Are there any accounts of black slaves being good, obidient servants to their masters because they chose to?

Are there any accounts of black slaves being good, obidient servants to their masters because they chose to?

Or all owners were cruel, impatient, dehumanizing monsters who would not treat their workers are fellow human beings?

Would an uncruel human enslave another human?

Mmmm, yes? Cultural practice, tradition...

I don't know man, the image of 24/7 oppressed, unhappy black slaves who did not work in the fields is not quite convincing. I am not saying that slavery is good or that it's excusable but I just think there must have been those ''house negroes'' who were quite content with their situation and did their duty with a sense of, err pride and honour? I am, what were the alternatives to it back then - back to the field or getting sold again...

>I just think there must have been those ''house negroes'' who were quite content with their situation and did their duty with a sense of, err pride and honour?

They still had to deal with bullshit in the jobs and the issues of being a slave (like family separation, abuse, not being free)

Implying that blacks in Africa were free and not a subject to local warlord tyranny

Also you would trade your freedom for food and a roof above your head

>fellow human beings?

What even is this meme?

You realize that people had pets and farm animals that were not abused?

If blacks were treated like cattle would one beat a cow that gives them milk and obeys their commands?

What are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

There was no fear of a cow rebelling

I don't know about accounts, but owners being on affectionate terms with their slaves is something you can find a shitload of shitloads of accounts of from roman times, so that kind of relationship was certainly possible.
After all, it's not quite that rare for people to become very familiar and attached when they're around each other all the time in intimate settings like a household, it's human nature.

He's probably trying to tell you that slaves preferring the stability and relative safety of their condition to the uncertainty and likely penury of freedom was totally a thing.

>You can be raped, tortured, or even outright killed if you don't immediately obey commands

>"Relative safety"

That's stupid and you know it. If you've worked for a family for a decade and they treated you in a certain way, there's no realistic reason to fear they could change over night just because they can. At that point, you yourself might as well start fearing that the next time your boss asks you into his office he might have a psychotic break and beat up your bitch ass.

Like serfdom, much depended upon the lord of the land and his temperment. But owning people tends to inflate one's ego, especially if for your whole life you've been told that the people you own are inferior. That being said some slaveowners probably weren't cruel bastards, but that doesn't negate the horror of slavery.

>At that point, you yourself might as well start fearing that the next time your boss asks you into his office he might have a psychotic break and beat up your bitch ass.
Let's go with a more apt analogy
>hey user, you've been at our company for 10 years, we've given you full benefits and quite the raises of the years, you're practically family. However the economy is tough right now so we have to let you go, we can hire a straight out of college grad for half of what we pay you. So sorry but that's how things are.
The point being that a position as a slave in a good household is never really secure and that if things go south you would find yourself shipped off to a large plantation for pennies on the dollar for a master who would treat you like the farm equipment he knows you are.

>be born
>see people outside and ask dad who they are
>oh those are slaves son, they do work for us
>oh ok
>grow up with slaves being absolutely natural, your friends have slaves, your family have slaves, the neighbours have slaves
>you are suddenly to come to the conclusion that this is a morally abhorrent act

>shipped off to a large plantation for pennies on the dollar for a master who would treat you like the farm equipment he knows you are
The sad part you're not considering is that this was actually the life of free farmhands, who were literal actual wage slaves on penance of starvation. Freedom for slaves meant vagrancy: for many slaves serving a fair master, dare I say most (among the house niggers, mind you certainly not most field niggers), it was not worth risking.

>However the economy is tough right now so we have to let you go, we can hire a straight out of college grad for half of what we pay you.
Bad bad analogy, there's nothing cheap about replacing slaves. There's no wages to consider and you'd likely spend more in buying the new one than selling the old. Also "trusted office worker" and "the fucking guy with the most access to my person and knowledge of my preferences in the whole world because arranged marriage rarely makes for much intimacy" is large enough to ruin the analogy, and you know it.
Also a skilled servant is gonna be sold as a skilled servant. There would be no point in just shipping him out to the field from any point of view: not from the previous owner's, not from the slave trader's, not from the buyer's.
I'm not saying that Sam the stable boy who's never even seen the bossman unless he's being told to saddle a horse and has to shovel shit around all day long is gonna want to spend his life as a slave, I'm saying Sally the nanny who raised the bossman since he was a kid and has been treated like an aunt (if a servile one) for 20 years is not gonna want to leave.

>mind you certainly not most field niggers
most were field niggers, though.

Because you like having servants? Why would anyone NOT like that? And it's pretty fucking obvious how easy it is for people to hide from the realities of their actions just because they enjoy those actions by the way people can be pro-war but hate seeing people blown up on the news or eat steak by hate it when people remind them they are eating an animal.

several states had laws against that

I'm very skeptical that the southern authorities would come racing to investigate if word got out that a black woman was missing.

Being a slave is categorical. They could have been treated amazing and gone home to a mansion every day, it still would have been shitty and people would rightly fight to destroy it.

It really depended on geography. It is generally known that plantation owners in the Mississippi Valley were much more cruel than most plantation owners. Most slaves were not whipped regularly, or ever in some cases.

Where did he even remotely imply this?

You don't understand Stockholm Syndrome user, the whip was to maintain mental hold over enslaved people.

>Slaves
>choice

He's trying to justify slavery as a benevolent master sorta situation, where this wasn't the case at all.

People aren't naturally inclined to slavery you have to break them in, then keep it going with carrot and stick.

The masters most of the time weren't o rely cruel it was the slave overseers paid by the masters that the cruelty was delegated to. But this escapes the mind of a retard like OP

I didn't even mention that at all.

>who were literal actual wage slaves on penance of starvation.

And they were free and rights. It's not their fault though, the southern gentry was absolute shit for everybody.

there are many actually, dunno about "black" slaves tho but in ancient times it wasn´t a bad thing

>be born to black woman
>mommy outside all day
>learn to walk
>told to go outside and pick cotton
>see kid at the big house not picking cotton
>ask why he doesn't pick cotton
>he throws a book at me and calls me uppity nigger
>ask mama why we pick cotton
>cuz we niggers
>eat hog guts and collards
>old white man fucks mama
>new mixed baby
>she works in the house
>daddy was sold before I was born
>walk away from the house
>get ran down and the shit beat out of me
>masa white daughter eyeballing me
>she lets me touch her
>only happy moment in life
>get murdered and thrown in river

>masa white daughter eyeballing me

wut

yes, one thing you can't break is survival instinct. No matter what absurd situation you find yourself in, you will find out you only have two choices to give up or fight. Slaves had no choice but to obey their masters.

>hur dur confederates dindhu nuffin

neck yourself dixie trash