Why did Europeans during the 18th,19th century

and before not teach sub saharian african

although its true during these centuries european intellectuals were eurocentric, they still taught about North Africa civilizations, Asian civilizations etc. etc.....

Leibniz for example was a hugo sinophile

but why did they totally disregard Sub Saharian African history?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/weta/africas-great-civilizations/home/
amazon.com/dp/B06X9Z37Q9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

didn't Kingdom of Meroe defeat a peak Roman Empire?

>why did they totally disregard Sub Saharian African history?

Why teach or learn about a people you despise and resign to being subhuman and destined to be subservient to the will of *insert nation* race.

Colonial subjects are viewed as NPC's basically and once you read up on this shit you'll see the comparison is very accurate.

Why teach some god awful tonal language, commensurate the various Chinese languages, when you can teach the language of your society? Convenient.

Well they didn't know how to write and in general didn't leave much of any history.
Even today they is very little known.

When they actually bothered to ask they found it quite well.

Not really, there was some raiding and counter strikes by the Romans, but never was an actual field army levied by the Romans to deal with them, and they were basically kept as a small buffer by the Empire.

>Mali, Ghana, and Songhai Empires didn't leave much history.
>Not to mention the Horn of Africa
Okay, user. The history was there, is there, but it was willfully ignored, repressed, and glossed over because of what this user says It's harder to subjugate a people if you humanize them.

The history of naked tribal people who are illiterate.

:^)

>Mali, Ghana, and Songhai Empires didn't leave much history.
true. Also:
>Niggers
>Human
lmao

Those places aren’t African

kek I remember this thread.

European colonial rule was predicated on the idea that Africans were uncivilized and needed to be ruled by Europeans, who could then conveniently extract as many resources from Africa as they could. They obviously could not acknowledge that Africa had had civilizations and history for as long as most of say central Europe for example.

>Mali, Songhai
Literally dependent on exporting gold to sustain themselves, and lest we not forget: the height of architecture was a literal mud mosque that has to be rebuilt every time it rains.
>horn of Africa
1. East Africans =/= West Africans
2. There was a much greater amount of contact with the outside world.
But please, continue to move the goalposts to try and make sub saharan civilization look comprable to Western Europe,the Near East, India, or China.

>sub saharan africa didn't have "kingdoms" until the middle ages with the only exception being Ethiopia
>specifies central europe in order to shift the goal posts
KEK

>that pic
Africans did that.

Poorly spelled threads like this are always troll threads

Stop replying

>There was a much greater amount of contact with the outside world
So we're just discounting anything that ever had contact with the outside world?

Are Germanics niggers now?

Before they were civilized, germanics were nigger-tier in the eyes of the Romans and rightfully so.

>missing the point entirely
Having contact with the outside world doesn't invalidate a civilzation's existence, you butthomo.

Even Celts were thought of as nigger tier by the romans and they were better in blacksmithing and art than the romans. They did not write and sacrificed people occasionally, which was enough for romans to see them as barbarians. The Germanics which had a lot of contact with the romans were pretty much celts which spoke another language.

What's with all the reddit spacing and dislexia in this thread?

>They obviously could not acknowledge that Africa had had civilizations
One might point to the Benin Empire, with its wonderful culture of bronze-working and settled, pastoral lifestyle
Or one might conversely point to the, er, Benin Empire, with its culture of human sacrifice and slavery until the turn of the 20th century

oh Im not the other user you were talking to, sorry

Ethiopian here. I wish that the Europeans would have wiped out all the negroid populations from the continent. Africa could have been a paradise right now.

>it was willfully ignored, repressed, and glossed over because of what this user says It's harder to subjugate a people if you humanize them.
Meanwhile there's a long traditional of sinology and orientalism.

They never had any respect for the people just the history and the culture.

>moving the goalposts

The way you get respect is by having a history and culture worth respecting and ability to defend it. Otherwise, you get wrecked. Thats the way the world works. Its how its always worked.

>East Africans =/= West Africans
Duh, no one said they were equivalent, but they were still sub-Saharan. What narrative are you trying to push here? And the Sahel region of Sub Saharan Africa, of which Mali was a part of had trade and contact with the outside world as well. The Mali emperor disrupted the global economy with his gold.

I think OP got lost on his way to /pol/. But for anyone legit interested in African history, look up this show on your local PBS station, or find it on Amazon. Streaming and DVD.Blu-Ray.

pbs.org/weta/africas-great-civilizations/home/

It's free streaming with Prime:

amazon.com/dp/B06X9Z37Q9

>The way you get respect is by having a history and culture worth respecting and ability to defend it.

Not at all. Japanese did that back in the day and they got treated like shit on the international stage.

>Africa
>Civilizations

They modernized and now are a respected country on the world stage.

Why would you want to kill yourself?

t. Yemeni

We are craniofacially caucasoid but even that aside...

If need be, I would sacrifice myself if I knew I could take every negroid on the continent with me. or at least most.

>t. Haile Selassie

He probably felt the same way secretly. I imagine larping as le pan african leader meme destroyed him inside.

What kind of slef hater are you? Are you male? One thing I have noted with Ethiopians I have encountered, especialy the women they are the most "pro black", looking at black people as whole than other Africans, whose love goes no farther than tribal. Like they are on some "black is beautiful shit". Less tribalism. All habesha, if that matters.

Going back to my sentiments here I have encountered Pan-African thinking, less tribalism, in Ethiopians more than any other Africans.

That's...pathetic desu

I'm racist as fugg and I can't respect such self hatred

Westernized Ethiopian kids have been brainwashed into pan africanism and black culture in general.

Previous generations of Ethiopians would be rolling in their graves. We used to look at negroid Nilotic ethnic groups (those without mixture) as subhuman slaves; our word for them was barya. My grandparents would casually refer to African Americans as slaves all the time. My grandmother had Nilotic slaves herself.

This changed when Italy successfully stopped slavery and with the rise of pan africanism and black liberation movements in 60s. Ethiopians began to sweep that bit of our culture under the rug. Can't have our new black friends know that. Fast forward to current day and now we are full dindu pride. Behind closed doors, our parents and grandparents are definitely racist but we assimilate into black culture nonetheless.

What is westernized. One woman is a lawyer in Ethiopia. Others were expats in Arabian Gulf countries. I am American, but actually haven't had a personal encounter with any Ethiopians in the West.

They are larping and assimilating into what is hip, that's all it is.

Okay, nevermind me hereI see you are saying the dindu pride is a modern Ethiopian thing. I don't think that is a bad thing. Just like older white Americans were very racist.

Forgive bad writing, I'm phonetyping

Exactly. It's bad in my opinion because we are absorbing dindu traits . I don't like seeing Ethiopians speaking in Ebonics, going clubbing, getting in trouble with the law, and marching for BLM. But that's exactly what is going on. Many of them know african american history more than they know our own history. These things are all distractions at best.

Why are you answering him seriously?

They modernized back then and got Blackshirt respect if you actually remember. They only got respect once western div stopped being so self masturbatory.

Partially may be attributed to the European idea that black Africans were the lowest race,
part may be attributed to the fact that African history largely pales in comparison to the rest of the world.

Asia has held the title for largest cities and civilizations for most of modern history and has played large and important roles in the development of technologies and in Western food and goods markets.
North African and the Middle East have boasted some of the earliest developed civilizations and written languages, has pioneered many inventions, and have VERY OFTEN colonized parts of the West or influenced it in some other way.

Basically, there's little worth teaching in terms of African culture and history and its influence in the world. Even moreso, why teach something about a people group that has historically been looked down on?

>p-please ask me about my history

>the ability to defend it

Reading comprehension

Makes sense why you are on Veeky Forums

They did defend from the Russians and European incursion. Also respect in general in regard to people is a total meme because people will shit on x thing regardless of how well or poorly it is..

why do leftists defend the inferiority of africans

because china and the new cold war

hes a tribalist, europeans colonized before africans could have a real definitive war where the winner could create a unified identity in the continent. instead you have tons and tons of these individual groups who hate every but themselves.

made it real easy for the colonists to come in and divide and conquer the people.

just for shits and giggle they landlocked as many of the countries as they could (see somalia, ethiopia, and eritrea). these countries are forced to rely on other countries cooperation for trade outside the continent.

the british messed up with india pakistan split, but learned their lesson.

the continent is forever fucked, and china is wasting its time. these africans hate each other more than they want to develop.

There is nothing to gain helping blacks EVER. Look at today we helped them and they fucked up OUR countries that we left to them and now run to our countries which they will fuck up too while blaming us for everything bad in their worthless lives.

Waste of time just let them remain in the stone age till the sun blows up.

Considering that most of those cultures only had an oral tradition and no real written language it isn't very surprising. Most of the time the letters had to be invented by missionaries. The absence of written records makes it difficult to read up on history.

>the continent is forever fucked, and china is wasting its time. these africans hate each other more than they want to develop.

But Africa is developing though it's pretty damn obvious like. It's not even permanently fucked because by that definition europe is permanently fucked too.