Where do I start studying history?

Where do I start studying history?
Can Veeky Forums recommend me some books to study history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dewey_Decimal_classes#Class_900_.E2.80.93_History_.26_geography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Find a topic that interests you and just start reading. Everything is connected to everything else, and there's no "right" way to study something.

>indians
>proto-nordics
what the fuck am i reading?

You really should tell us what times and places are already of the most interest to you.

You can either try to start chronologically from the very beginning, or you can just pick spots you like at random and delve in there, going forwards and backwards for context.

Like you could start with Napoleon or something and then move on to Ninjas and then do the Mongols and then do Rome, then the American Civil War, etc, etc. That is totally cool and okay, buddy. Where do you want to start?

I want to start with the First World War, I am already kind of interested in the major conflicts that happened in the world.

to start with the first world war you must start with Imperialism
to start with Imperialism you must start with Industrial Revolution
to start with the Industrial Revolution you must start with the French Revolution
to start with the French Revolution you must start with the Enlightenment
to start with the Enlightenment you must start with the Reformation
to start with the Reformation you must start with the Renaissance
to start with the Renaissance you must start with Greeks

> to start with the Industrial Revolution you must start with the French Revolution

The industrial revolution started in the 1760's in Britain, which is 30 years before the French Revolution.

The precursor to the Industrial revolution is colonialism and the raw material glut it produced.

Star with Julius Caesar.

His calendar is the basis of your understanding of Chronology.

The reign of Caesar and Augustus serves as the total of 100ad.

go from there.

the fact is everything before the 7th -9th century is a mess due to the mixing of many languages, styles, chronoologies, and calendars.

The advent of Roman Law is the best you have in western History.

Start with the Greeks

IIRC that chart was originally made in the 50's and has some woefully out of date material.

>>Primitive Dravidians
>>IVC most advanced of first three civilizations
JFC

Read "A world undone". It should be easy to get in to.

IVC wasn't Dravidian you wretched pajeet wewuzzing cunt.

Butthurt Paki confirmed.

I had to start learning about history because of my job as a tour guide. I just learned some parts by heart, then I got interested and because I want to do my job well I read about a lot of other stuff.

The city I live in as nearly 2000 years of history. I just learned all about it and from there on I'm now learning about the rest.
Turns out we have nearly no good records from early history though and the rest is, in my opinion, highly influenced by the winner of that time.

tldr: Learn about your city. Move if your city has no history, no soul.

Go to your local library and pick out a book that looks interesting from the stacks. Heres the dewey decimal system to help

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dewey_Decimal_classes#Class_900_.E2.80.93_History_.26_geography

Why is southern india the only region that doesn't shit all over the streets?

>invent sanitation 3500yrs ago
>maintain sanitation to present day while filthy Indo-Aryan peasants shit in the Ganges all day long

Is there any evidence of IVC culture remaining in Pakistan?

Start with this.

here's the full image if you guys wanna see

Aaaaaand a cancerous faggot had to ruin the thread....
OP did the right thing by posting only the non-retarded part of the pic
The jingoistic British historian who made that chart obviously turned his brain off as soon as England/Britain enters the picture

What kind of pathological delusion can lead of Britbong to unironically believe that

>England was more powerful than Spain in the 1500s/1600s
>England was more powerful than France under Louis XIV
>England was more powerful than France under Napoleon

Spy Network & luck?

>First Crusade and Peter the Hermit in HRE section rather than France

Who did this graph?

Aryans are long gone in India. You're all mixed trash that no longer resembles Aryans that originally invaded India. You can't be noble with shitskin admixture coming from Dravidian abo apes.

nobody cares about a bunch of spics you whiny little bitch. i hope your family gets raped and murdered.

Butthurt Paki confirmed.

Yeah this is totally bullshit, but its still nice for vague orientation

are these any good? i walked by them in the library theyre super thicc