Russia America

What would have happen if Russia kept Alaska?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/O0WEqtE.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more semi-useless siberia until oil drilling peaks up

Alaska would be even more backwards than it is now.

Canada would probably end up taking Alaska when Russia collapses in 1917.

CANADA
STRONG
T
R
O
N
G

What happened to the Russian settlers? Are there still Russian speaking communities there today?

we went on an overnight fieldtrip semi-reenactment thing there in elementary school, it was pretty cool

The Russians left (there was only a small amount of them there in the first place); however, much of the Indigenous were converted to Orthodoxy, which is Russia's main mark on Alaska now.

They have pretty much all but disappeared. The only remnants of the Russian territorial days are some scattered Orthodox aborigines. If you exclude that, then it was like they were never even there.

There weren't very many people there to begin with, and the ones that where there just assimilated. I think most of the population during that time was still indigenous tribes.

Actually, I take that back. They wouldn't have waited until 1917. Canada would have taken the land during the Crimean war.

>Cold War
>THE RUSSIANS CAN INVADE US FROM CANADA
>Alaskan Missile Crisis

>Canada would have taken it during the Crimean War
Russia owned Alaska during the Crimean War.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! ! ! C A N A D A ! ! !
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

There were under 1000 living there at the time of the sale, and they were ordered to leave. There's still a lot of eastern orthodox churches up there though

Yes, and Canada would have taken the land during the Crimean War. You realize that the Crimean War was primarily between Russia and Britain, yes? And you realize also that Canada is a British colony? So British Canada would have taken Russian Alaska.

Canada didn't take the land during the Crimean War though. You can't say Canada would've done something they didn't do.

Canada is capable of anything

Okay, I screwed up the timeline. I thought that the sale occurred before the Crimean war because Alexander II knew he couldn't defend the land so he might as well make some quick cash by selling it to the Americans.

That is why Alexander II made the sale, but he only suspected war might break out because the Crimean War had already happened.

Even more interesting would have been if Mongols crossed the Bering Strait.

Alright, we're in agreement then, Canada acquires the land in 1917 when Russia collapses. America splits California into North California and South California so that they can still say that they have 50 states.

Why would California get spilt into two?

The flag would look weird with only 49 stars.

>splitting states to have 50 stars
No. If necessary, the US makes Samoa into #50.

And plunder skinwood villages set hundreds of miles apart?

I live in Alaska, there are zero remnants of Russian colonialism aside from a few inuits who adopted orthodoxy

It would be called thebgulag peninsula ;)

You mean nicholas i

Eskimos actually, Inuits are in the Northwest Territories.

>Russian California

There was no such thing as Canada during the Crimean war.

A girl can dream. Probably wouldn't be such a degeneracy filled shithole now if Russia colonized it.

>highest AIDS and alcoholism ratio in Europe
>not degenerate

Alcoholism is not degenerate, faggots are.

>t. Ivan Ivanovich

Everyone is seriously overestimating Canada's ability to take over Alaska, especially considering the literal nonexistence of any at all serious infrastructure (50 people villages and dirt trails don't count) anywhere north of Vancouver. I think that only post-ww2-mobilization Canada would be able to mount any serious expedition there

>implying california won't soon become the world's HIV AIDS capital anyways
check out the new "anti-discrimination" state law on AIDS disclosure

It would have most likely been taken over by Britain in due time. It was the main reason Russians sold it in the first place.

I guess if you made up some sort of alter-history where they still hold Alaska by the end of WW2, it would have probably been slowly settled by the less fortunate populations of the USSR. I'm kind of drawing parallels with Kuril islands here. Mostly settled by Ukrainians, generally a shitty place to live. Though the locals turned it into the reason why they love being there and why they'd never agree to the Japanese getting them back. They are also extremely strategically important. Alaska has oil and diamonds, Kurils have one of the rarest minerals on Earth which is crucial to the development of jet fighters. Go figure.

Not an argument

You never posted anything worth more then a shitpost reply you mouth-breathing mong.

t. faggot
Get bog'd

>he thinks Russian aren't gay as fuck
To be young and gullible.

We aren't.

Eskimo is just another name for inuits, the alaskan eskimos/inuits are called Iñupiat

What if Russia expanded its settlements in California?

It probably wouldn't be such a SJW stronghold for retards, nogs and gays as it is now.

>Canada would probably end up taking Alaska
shut the fuck up

USA did purchase or did rent Alaska?
Just for curiosity. Of course even USA did rent they never send Alaska back without a war.

1) Modern Russia would be bigger than now. Fantasy case.
2) Alaska would be going by way of Finland and Poland and be a independent country. More realistic case.

>tfw no San Nikolaisko

Why should it be independent? Russia always colonized with Russians, thetre wouldnt be any significant non-russian minority that could want independence.

Alaska's a long way from Moscow, how exactly is Russia going to keep it defended? With the Russian """""Fleet"""""?

do you know that Russia was British (Canadian) ally in WW1?

>Implying the Anglo wouldn't snatch it when Russia goes commie.

>Implying the Mad Baron wouldn't move from Siberia to Alaska and kill everyone

Russia always care about keeping one common language, and don't care much about blood and minorities. A lot of non-Russian minority are in Russia, Armenian, Tatarian, Mari, Chechen, wikipedia is shit also.

>alcoholism isn't degenerate
sure thing, how are your FASbabies Ivan?
the thing is even places like San Barebackisco have less AIDS than russia. Westerners simply don't get just how much of a shithole russia is

Cossacks settlements as officers,and recruit army from civil people of Alaska.

France and Spain has is much more alcoholism problem. Also I don't think alcoholism was even a problem in Eurasia. Weak people do alcoholism and die, providing a clear road to people much stronger than they.

Why not an EU drunkard?

In that case Monarchic Russia would be too big and split up to few countries like Lenin did, like Gorbachev did.

i.imgur.com/O0WEqtE.jpg
ivan btfo'd

>implying Alaska would magicaly turn red

How beneficial would the gold rush had been to Russia?

Would it be really such a deal for a country with such vast mineral resources like Russia?

You are an idiot.

>Implying the Anglos need even that much an excuse

Inuit and Eskimo are both blanket terms for northern, non-Beringian natives, the only difference is that Eskimo is commonly accepted in America and Inuit is the legal term in Canada

Krasnoyarsk's gold prospector N.F. Myasnikov made business card from pure gold. The cost one of such “bagatelle” crossed for five rubles. In the 50th years the pood (sixteen kilograms) of sturgeon roe cost five and one-half of rubles.
p.s. wikipedia's "gold rush in Siberia" don't translated to English and maybe never be. Politics.

Britain was allied with Tsarist Russia during WW1. The Bolsheviks were a different matter. There is no way that they would have allowed the Bolsheviks to keep Alaska.

>Tsarist
Such an ugly English term. Russia knew "monarhists", fans of Monarchy, and newer knew "tsarists"

>high amount of corruption
>high number of fraud
>high number of drug abuse
>high number of domestic violence
>high rate of homicide
>high number of abortions
>high number of HIV infection
>high number of divorces
>not degenerate
Russia is by far the most degenerate white country.

>implying the Mad Baron would have to swim across the Bering Strait

>Probably wouldn't be such a degeneracy filled shithole now if Russia colonized it
>Russia
>colonized it
>Probably wouldn't be such a degeneracy filled shithole

if you're russian then i'm sorry to inform you that your country is the definition of a shithole

tell me one reason why would Alaska turn Red instead of White

because the rest of russia did

who knows, maybe it would become Russia's Taiwan

A world where Tsar Nicholas II fucks off to Alaska instead of staying in Russia after abdicating would be an interesting alt-history.

>American education

you know the revolution ended with the Bolsheviks winning right?

sub zero Taiwan

I'm fairly certain we're talking about what would make Alaska turn Red instead of White during the Civil War, not after, user.

Trips checked.

Sarah Palin could truthfully say that she can see Russia from her house.

>White armies were Bolshevik because they lost

I don't think Canada would have waited until the Civil War was over to intervene.

my fellow Sonoma native, how you doing

Why people are saying that Canada takes over the Alaska.

And you know the independence of Alaska?

>2nd non-/Pol/ thread derailed by Canadians I've seen today
>Canadians have truly surpassed Aussies with their shit posting Jin jitsu

Of course. Their hordes would grow mighty in the vast plains of Fairbanks and Anchorage.

There are still large holdouts of White Emigres in California. Whenever a gay pride parade is attacked in Russia, there are always protests outside the Russian Cathedral in San Francisco. California even has a bunch of Russian monasteries in it.

We almost had a Russian Hawaii.

The USSR and the Russian Government in exile in Alaska, headed by Nicholas, then Tsar Alexei and then his heir Tsar Alexander IV?
When the communists fall would the Tsar in exile be invited back?

This is an image board, you know. Why link to Imgur?

Realistically, Britain would annex it into Canada.
In my Alt-his, it would be left alone until the Russian revolution, when the Tsar and his supporters would go there and declare independence.

There'd probably be a whole lot more of pic related living in Alaska

Russia was losing money on Alaska, so it's like an extended Siberia without even the national security justification.

I doubt the Russians would ever have been able to project power into Alaska in a meaningful way. They already had a massive country to govern, projecting power across the Pacific would have been quite an investment for what? More tundra?

I'd guess this is why they were OK with selling it.

I'd also guess that if Russians discovered the gold there, Americans and Canadians would have just rushed in anyways, if they didn't give a shit about bum rushing native American lands in past gold rushes, why would they care about Russia technically owning Alaska?

>Russia orchestrated americans taking Hawaii to lure them into ww2 a century later
Diabolical

t. faggot

>massive country to govern
Actually only european part is populated. All this huge Russia you see on map is just a line of towns near south border all the way to the pacific ocean. Former fortresses guarding trade routes.

Alaska would be the no.1 refuge to the White Movement under protection of US and Britain/Canada
basically, USSR's Taiwan