations, then you end up with old Charlie boy

>generally

Pretty sure this map is wrong, cousin marriage is legal in most of europe and also in south america

In Islamic tradition the inheritance is divided among a lot of different people, including your in-laws and siblings, men as well as women. Cousin marriages are essentially a way of keeping property within the family.

They are, according to ISIS and al-Qaeda, and nobody follows Islam more strictly than them.

“No”. It’s based on how several hadiths should be interpreted.

A lot of it is post Islam though because youbknow history, distances, changes in political structure and culture.
Just because an area is Muslim doesn't suddenly all make them the same.

>In Islamic tradition the inheritance is divided among a lot of different people, including your in-laws and siblings, men as well as women. Cousin marriages are essentially a way of keeping property within the family.

This is literally the only truthful answer.

wtf slovakia

How can cousin marriage be haram when muhammad himself married his own cousin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaynab_bint_Jahsh
Also i would not actually trust groups like ISIS or Al-Qaeda on Islam

IIRC muhammad just claimed a lot of special dispensations, which is why he had 11 wives when most muslims are only allowed 4

Their god is Satan, he he has led them to become a bunch of low IQ inbred retards subservient to America, who's their true god, that whore, that beast of all nations.

Again, the only answer that matter here is the one about inheritance. That's it. Of course it is permitted in Islam. Cousin marriages even in developed countries were common until two or three generations ago.

My aunts and uncles on one side are mostly married to their cousins (they're from a Muslim country). It was obvious to them and even today, American boomers with assets consider it a major concern to keep property within their family and not have it go to the in-laws. This eliminates that issue.

But muhammad was not the only one, some of his companions married their cousins too like Umar and Ali

Also, if you're Muslim or sympathetic to Muslims and you are claiming that cousin marriages are haraam, re-think your life. Unless you show me some shocking new evidence, this is a common and accepted practice and just because it's basically taboo in the West today you don't have to retcon our deen "oh no that's totally haraam bro you just can't understand hadiths" How about this, if we want to decide to not marry our cousins because it's 2017 and there are better ways to go about this business, just like, don't do it

>womanstats
Don't trust this, it's 'muh victims' bullshit.

there's literally nothing wrong with marrying your cousin, as long as it doesn't happen too often in a family line

Europeans ditching cousin marriage is one of the reasons their IQ and civic-mindedness evolved.

jews are inbred and intelligent and also practiced extreme endogamy to keep assets in the extended tribe.

Complete bullshit 100%.

Even caliphs can sometimes sin. For example, they have burned people alive a couple of times, despite the fact that Muhammad explicitly prohibited this and said that only Allah can burn people (in hell, that is).

>as long as it doesn't happen too often in a family line
Pretty sure that's the case though

Jews are the most inbred people in the world at they have the highest IQ. Rothschilds only marry other Rothschilds and I’m pretty sure these guys are very intelligent.

>it's basically taboo in the West today

But it’s not

What country do you live in?

Belarus, the most irrelevant Western country

>Playing Crusader Kings 2
>ONLY the muslim factions are prohibited from marrying cousins

>Belarus
>western country

is that why terrorism s so prevalent ? because most muslims are inbred crazy tards. was not aware of thewhole cousin marriage tthing in muslim

why is marrying your cousin a womens rights issue tho

mfw i cant live out my fantasy anywhere

>tfw I have a hot, slutty cousin but I'm too much of a pussy to make a move on her at family functions

I'm attractive, too, and she always gets touchy-feely when we greet one another. I usually tell her she looks nice and give her some kind of compliment, but that doesn't seem to be enough. What's the Veeky Forumstorically appropriate way to hit on your own cousin?

i really wish there are more incest themed movies.

why do infographics never have any information on greenland? does all of its census information get lumped in with denmark's or something?

That map is incorrect. Britain should be in red.

This map is shit. With the use of and/ors it completely muddles groups up because many of the red nations are exogamous.

This chtistmas, meet her under the missiletoe and kiss her. When you do this swap a gell pill capsule into her mouth using your tongue, with a paper message inside that reads "ay bby want some fuk"?

>brown people
People **

When you dont allow women to meet anybody outside of the family, its the only way.
The same happened in XIX century england and europe. Ask Darwin, Edgar Allan Poe, etc.

why do you say it is?

Genetic fetish

Pretty sure 3rd cousins can get married, but it's more the question of "you couldn't find someone besides your third cousin?"

Keep in mind that while Muhammed was alive, this shit was never codified and written down so you could get away with a lot more than after.

the image comes from the "woman stats project"

Cousin marriage is only looked down and not accepted in the USA. All other westerners accept it but it's so rare nobody cares.

Isn't it because Greenland is just twenty thousand people or so? They wouldn't have relevant statistics available for huge number of things simply because of lack of people.

They do it to keep the money in the family. Nothing else really to it.

Jews are actually fucking stupid if they have to inbreed to be smarter than Euros.

What did they mean by this?

It's true, we're heavily inbred.

tfw remembering I lost my v card because my cousin always horny and breed my boipussy regularly

Einstein and Darwin married their cousins so it must probably be the superior choice.

>two STEMsperg retards

Gotta keep them genetics mixed.

>France
>Britain
>Germany
Talk about ARAB'd.

muhammad permitted this because he married his cousin PUHBUHE

>Hahahaha dumb hillbilly Americans fucking their cousins n shit nigga lmao
>Europe has legal cousin fucking in almost every country
This triggers the Eurofaggot.

>England 5-10%
Lmao

Ahhh the subtle and pernicious spreading of /pol/ to other boards

it's not like cousin fucking is illegal in America, just cousin marriage (in a lot of states)

Cousin marriage is considered halal in Islam though it's also allowed in Judaism even if it isn't practiced by every community. In Africa in places like Somalia however it's seen as more taboo. The region also contravenes norms with female circumcision.