Can someone explain the Trinity to me?

Can someone explain the Trinity to me?

How can God be three persons and yet only one at the same time and each of these persons being God but not each other?

How do you come up with that concept from the Bible itself?

What is exactly the Holy Spirit and what it's point? The Father is basically God as we generally think of, The Son is Jesus and all that but the Holy Spirit is ???

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KQLfgaUoQCw
youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

water can take three distinct forms: ice, vapour, and liquid water. none of these are the same as the other but they are all still water

>How can God be three persons and yet only one at the same time and each of these persons being God but not each other?
"Persons" is better translated as "existences". Essentially the Trinity is the three existences of Yahweh.
>How do you come up with that concept from the Bible itself?
Matthew 28:19 (and others that I can't name off the top of my head).
>What is exactly the Holy Spirit and what it's point? The Father is basically God as we generally think of, The Son is Jesus and all that but the Holy Spirit is ???
The Holy Spirit is the invisible/comprehensible "breath" or "wisdom" of both the invisible/incomprehensible Father, and the visible/comprehensible Son. The Spirit is an existence that doesn't speak on its own, but brings the word of the Father to humanity, and makes Jesus known. No one can say "Jesus is Lord", without first being motivated by the power of the Spirit.

>Modalism
Absolutely heretical, you fucking nigger

Best explanation was a satire video: youtu.be/KQLfgaUoQCw

>How can God be three persons and yet only one at the same time and each of these persons being God but not each other?
One word: Simplicity
>How do you come up with that concept from the Bible itself?
You don't. That's because in the bible that one doctrine is actually three doctrines. The trinity is an after the fact merger of three distinct doctrines ought of expediency.
>What is exactly the Holy Spirit and what it's point?
He is the love of the Father and the Son. He has no 'point' because He is pure act.

"It's a mystery :^)"

It is literally a mystery OP.

It's just a blatant contradiction. Every interpretation that could possibly make sense of it has been declared heresy. The point is to teach you to accept cognitive dissonance.

Foolish christians. How can you believe in 3 gods when the only god is Allah and Mohammed is his prophet?

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the same God

How is it that Jesus asks God things, then? How is it he talks about God as tho God is someone else? Is God schizophrenic?

JUDEOCHRISTIAN SPURIOUS CONCEPT DERIVED FROM KABBALAH, USED TO MASK THEIR WORSHIP OF SATAN IN ITS PHOSPHORIC FORM.

THE "TRINITY" IS STRUCTURED LIKE MOLECULAR PHOSPHORUS; PHOSPHORUS ITSELF IS SYMBOLIC OF LUCIFER, NOT OF SATAN, BUT IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH SATAN BECAUSE SATAN, BEING A DEMON, HAS A BODY OF PLASMA, WHICH EMITS PHOSPHORIC LIGHT —ID EST: IT GLOWS.

God can do anything

I said the same God, not the same person.

>these digits
wtf I love Jesus now

So you're a polytheist. Okay, just admit it and stop pretending to be a monotheist, monotheism isn't superior to polytheism anyway and teh Jews will never accept you no matter how many times you insist you worship their god.

It is not a perfect explanation but probably the best we can understand while living in a three dimensional world.

>So you're a polytheist
No, I believe in one God.
>teh Jews will never accept you no matter how many times you insist you worship their god
I don't care if Jews "accept" me, and no, I don't worship their god, because their god is Moloch.

I SMELL HERESY

youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw

>No, I believe in one God.

You just told me you think it's three persons. They share one power source? Okay. Still three beings, idiot.

What a heaping pile of dogshit.

Spirit is a feminine noun in Semitic languages (*rūḥ-) thus the dove. This could make it square with Gnostic thought.

Maybe it's like the inverse British monarchy.

One person holds many positions (Queen of UK, Queen of Canada, Queen of Australia, etc.). That doesn't mean these are distinct people.

Here it's several persons holding one position. They can be distinct entities (as in one can talk to another) but still hold the same position (God).

I don't know, not a Biblical expert, but could be a decent analogy if you're genuinely trying to wrap your head around it and aren't just shitposting.

I guess according to the Hellenic and Biblical understanding in the NT, an individual has one soul (psuché/psyche) but can have a multitude of spirits (pnéuma) like the man that had unclean spirits.

Maybe spirit could equated with love or light and soul with conscience.

You've got big boss, solid snake and the will of the boss, they are all snake, but separate.

You niggas are dumb. I'm a polytheist pagan but this shit is pretty simple.

They're aspects of a single whole. Think of you as a shithead brat, you as a shithead teen, and you now. All three of these 'you's have different opinions about shit, and probably different reactions to things, but they're all you.

Now with the christian god it's a little different in that it's not separation in time, but separation in context. You have the Father who is the stern paternal role and interfaces with his creation through guidance, the Son who is the cool sibling role and who interfaces with the creation through experiencing it and sacrificing himself to save it, and the Spirit who is essentially 'inspiration' and interfaces with the creation by working miracles through humans and by guiding faithful followers to correct interpretations of the bible.

Like c'mon, I don't believe it (and its fun to shitpost and say christfags are polytheists), but it's pretty damn simple.

>Here it's several persons holding one position.
No, it's not a matter of position or title, it's actually a matter of essence, being, and substance. It is three "persons" which are the selfsame essence, being, substance.

>They can be distinct entities (as in one can talk to another) but still hold the same position (God).
Nope, that's heresy. They are ONE entity, but distinct hypostases. Their communicating with one another is a matter of economy, not of entity.

Trinity is horse shit

Yahweh is an alien extradimensional being

Jesus is a demigod who has some if Yahweh's power

The Holy Spirit is probably what retarded christians called angels they didnt name.

You're closer than most in this thread, but you're still not right. Again ignoring the temporal category, those different "aspects" of you either possess or lack some attributes, or possess them in greater or lesser degrees, thus leading to the different manifestations of you. For instance, you might be less patient and more hot-headed as a shithead brat/teen, but less so as you mature. Your more childish and more mature selves may possess less sex drive than your teen self. None of the persons of the Trinity have any attributes or levels of experience that the others lack, because they are one simple essence possessing all the attributes of that essence in full, with no division into parts or degree.

There's not really any good analogy because we cannot really conceive, without a great amount of abstraction, of any human person who is not a 1:1 person:essence being. Indeed, when we speak of "persons" in a human sense, we aren't really even using it in quite the same sense that one must when discussing the deity. That's the part that gets us all confused.

The time thing isn't a perfect analogy, but I admitted as much in the post. I guess it's more like...

Okay, you know how when you're in a problem solving 'mode' you think through things step by step, where when you're goofing off with your friends you just go with stream of consciousness? I think it's supposed to be like that.

It's only more profound because the contexts he is switching between are themselves more profound. Get what I mean?

IT'S NOT FUCKING MODALISM I'M SICK OF THIS FUCKING MEME.
Water does not exist in modes, water is always water.
>b-but it turns into ice
Does ALL water in the universe turn into ice when it freezes preventing the simultaneous existence of steam?
No?
Then it's not a fucking mode.
Solid, liquid, and gaseous water exists simultaneously throughout the universe, unlike Optimus Prime who is either a truck or a humanoid robot but not both simultaneously which is an ACTUAL example of modalism. The concept of Water does not have to put on it's ice-hat and only it's ice-hat in order to be ice, and God does not have to on His Son-hat and only His Son-hat in order to be His Son.

>His "omnipotent" god can only be one thing at a time!
sad

Okay plato, we get it. You like your universal transcendent forms. Go back to sleep in Sheol now.

That's the problem though, modalism is not trinitarianism. The persons aren't different modes of the one God. They're distinct hypostases with the same being, essence, will, etc. etc. They all exist at once and it isn't as though God just switches between them, like, "hey, now I've gotta be the Father, oh crap need to throw in some Son action there..." That's a view that makes an actual, substantial God, either the Father or some other monadic God beneath or behind the Trinity, and then the other Persons are just aspects or manifestations of either the Father or that monadic entity that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are manifestations of. That's not a Trinity. In a Trinity, the persons are all coequal, coexistent, coeternal, and immanent.

Then it's partialism. Also a heresy.

is trinity purposefully confusing?

such a feature would be useful as a means of gate-keeping for theologians and clergy.

Jesus sets the example for the rest of humanity by communicating with God and showing us how we should live. Jesus is God is the form of man, so he's still bound to the same restrictions as such.

real question is how is it possible that every attempt to explain the trinity ends up being heresy?

There is only one program but three threads sharing all the resources. Do you even program?

I'm a three-dimensional being. If you printed a color sculpture of me, and then also took a digital photo, you now have two different representations of me, that are mechanically different. But does that make either thing *not* a representation of me?

The same goes if you printed out that digital photo onto some glossy photo-paper. Is the digital photo on your camera's SD card different from the paper version you hold in your hand? Yes and no. One exists in the form of nanoscopic silicon switches; the other as chemical light-filtering pigments, but [hypothetically excluding imperceptible imperfections] the logical arrangement of information is exactly the same.

This is my conception of the Christian God.

Trinity is heresy in itself, you cant expect another outcome